IGNORED

FOUND: Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+

schnuth

EDIT: Found one, thanks everybody!

Does anyone have one of these they wouldn’t mind parting with? The global parts shortage is real and I haven’t been able to find one in stock anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by schnuth
Found a Pi.

1 hour ago, amiman99 said:

It should work with PiZero2 and it's cheaper at $15 in MicroCenter.

I already have PiZero2 and I'm waiting for my PiStorm from AmigaKit, we'll see it it works. 

I've read that too, but haven't found much info about it.  I might have to give it a go tho with the 3A+ being so scarce.  Let me know how that works out for you!  I did find the 3A+'s in stock at CanaKit but you have to buy a whole kit.  Still a lot cheaper than the $100 some yahoo's are asking tho.  :D

Good news everyone! The PiZERO2 works with PiStorm.

Watch this video first with one addition. The new Pi OS need additional install as per Pistorm install guide.

=====================================================================

Now the final steps to get things up and running, all of this is done from a command prompt (terminal) either locally on the PiStorm or over ssh:

• sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt full-upgrade (If you get mysterious 'not found' messages from running the line in the next step.)
  • sudo apt-get install git libasound2-dev
  • git clone https://github.com/captain-amygdala/pistorm.git
  • cd pistorm
  • make

Important note: If you are using Raspberry Pi OS "Bullseye", the main graphics backend for the OS has changed from dispmanx to DRM, and you need to follow these steps instead of just running make:

• First run sudo apt-get install libdrm-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libgbm-dev to install the DRM OpenGL/ES libraries, which are for some reason not included with the distro by default. These are necessary to link the graphics output library (raylib).
  • Then finally, run make PLATFORM=PI3_BULLSEYE for the emulator to compile successfully.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, amiman99 said:

Good news everyone! The PiZERO2 works with PiStorm.

Watch this video first with one addition. The new Pi OS need additional install as per Pistorm install guide.

=====================================================================

Now the final steps to get things up and running, all of this is done from a command prompt (terminal) either locally on the PiStorm or over ssh:

• sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt full-upgrade (If you get mysterious 'not found' messages from running the line in the next step.)
  • sudo apt-get install git libasound2-dev
  • git clone https://github.com/captain-amygdala/pistorm.git
  • cd pistorm
  • make

Important note: If you are using Raspberry Pi OS "Bullseye", the main graphics backend for the OS has changed from dispmanx to DRM, and you need to follow these steps instead of just running make:

• First run sudo apt-get install libdrm-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libgbm-dev to install the DRM OpenGL/ES libraries, which are for some reason not included with the distro by default. These are necessary to link the graphics output library (raylib).
  • Then finally, run make PLATFORM=PI3_BULLSEYE for the emulator to compile successfully.

That's awesome, thanks for the info!  I ended up just ordering a 3A+ with some extras from CanaKit tho.  It was a bit more than I wanted to pay but not nearly as much as the $100 sellers on eBay want.  Ugh.  Can't wait to get all the bits in the mail so I can try this out, the videos I watched make it look pretty amazing!