IGNORED

No Mans Sky

neogeo1982

19 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

I just got a PS5 recently and am still redownloading everything still. So I will be onto NMS to play the new update soo hopefully.

Just FYI,  you will probably want the PS5 version, but if you have a PSVR,  you will need to the PS4 version to play in VR mode.   You can have both installed at the same time but they use separate save files.      You can migrate you PS4 save to PS5 in game.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:27 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Well in further playing this quite a bit last night, the asteroids are different in that they look different than they used to. But on the PS4 version they aren't nearly as heavily dense as has been shown on the other platforms. Similar with the black hole in that its new effect is different on the PS4, but not as pronounced as I've seen for PC and other more modern systems.

Checked out both PS5 and PS4 versions over the weekend,  yes asteroid fields are less dense in PS4 version, but I still think they look better than they used to.    The asteroids used to grow in size as you approached them--   it was cheating, you could tell it wasn't a natural 3D effect.   Now asteroid fields are rarer.   You can still find stray asteroids in space if you need them for fuel,  but when you find an asteroid field, it just looks a lot better.  So this is a change I'm happy with.

But the freighter customization changes...   I'm underwhelmed.    You are still stuck with a bunch of styled prefab parts that limit what you can build.  Everything will still have a "cold scifi" feel.   I'd like my home ship to have luxurious interiors but it doesn't seem like I could build anything like that with these parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 11:49 AM, zzip said:

You can migrate you PS4 save to PS5 in game.

This didn't work for me. Which is ok since I get to start anew with PS5 trophies. Plus I don't remember doing the Artemis story when I played through before...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

This didn't work for me. Which is ok since I get to start anew with PS5 trophies. Plus I don't remember doing the Artemis story when I played through before...

Artemis came after launch in one of the early updates.    But there's so much early game content now that starting over is kind of overwhelming..  I've tried, but keep going back to my old save :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

So I've been playing NMS sky for several hours pretty much on a weekly basis since this past summer. It has been since it originally launched that I last played it, so to see all the crazy updates the game had received up to that point was amazing and made it so much different and better to play as a result.

Well, having played it quite a bit and now with the new Interceptor update I thought I would provide some helpful tidbits that likely work on any platform but I know work on the PS4 version which, is how I play the game.

- The new Interceptor update brings about a ton of changes and with those changes of new ships and new resources come lots of ways to get nanites that we didn't have before. Pugnieum was always a method to refine into nanites but pretty slow and tedious way to go about it. The new resources you get from corrupted planets will provide much higher yields of Nanites when refining. The two best options are to refine the Inverted Mirrors which provide about 95 nanites for each mirror. And the new A.I. Brains you can get that will provide 250 for each brain. 

- The new crashed sentinel ships require you to clear out the stuff on board and then retrieve the A.I. brain from within it. At that point you are supposed to tap into the brain so it reveals the location of a nearby monolith you use to convert the brain from hostile to docile so you can then claim and use the crashed sentinel ship it came from. While not a bit deal to go through this process, there is a faster way..

- As some may know that have played the game, there has been a long standing bug/cheat where at drop pod sites where you can get an exosuit expansion, it was possible to open a green damaged container but quickly exit from it before auto claiming the stuff inside it. From there, visiting the drop pod would automatically give you the suit expansion without having to provide the needed materials to repair the pod. Well, this same trick will work on the Sentinel ships as well! The caveat is that there isn't usually a damaged green box to do this so it might require scouting around a bit and searching the dropped cargo spots to find one. Then open the box and quickly exit before claiming the contents. Now go the sentinel ship and click on it and it will auto fix itself and you can use it without the brain conversion sub mission being needed. You can also do this if you change to creative mode. The caveat with this is that you won't get the items from the ship nor the brain if you do this. But what you can do is to retrieve the items first along with the brain and then exit, open a green box in the manner described and then go back and I believe the ship will auto repair and be ready as well.

- Another way to get infinite nanites (although not as quickly as refining sentinel tech), involves the abandoned buildings with haunted and similar type terminals inside them. I'm not sure if this requires having finished the main Atlas mission but it likely does. In any event, when I visit haunted terminals they always give me the same "Hello World" message and I'm able to retrieve additional data from them. That usually results in getting nanites of around 100 to 250 at random. But the cool thing is that you can immediately access the terminal again and go through the motions to retrieve data again...and again...and get nanites each time you do this. It doesn't take long to quickly go through the messages and get them plus you are in a building so you are protected from the elements and enemies outside when doing this.

- Not sure about other platforms of the game, but the small refiner duplication glitch can still be used even on your freighter. But in my case I'm only able to get it to work using 2 refiners. The first one I lay down as normal and place the item to be duped inside it. I then lay the second one down but turn it 90 degrees from the first one and line up the centers. Doing this makes it much easier to reclaim the second refiner and duplicated material inside it each time. But it does require you to look at the first refiner after each duplication in order for it to register somehow. If you just reclaim the second refiner and the duplicated material and then place the 2nd refiner ontop of the original again, you will find that the duplication won't work. So yeah... place item, place second refiner, reclaim it, get the 2nd refiner and duplicate item. Look at the original and make sure you item is still there and then place the 2nd refiner back into place and reclaim...etc. Takes a bit but once you get to enough of an amount in the first one, the increases being exponential make it go pretty quickly.

So there a few tips to get ahead to save some time when playing. Although I will note that the interceptor update 4.21 has brought about the worst bug I've seen yet in this game on my PS4. The issue is that the game doesn't just crash causing the PS4 to want you to submit a bug report...but instead just soft locks with the action on screen freezing and the audio still playing as normal like nothing happened. Only way to get out of this is to close the application from the PS menu and then relaunch the game. But then the issue seems to crop back even quicker than before until it is pretty much within min of starting the game. Only way I've found to help extend the playtime between these crashes is to power off the PS4 completely, and then power it back on and restart the game. At that point I can usually play for an hour or so before it rears its ugly head again. Crashes have always kinda been a thing with this game but usually were much further apart when they took place. This latest one is a royal pain since the game will restart you at the last save point the game made or that you made if it hadn't gotten a change to save on its own before the crash. 

In my case these soft locks only happen when flying the ship and usually occure shortly after entering pulse drive mode towards a destination. It also happens just flying along the planet surface but in all cases, these new soft locks always occur for me when flying the ship. Doesn't matter if I'm in first person or 3rd person mode nor does the ship being flown seem to matter. I've filled out a bug report on this one with HG Zendesk so perhaps it is something they can look into.

Anyone else have some tips to add with the latest updates to the game on PS4 or perhaps also have similar bug issues to report?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

- The new Interceptor update brings about a ton of changes and with those changes of new ships and new resources come lots of ways to get nanites that we didn't have before. Pugnieum was always a method to refine into nanites but pretty slow and tedious way to go about it. The new resources you get from corrupted planets will provide much higher yields of Nanites when refining. The two best options are to refine the Inverted Mirrors which provide about 95 nanites for each mirror. And the new A.I. Brains you can get that will provide 250 for each brain. 

But are there new ways to spend it?  One frustration I've had with the game is once you grind your way to become rich, you quickly run out of things to spend it on and your wealth is just a number.   Then they end up adding a new currency to balance things, until people get too rich in that currency too then they add another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zzip said:

But are there new ways to spend it?  One frustration I've had with the game is once you grind your way to become rich, you quickly run out of things to spend it on and your wealth is just a number.   Then they end up adding a new currency to balance things, until people get too rich in that currency too then they add another.

Well until now I really never cared too much on having lots of nanites because I was pretty content in where I was in the game as far as the ships and gear I had. But, with the new interceptor update, you are more likely to find a sentinel ship you really like the look of...but sits a lowly class B or something and now you want those 50k nanite sets so you can upgrade the class of the ship. And now, I'm more interested in bulking up my upgrade modules on my ships and multi-tool because the new sentinels are a bit more of a challenge to fight. The new corrupted versions for instance can be interesting because all of the flying Sentinel units have the ability to heal others at any time. So they can switch between combat mode and healing mode on the fly making them your priority to dispatch as quickly as possible when they appear before going after the larger spider and smaller spider Sentinels. 

So for someone like me that was only keeping about 50k nanites around it has become more of an incentive to find ways to get more than I did previously. Needing strong weapons on my ships is also more important now that Sentinel frigates can finally be destroyed in the game. 

The only real change I would like to see added is for actual derelict freighters you come upon while pulse driving to be able to be boarded like the ones you have to get maps specifically for. I know it makes the need to get maps for them useless from the merchants if they did that, but they could nerf the rewards from those freighters as compared to the ones you get maps for to at least give the player something to do when you encounter them vs having to just fly around the stupid things.

One warning that I've had with the Interceptor update is in regards to the Sentinel Frigates I mentioned before. When they warp in, they seem to have a tendency to warp in on top of my ship. I've died a few times of them warping in because they warped in on top of me and my ship was now trapped within the geometry of the frigate registering as if I'm colliding with it until my ship blows up. Very annoying but not as much as the random soft locks I mentioned in my previous post that I've reported to HG about.

Oh...one interesting thing... a planet that I had built a base on was originally an aggressive sentinel planet. I did it on purpose as a means to have a base I could hide inside of and take out sentinels to disable them on the planet to collect up the wads of Gravatino balls to sell as a money farm of sorts. Well, the corrupted planets took over quite a few of the previously known aggressive sentinel planets. As such, they are now no longer aggressive, but you can't really disable them fully either since I don't believe there is a way to completely disable corrupted sentinels on their planets as we can normal sentinels. So be prepared for places you knew in the past having possibly changed to be corrupted planets now. 

• Like 1

4.22 update seems to have corrected the bug I was having with the game soft locking, but introduced another annoying one. Now, when I got to send my frigates on mission expeditions, the difficult ranking stars are now just large blocks of white. There isn't anyway to know the difficulty of the missions now as they appear to have a texture bug on that screen. 

I reported it to the zenhelp desk...so we shall see if the next patch fixes that one.

• Like 1

@-^CrossBow^- Haven't seen this one on the PS5 upgrade. I did run into the issue of PS4 to PS5 save migration last year though. I ended up just having to restart the whole game. It did separate the trophies and allow me to get them again for the PS5 though.

It also prompted me to check out community missions and check out others bases. This also got me jumped to other dimensions way farther along than I had previously been at. 

25 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

@-^CrossBow^- Haven't seen this one on the PS5 upgrade. I did run into the issue of PS4 to PS5 save migration last year though. I ended up just having to restart the whole game. It did separate the trophies and allow me to get them again for the PS5 though.

It also prompted me to check out community missions and check out others bases. This also got me jumped to other dimensions way farther along than I had previously been at. 

4.23 update actually brought about the bug again only now it is actually worse than before. I've figured out that it pretty much has the soft lock occur only when flying in the ship and when the game is trying to autosave. Not every time, but when it does occur, I've noticed the auto save icon in the lower right is also showing frozen. Too bad they haven't given us the ability to disable this as I think it would help in my case. Starting over is not something I'm willing to do with over 300hours invested in my save file.

I've seen a few other odd things happen as well. Last night when playing and I was in a space station, one of the landing platforms rose up as they do when a ship is about to land...except... a ship never did arrive to land and the platform was just stuck there in the up position? Never had seen that one before and it was quite odd to see. Lost of terrain glitches too when walking on planets where I just fall through the ground in places where it appears to have not finished rendering yet? I have an SSD installed on purpose as it used to help with stuff like this in PS4 games, but I think what is happening is that the new updates are really taking a toll on the memory requirements for the PS4 version and these glitches are manifesting as a result of memory leaks.

I've also found that having the game running and putting the PS4 into rest mode is a NO go ever since the Interceptor updates as that will cause the soft lock condition I spoke about to occur with the first 10min of my playing the game when waking the system back up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

4.23 update actually brought about the bug again only now it is actually worse than before. I've figured out that it pretty much has the soft lock occur only when flying in the ship and when the game is trying to autosave. Not every time, but when it does occur, I've noticed the auto save icon in the lower right is also showing frozen. Too bad they haven't given us the ability to disable this as I think it would help in my case. Starting over is not something I'm willing to do with over 300hours invested in my save file.

Old bugs reappearing has been a constant problem with this game.   They need to get better at code management

11 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

I actually have all of the trophies minus the 2 hard core ones for the pathfinder? I think it was called update a few years back? They are the trophies you get for reaching the center of the galaxy on permadeath mode and something else similar to it. Hadn't bothered but I guess I could try and tackle those two at some point to have all the trophies done at least.

Some folks are stating that what is needed is likely a complete reset of the game's universe. Essentially exactly what is stated in the main Atlas story ark in that the 16 time is up and a complete reset is needed to likely correct a lot of the issues between the different platforms. Course if Hello Games did that, it would also wipe out everything that players have made and completely change the systems and planets as I understand it?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:09 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

have all of the trophies

Same with me. I Platinum trophied the game several years ago myself with almost 200 hours. Restarting on PS5 with another round of the same trophies was a hard pill to swallow but I have managed another 150 hours into another save now. 

So bit more playing and we are now up to version 4.23 on the PS4 at least. The softlock bug appears to mostly be fixed but I also seem to have found what was mostly causing it. Seems that leaving the game going and putting the PS4 into 'Rest Mode' as I usually do so I can plug the controller back in to charge was part of the problem. I've now been doing a quick restore point by jumping into the ship and back out, then I exit back to mode selection menu in the game and then power off the PS4 completely. Doing this and starting the game cold like this seems to have reduced the softlock issues considerably. Now the only issues I have are normal console crashes after playing for a few hours that I'm about 90% sure are due to memory leak issues that have always been a thing with the PS4 version of the game. 

Now for some more interesting things I've only now noticed...

-: If you didn't know it is possible to have your wingmen (Squad) have sentinel ships they fly in vs whatever they had when you recruited them. The way you do this is simple but also comes with an interesting caveat:-

- What you do is first dismiss everyone in your squadron because as far as I know, it isn't possible to change their ships once they have been recruited. So you will have to let all of your Ace pilots go.

- Now you need to build up a small fleet of 4 nicely spec'd A or S class sentinel ships. So that means having space in your ship hold for them as well. You could do this one at a time but it just takes longer doing it that way.

- Once you have some nice Sentinel ships that you don't particular car that much about but have decent specs, choose one of them as your primary ship and fly it to a space station or you can wait around on your freighter if you have one.

- What you do is even swap the sentinel ship with the pilot you want to add to your squadron. But when you do the ship swap you need to run over to the pilot as he will change places of course to where your ship was located. Recruit him and you now have a wingman in your squadron that pilots a sentinel ship. Rinse and repeat for the remaining 3 wingmen to get a full Squadron of Sentinel Interceptors to come to your aid when you battle in the game.

There is an interesting caveat to this. I found that doing some minor upgrades to the Sentinel ships in regards to maybe some basic weapon and shield upgrades can be done, but I'm not sure it really effects the performance of the ship when it is being used by an NPC wingman like that. Another oddity is that I was surprised to see when I would first look at the stats of a pilot to see if I want to recruit him, see that they are an S class and then swap ships. Then when I would talk to them again to actually recruit them, I would find that the pilot while now owning my old sentinel ship, isn't actually the same pilot I just spoke with?! It randomizes the pilots apparently and as a result, that S class pilot you swapped ships with, might still be an S class, but I've had the new pilot that now owns my sentinel ship not show as an  A or B class when doing this. So that is something to keep mind. This randomizing of the pilots when doing the recruitment after swapping the ships might be specific to the PS4 version but yeah, just something to be aware of. I've also had the opposite happen where it was an A class pilot and it would an S class after the swap. But I've had it more often than not end up creating a pilot with lower stats.

Having said all that, I've not really noticed, but do your squadron members increase in their classes over time from battles? I'm pretty sure I only recruited S class pilots originally so I wasn't able to figure this out. I did quickly figure out that Frigates automatically gain experience and class as you send them out on expeditions. All of my frigates in my fleet are now at S class status including two living frigates that are good overall use to send on expos.

Speaking of Expeditions for your fleet, has anyone ever come across one that was higher than 3 starts difficulty? I've yet to have one offered that was higher than 3 stars. Kinda odd since even just two of my s class frigates will make my fleet status 5 stars for those expos and it seems a waste if there aren't more difficult or I should say more challenging expeditions for our frigates to go out on.

-:Ancient Bones regenerate in about the same places daily?:-

Not completely sure on the frequency of the resets for the items. But one of the planets I but a base on isn't the most friendly and doesn't have any living fauna on it. But what it does have is frequent scorching rain storms hence lots of storm crystals that are pretty dense in the area. But it also has another of my favorite money making resources. Ancient Bones! 

As it turns out the base I built has a few spots around it where ancient bones can be found. The cool thing is that they seem to regenerate at least daily? So much to the effect that the holes I mined with the terrain beam will have the bones come back floating in space because I already removed the terrain previously. This makes going back and collecting them pretty easy for some decent credits. Now I will say that they don't always regenerate in the same amount in the spot as before and of course what bones they are is rarely the same. But still kinda cool. I come to this planet pretty often to just run around and farm some bones and storm crystals. I call it my Ghost Planet because there isn't an living fauna, it is very grey in color over the entire terrain as a whole, but yet has a lot of bones everywhere. I've also found several abandoned trade stations on the planet. That is perhaps one of the strangest things to see. The first one I found is actually partially inside a cliff so some of the landing pads are inside the rock. No NPCs...no random pilots...nothing. But the trade terminal is still there and fully active to sell and buy from. Again, Ghost Planet seems fitting.

Anyone else got some cool tips or stories of things they have seen or oddities in the game they have experienced?

I have been playing the game pretty regular for about the past year now, and last night when I fired up the game (after about 2 days of not doing so), I find that every single one of my ship's names have reverted back to their original?! What the heck? I've also found on many of my planets I've established bases on, that the game is acting like I never scanned anything on them as everything is rescanning again? Is this something that just happens after so much time or what? Now the base names I gave are still set and my freighter and frigates still have their names I gave them. But all of my personal ships and many of my planets seemed to have reset themselves?

Anyone else seen this happen? Is this normal?

9 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I have been playing the game pretty regular for about the past year now, and last night when I fired up the game (after about 2 days of not doing so), I find that every single one of my ship's names have reverted back to their original?! What the heck? I've also found on many of my planets I've established bases on, that the game is acting like I never scanned anything on them as everything is rescanning again? Is this something that just happens after so much time or what? Now the base names I gave are still set and my freighter and frigates still have their names I gave them. But all of my personal ships and many of my planets seemed to have reset themselves?

Anyone else seen this happen? Is this normal?

Were you offline by chance?

51 minutes ago, zzip said:

Were you offline by chance?

Not according to my PS4. Then again, I'm not a PS Plus member either so I don't really have multiplayer ability but otherwise I was online with the PS4 and signed in all the same. Again, this is the first I've seen this. I even shut off the game and restarted and the ship names were still at their defaults. The issue with planets I have bases on and have visited, acting like I've never been there before actually started earlier in the week and seems to be random. But the bit with the ship names only just happened last night. I also noticed that one of the ships default names has the word screaming in it...well, I kept that and only changed the last word and now the word screaming is all asterisks? Are they flagging the word 'Screaming' for some reason even though that was part of the default name the ship originally had? 

46 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Not according to my PS4. Then again, I'm not a PS Plus member either so I don't really have multiplayer ability but otherwise I was online with the PS4 and signed in all the same. Again, this is the first I've seen this. I even shut off the game and restarted and the ship names were still at their defaults. The issue with planets I have bases on and have visited, acting like I've never been there before actually started earlier in the week and seems to be random. But the bit with the ship names only just happened last night. I also noticed that one of the ships default names has the word screaming in it...well, I kept that and only changed the last word and now the word screaming is all asterisks? Are they flagging the word 'Screaming' for some reason even though that was part of the default name the ship originally had? 

The way it used to work is your named discoveries are uploaded so others could see them,  not sure if it needs PS Plus for that, and not sure if it stores locally

If "screaming" is suddenly being censored would make me think there's an issue with their servers.    Could be a bug from an update, but looks like the last update was two weeks ago

Hello Games has zendesk on their site for reporting bugs,  might be worth entering the issue there if it persists

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zzip said:

The way it used to work is your named discoveries are uploaded so others could see them,  not sure if it needs PS Plus for that, and not sure if it stores locally

If "screaming" is suddenly being censored would make me think there's an issue with their servers.    Could be a bug from an update, but looks like the last update was two weeks ago

Hello Games has zendesk on their site for reporting bugs,  might be worth entering the issue there if it persists

Pretty sure that is how it works since planets and bases from others do appear for me to visit. The difference is that I'm always alone when I visit these places since I don't have PS Plus and I have multiplayer turned off anyway since it won't let me use it without PS Plus. But yeah, I see where others have discovered stuff and always have so I thought it strange that now out of the blue all of my personal ships have their default names again when for nearly the past year, they have had the names I gave them.

If it happens again, I might put in something to their zendesk on it, but I'm not sure how much more longer they will actively want to support the PS4 platform for the game. Although as long as they keep providing updates to it, I say that means they still support it.

• Like 1

So far over the weekend, the ship names and other planets I've been too seem to be keeping the discoveries and names in place.

That said, I was still having issues with random softlocks. For those that wonder what that means, it is when the game just seems to freeze but audio still seems to continue in a loop but visuals just stuck in a static image. And the PS4 never detects there has been an issue causing you to have to exist to the PS menu and close out the application manually. This has been a real issues since the Interceptor update was released on the PS4 at least. 

In the past when the game would lock up or crash, it would actually break out the PS crash screen where I could submit a report that way etc. But yeah, the softlocks were new to me since Interceptor was released. 

These lockups have been an annoyance for a while now since it just seems to happen with little to no warning. Anyway, I might have found a workaround over the weekend.

I have a PS4 Pro which, on some games has the ability to play at higher resolutions than the 1080P output for games that might support it. However, I still only game on a 1080P LCD in the game room. So instead I use the option called Super Sampling on my PS4 pro. This essentially renders the game internally at a higher resolution and then downscales that back to a 1080P output image. The result is improved clarity in the graphics and aliasing especially in most games. But it does come at a performance hit. I've never minded the performance hit too much, but I decided to turn off the super sampling on my PS4 this weekend to test an idea. Sure enough... the game didn't softlock on me once this weekend when I was playing it?! 

My thought here is that super sampling is eating up a lot more memory to render stuff and Hello Games likely have designed the game for best use on the base PS4 and not the Pro. Therefore, the super sampling is likely causing some memory issues that cause the game to be so unstable for me. Turning this option off the graphics don't look that much different to me honestly and I do have much improved framerates as a result and also it has been more stable so far.

So there is a tip for any PS4 players if you are playing the game on a PS4 Pro and might have issues, check and turn off the Super Sampling option in your Display options to see if that helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how many might still check this thread, but after finally getting all the trophies and pretty much done just about everything this is to do in the game, I thought I might share some of the ships I've acquired in the game.

First is Atreyu my S-class Solar I found not too long after I started playing the game again about a year ago. I believe this is what they call a Jackal style Solar. It is red with purple solar sails and is an excellent all around ship for use with plenty of firepower where needed, decent shields, and average hyperspace range.

2001057431_NoMansSky_20230605204358.thumb.jpg.f26151cfc5cc6822dc8cd7f7e881e61c.jpg 

However, when it comes to taking on bounties and general pirate hunting, I want my S-class Sentinel interceptor named The Empress with me as it has crazy damage with the photon cannon, great speed, with slightly less than average agility. It can double as a nice exploration ship as well as it has excellent hyperdrive range.

341037440_NoMansSky_20230605204243.thumb.jpg.4f549649867b54bf437806798c3ea668.jpg

While I don't take this ship out too much, I happened across it about 2 months back and I didn't own this style of ship yet, I decided to grab it when I found it crashed. I haven't upgraded this one too much but it is able to handle itself pretty well in a fire fight. Here is my S-class Exotic named Moon Child.

1631169449_NoMansSky_20230605204301.thumb.jpg.df02a789a030ac477a36aa6355b39e08.jpg

The last ship to show is the one that always comes up whenever I sell one I've found to claim the scrap from. This is Falkor my exotic s-class 'Squiddy'. Probably the most agile ship I have, it too can handle itself excellently in a firefight and has taken out more than a few Sentinel Freighters. 

375398824_NoMansSky_20230605204227.thumb.jpg.c7bdddbc587effaaea3afb3172af6530.jpg

There are more ships I own but these are perhaps the ones I tend to use the most with my Sentinel Interceptor being the one most used. I find the ships quite beautiful in the No Mans Sky game and hunting for new cool styles is always fun! Last I offer you the location of an S-class Exotic hopper I just found a bit ago. However, to get to this ship you will need to have access to the 10th galaxy known as Eissentam. I was originally able to access this galaxy by way of the Anomaly teleporter and going to the base called 'Perfect Perk'. From there find you a portal you can use and enter in the glyphs show in the picture below of the S-class Exotic. It is actually underwater but not very deep down so very easy to swim down to to fix it up and claim for yourself. While I haven't provided the exact co-ordinates on the planet where it is located, I did place a Comm Ball and Save marker next to it. Far as I know, I'm the only one to find the planet and this ship, so there would only be one Comm ball and save marker for now to help located its location.

1468059995_NoMansSky_20230605203133.thumb.jpg.6fbe31c5ee9db82dded4ea24d3d4caed.jpg

Few more shots of this little S-class Exotic...

237460819_NoMansSky_20230605203430.thumb.jpg.d1f141a22eefe01b5d1caa3d60196214.jpg

30008094_NoMansSky_20230605203501.thumb.jpg.731dad098a41fbc6fb2bda9daf47b3e7.jpg

Last I leave you with my favorite screen shot I've manage to get to date. This just goes to show that while the PS4 may be nearly a decade old at the end of this year, it can still produce some amazing moments in both game play and graphics. Screenshots like this is why I still haven't felt the need to get a PS5.

706886717_NoMansSkystilllooksamazingonPS4.thumb.jpg.af7c7279045eaf1274cae8243fa28904.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So here is an interesting bug I've encountered since the Singularity Expo was released and it is still present even on the latest patch. Basically there is a part in the expo run where you visit one of the planets as required to visit one of the camps. What is odd about this planet is that is shows up on screen when scanned as being a 'Cabled' planet. Meaning it is an anomaly planet. Anomaly planets will either have no fauna (animals) on them, or just 1 animal that can be scanned and documented. But on this cabled planet, there is just one animal and it one of the animals that looks like one of the minerals you scan on the planet basically be a mechanical looking ball that rolls around on its own. However, when you scan this animal and then check your discoveries, you will notice that the 3D model of the animal in question, is NOT the animal you actually scanned? In addition, the discoveries claim there are like 7 animals that can be scanned on this planet? But yet it doesn't give any details on where they might be found as it would normally when there are animals left to scan on a planet.

So it appears that the planet is indeed an anomaly planet, but for whatever reason, the discoveries section for it is bugged and not registering properly.

Another really odd thing about this, is that it says I discovered this planet, but that isn't possible since all others playing the expedition also visit this planet, and so if anyone were to discover it, it would have been the very first person to come here while playing the expo? I didn't start playing the expo until several days after it was made available on the Xbox, and PC because it took a few days for the expo updates to be approved and available on the Playstation side of things? So yeah... very odd.

I clipped a short bit of video while playing the expo yesterday that shows what I'm talking about. I also list the portal glyphs so that others might try and visit to see if they have the same bug happening to them?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I'm late in finding this. But when did they add in the portal glyphs for the planet discoveries?! 

I just found this out the other night while playing and had not recalled seeing those listed before? This was a huge thing to me because over a year ago I apparently had found a 99.5% hospitable planet and didn't realize it at the time as I was just going through the systems trying to get to some specific star color system. And then when the discoveries were added I saw that I had this awesome paradise planet that I never even explored. But all it would show is what system it was part of but I had NO Clue on how to go about finding exactly where it was. Now that the portal glyphs have been added I was able to go straight to that planet that I'd been searching on/off for the better part of the last few months! So yeah... that's pretty awesome and I hadn't really noticed it mentioned anywhere?

15 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

So I'm late in finding this. But when did they add in the portal glyphs for the planet discoveries?! 

I just found this out the other night while playing and had not recalled seeing those listed before? This was a huge thing to me because over a year ago I apparently had found a 99.5% hospitable planet and didn't realize it at the time as I was just going through the systems trying to get to some specific star color system. And then when the discoveries were added I saw that I had this awesome paradise planet that I never even explored. But all it would show is what system it was part of but I had NO Clue on how to go about finding exactly where it was. Now that the portal glyphs have been added I was able to go straight to that planet that I'd been searching on/off for the better part of the last few months! So yeah... that's pretty awesome and I hadn't really noticed it mentioned anywhere?

Do you mean those 16-glyphs you need to collect and enter at the portals?    Those have been in the game since at least 1.3 (Atlas Rises),  they had a quest around it.