IGNORED

Asteroite pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

2054416975_Asteroite_box_cart_mockup_trailer_80.thumb.png.7d59b0cf66e38127e689ecc22a6f5ffe.png

Asteroite is a sci-fi action adventure that puts you in the role of a legendary bounty hunter exploring a strange alien world. Gain vital skills while navigating treacherous tunnels and abandoned factories. Look for clues as to what happened here, and challenge a seemingly endless swarm of foes. Discover advanced technology tubes to save your progress to EEPROM on the cartridge. Do you accept this challenge of wit, skill, and mind?

This exclusive Jaguar release includes a box, manual, and cartridge. Orders ship March 22, 2022. Order now at https://songbird-productions.com.

European fans may also order here: http://tjocktv.se/product/asteroite-atari-jaguar-pre-order-march-2022/

UK fans may also order here: https://peleiadesshop.mydrobo.com/

UPDATE April 22, 2022: Unfortunately, the first wave of cartridges had a couple of latent bugs which causes the game to crash / lockup on certain Jaguar systems. This crash tends to happen in the first 10-15 minutes of gameplay, either when you reach the first save tube, or reach the first "ice sector" in the upper right part of the map (which is the sector above the first save tube). Also the victory screen appears corrupted for some customers. These bugs have all been fixed in a newer version of the ROM, and this ROM is undergoing test by multiple testers to ensure the ROM is stable from start to finish.

If you ordered direct from Songbird, and would like a replacement cart, Songbird will replace your cart free of charge. Note that you must return your original cartridge before you will receive a replacement. Here is the process:

1. Return the cartridge only (you keep the box and manual) to:
    Songbird Productions
    1736 Chippewa Drive NW
    Rochester, MN 55901
    USA
  2. Provide a brief written or printed note with the cart including your name, email, and order number.
  3. Wait patiently for a new cart to arrive. :)

I will gladly replace everyone's cart, regardless if you hit the crash or not. That way you'll get to have the most reliable version of the game possible. Note that if you receive a cart from another vendor, then you should work with that vendor directly to get a replacement.

Thanks to everyone for being so understanding during this process! Really appreciate your patience.

UPDATE May 9, 2022: We are resuming shipping using the V1.4 ROM. You can tell if you have the V1.4 ROM by looking for the text V1.4 in the bottom center of the title screen. If you ordered direct from Songbird and would like to swap your cartridge for the new version, please follow the instructions posted above, otherwise contact the shop where you originally bought the cartridge for next steps.

Edited by Songbird
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, grips03 said:

Can you remove the last period in the URL, it will help people order the game.

I was going to suggest the same, but then my browser on my phone has decided that quoting or posting on AtariAge's forums should randomly type text in... so weird.  Likely a bug in Fennec.

@Songbird

Even though I'm in the UK, I wanted to grab a few other things from you guys at the same time that the other sellers don't have (sorry guys, would buy locally if you did!) 

I am in the process of moving house though, is it difficult to change the address of a pre-order if I get keys to my new place before the game is released?

Just now, Songbird said:

Yes, I can update the shipping address on a pre-order as needed, as long as you contact me with sufficient time before the order ships. In this case I am anticipating Asteroite and Slicks will start shipping mid-to-late March.

Thanks, that should be great for me, I don't know if ordering other things in stock would be an issue (happy to wait for it in one order, not like I'll have time to play until the move anyway, but don't know if that just complicates things for you) 

There is a service for redirecting mail in the UK but comes with a cost and notoriously doesn't work very well!