IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 16 - Game 2 - Tutankham

1 hour ago, cparsley said:

Cause A ) None available and B ) None available and C ) it's just not in the cards for me :(

Newest electronic here is likely a 15+ old mac lol

Do you have an older TV? I have like 7 Intellivisions. Some are for parts, but I have one that has NOT been modded yet. I could mail it over to you in Utummwa Iowa and Radar O'Reilly could receive it for you? ?

Or if you just have newer TVs, I could send you an AV modded one? ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, cparsley said:

Cause A ) None available and B ) None available and C ) it's just not in the cards for me :(

Newest electronic here is likely a 15+ old mac lol

There’s plenty available. I searched on eBay and there is over 100 of them right now you can bid on. Cmon man, stop playing on your computer and play the real way  ?. And Rick has one he can give you…see above. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

You might be better off with a computer for this game, even with the updated membranes the controls are brutal with the intv controller!

plus getting an intv is 100 times easier than getting Tutankham to play on it

apparently I was either getting lucky with my first couple games or I've been super unlucky since

managed to get the 100k at least

101300 (easy mode) Level 3

tuk.thumb.jpg.98f7c03b8450ce3f07dfdf680cd4d826.jpg

Edited by crade
  • Like 2

My King T Update: This is a 'decent' game, kind of fun, but also somewhat impossible in certain spots.... Oh and this game has YUGE point leeching potential... ?

TUTANKHAM - SKILL LEVEL 1 - 141,800 POINTS!!! (3 BONUS POINTS!!!) ?

TUTANKHAM(141800)HSC16.jpg.923ecfa2f55bbd0efa47be3f4ed5c9cc.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My King T Update: This is a 'decent' game, kind of fun, but also somewhat impossible in certain spots.... Oh and this game has YUGE point leeching potential... ?

Not sure I would say "impossible", but I think there are parts that seem just luck based to get by like that spot you died at..

I'm still not convinced there isn't a better way to do it..  I tried filling the screen with enemies so you know one wont pop out when you try to cross..  It works except the medicine is worse than the cure..  

And also if you die in one of those spots they can just kill you over and over before you can do anything at all which is just bad design

I kindof like the game but I hate the control scheme, I can't switch from the keypad to the action buttons fast enough to matter so the nuclear attack is mostly useless for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crade said:

Not sure I would say "impossible", but I think there are parts that seem just luck based to get by like that spot you died at..

I'm still not convinced there isn't a better way to do it..  I tried filling the screen with enemies so you know one wont pop out when you try to cross..  It works except the medicine is worse than the cure..  

And also if you die in one of those spots they can just kill you over and over before you can do anything at all which is just bad design

I kindof like the game but I hate the control scheme, I can't switch from the keypad to the action buttons fast enough to matter so the nuclear attack is mostly useless for me.

Yeah the game HAD potential, but the whole you can only carry one key at a time is stupid. Going back for that second key is a virtual nightmare. And yes I agree the slew of deaths concept is a total game killer. Meaning if you die in a bad spot like you said they will just keep killing you which yeah is a BAD gaming design. Reminds me of Beauty and the Beast where you can have 6 guys left and within seconds you can loose them all. I hate games that make you respawn in tumultuous situations lol...... ??

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah the game HAD potential, but the whole you can only carry one key at a time is stupid. Going back for that second key is a virtual nightmare. And yes I agree the slew of deaths concept is a total game killer. Meaning if you die in a bad spot like you said they will just keep killing you which yeah is a BAD gaming design. Reminds me of Beauty and the Beast where you can have 6 guys left and within seconds you can loose them all. I hate games that make you respawn in tumultuous situations lol...... ??

I don't mind having to go back over the area you already went to get the second key and being way harder the second time.  It's "MetroidVania" style  ?  Oh look now I have the red key I need to redo this whole section to get back to the door I couldn't open before..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimblargh said:

76,900 is what I could muster. My goal was just to make it to level 3 and I did it. Just like crade I completely forgot the 'clear screen' button until after I played! It's like my ol' Pops says; if you can read you can do anything! ?

Int Tutahkham 76900 220212.png

Nice one. We always like seeing new players here. If you can stick around it should be a 'challenging' season.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Nice one. We always like seeing new players here. If you can stick around it should be a 'challenging' season.... ?

Thank you for the warm welcome! It was my New Years resolution to participate an Atari Age HSC or 2. I figured that a resolution that involved playing more video games was one that I could stick with ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was really excited to try this game.  Been very busy, so I didn't get to it until just now.

"Oh no--PARKER BROTHERS." (Thinking about how awful Popeye is...)

"I wonder what the controls are..." (First button I push instakills everything on the screen.)  "I think I read you only have one of those for the entire game?"

"Which button shoots?"  (Ok, the bottom right button.)

(An enemy approaches from the left--I push the right button.)  "Wait, I can only shoot right, not left?!"

(Presses bottom left button.)  "Oh.  Left button shoots left, right button shoots right." (But I don't hold the controller like that, so it's really awkward to shoot left/right.)

"Look at that sprite flicker..."

I guess I have to re-read the rule book.  But this might be my first and last time playing this "gem".

"Thanks for coming to my TED Talk."

IMG_6407.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quick Tutankham Update: (Updated to post #48)

376,200 - Mark Griff [+3 bonus points]

339,600 - CParsley [+3 bonus points]

310,500 - Lupovax [+3 bonus points]

141,800 - Rickster8 [+3 bonus points]

101,300 - Crade [+3 bonus points]

93,700 - Fakecortex [+2 bonus points]

76,900 - jimblargh [+2 bonus points]

52,200 - Wolfy62 [+1 bonus point]

24,400 - Gar0u

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1

FINAL Tutankham Update: GRIFF PULLS OUT THE LATE VICTORY, GRABS THE MOST TUT LOOT!!!

mood GIFking tut eyes GIFmood GIF

376,200 - Mark Griff [+3 bonus points][+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

339,600 - CParsley [+3 bonus points][+12]

310,500 - Lupovax [+3 bonus points][+11]

----------------------------------------------------

141,800 - Rickster8 [+3 bonus points][+9]

101,300 - Crade [+3 bonus points][+8]

93,700 - Fakecortex [+2 bonus points][+7]

76,900 - jimblargh [+2 bonus points][+6]

52,200 - Wolfy62 [+1 bonus point][+5]

24,400 - Gar0u [+4]

• Like 1