IGNORED

Vectorcade Owner Finally Reporting In

Antiluddite

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I got on a nostalgia kick a few weeks ago and renewed my relationship with my Vectrex (it's platonic).

Anyway, on some of the Vectrex sites I've been reading lately it seems like it's a minor mystery who originally purchased Brett Walach's Vectorcade controllers and some sites are trying to link Vectorcade numbers to owners.

So: I am the original owner of Vectorcade #21.

I found out a few days ago that some units had an "easter egg", inside, i.e. a written message. Mine does not, however.

I can't post the link here, but if you go to the Steam web site's "Community" link and search on "Antiluddite" under the Find People field you'll find my profile (first one) with some images and a brief "origin" story for anyone interested. I included the registration panel from the bottom of the unit for proof (although I've removed my name).

• Like 4

Thank you, Antiluddite, for letting us know. Almost a bit unusual that your Vectorcade doesn't have a written message inside but some Vectorcades like #5 don't have a message either. I've just added your Vectorcade to a list of Vectorcades which I've started some years ago.

PS: A nice "System Shock" avatar you have at Steam.

EDIT: Just saw that the Vectorcades #1-#8 celebrated their 20th anniversary these days. Hmm, maybe not the Vectorcades but Brett, the creator of these, might celebrate. ;)

Edited by hcmffm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, hcmffm said:

Almost a bit unusual that your Vectorcade doesn't have a written message inside but some Vectorcades like #5 don't have a message either.

Years ago, before I had the follow-up interactions with Brett and discovered he was (is) a good dude, I was a little bit harsher than I'd like when I posted to the forum looking for his contact info. I had never received my unit, Brett's original email was offline and I thought he had scammed me. After he contacted me, he may have rushed it out and that's why there wasn't any writing.

I laughed when I heard last week about the Easter eggs inside some of the Vectorcades. When I opened mine, I half expected Brett to have written "A-hole" (spelled out) in 240 pt font inside across the bottom panel. I was a little disappointed that he didn't. I could have been known as the owner of the "A-hole Vectorcade". :)

Glad you like my Steam avatar. :)

Edited by Antiluddite
details
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, Antiluddite said:

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I got on a nostalgia kick a few weeks ago and renewed my relationship with my Vectrex (it's platonic).

Anyway, on some of the Vectrex sites I've been reading lately it seems like it's a minor mystery who originally purchased Brett Walach's Vectorcade controllers and some sites are trying to link Vectorcade numbers to owners.

So: I am the original owner of Vectorcade #21.

I found out a few days ago that some units had an "easter egg", inside, i.e. a written message. Mine does not, however.

I can't post the link here, but if you go to the Steam web site's "Community" link and search on "Antiluddite" under the Find People field you'll find my profile (first one) with some images and a brief "origin" story for anyone interested. I included the registration panel from the bottom of the unit for proof (although I've removed my name).

Yep. One of mine also did not have any message.