IGNORED

Asteroite pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

@Silver Back thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the freeze. This is something we have never seen during test. For anyone that experiences this issue, can you report back to me by email, PM, or here to indicate if you have a "M" or "K" series Jaguar? Look at the sticker on the bottom of the console, and it's the first letter. This is just for information gathering at this point, in case we can correlate certain Jaguars to the symptom.

6 hours ago, Songbird said:

@Silver Back thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the freeze. This is something we have never seen during test. For anyone that experiences this issue, can you report back to me by email, PM, or here to indicate if you have a "M" or "K" series Jaguar? Look at the sticker on the bottom of the console, and it's the first letter. This is just for information gathering at this point, in case we can correlate certain Jaguars to the symptom.

I’m a K.

10 hours ago, Songbird said:

I have a "K" console as well. 

Played this for about 2 hours last night. Love the game.

No freezing... yet. I do notice speed up and slow down while running in some areas. It's kind of annoying, but playable (maybe a feature. I didn't read the manual ... oops).

I will check my Jags and see what model I am playing on. I have several, so can test them.

Also, like the Kiosk photo above. I should try it in my jag kiosk as it has the better monitor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I received my copy last week, but I still haven’t found enough free time to play it yet. 

Would someone kindly chime in with their experience with the game so far? How is it? How are the controls? What’s the game’s difficulty like?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions!

I've put a few hours into it and I'm pleased overall.  The controls feel a little stiff at first, but they're easy to get accustomed to.  It feels very much like a Metroid clone at first.  The difficulty is somewhat high for this genre, but not as high as something like Hollow Knight or Blasphemous.  If you're familiar with the 2D Metroid games, you'll find a pretty easy way to sequence-break early on.  But I've done that a bit too much, and now I find myself halfway across the map, nearly stranded because I ventured into difficult territory a little earlier than I probably should have, and my life is low and I'm having trouble getting back to a life-farming area alive.

It's fun, and pretty clearly among the best Jaguar homebrews.  Normally I would have put more time into it by now, but life has been especially nuts and I haven't been able to spend more time gaming.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Does anyway know the situation with UK orders?. I got an email last month saying the materials for the game where delayed but now on the way and haven’t heard anything since. I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on this game. I’m guessing worst case it’ll be some time next month. 

On my side the material from @Songbird is on the way in. I propose that you check with @Gaztee, it should be a similar situation on the UK side.

• Like 3

Re: cartridge seating – My console and cart seem to be have become a better fit, although it lacks the firm seating "chonk" noise of a Jag cart; I realize when it's not moving anymore that it must be seated.

Re: crashes – The issue seems to be triggered as new rooms attempt to load. The room starts to draw itself, then screen goes black, sometimes preceded by graphical corruption, and music of varied lengths (between a couple of notes and full soundtrack) loops. It occurred when I entered first boss room (Giant Umbra or some such?); black message box began to be drawn on screen before crash. The room loaded after starting from save point, although after killing boss by standing on ledge and shooting down diagonally, I discovered I couldn't get out of the next room, so I suspect I've tackled the rooms out of order. I can't type to whether reseating the cart has helped; I've been playing until it crashes twice, reseating cart after first crash, then quit.

I played quite a bit more last night.  I was able to get myself un-stuck, I collected the powerups I missed originally, and I explored the map enough to complete two big loops.  I really love this game now.  My character is starting to feel like a badass, and areas that gave me trouble earlier are much easier now.  My percentage is 65% currently.

Also, I haven't had any issues with freezing or other bugs.  I'll get my model number and post it here when I can, if that would help.

• Like 3

Had crash last night, again when entering room. I'm at 5 percent, which I'm guessing refers to overall progress toward completion.

I discovered a surefire way to prevent crashes: Point cell phone at TV and start a video recording when entering a room.

• Haha 6

I've been playing here and there with no problems. At 12%... or 21.. too tired to remember atm.

Running back to save progress and having fun finding the upgrades; roll ability, bombs, liquid suit, etc. Last save was with 2 hits worth of damage left so making my way 18 miles to the right to continue (exaggerating) has proven tough.

Great game and a TON of thanks to all involved for this absolute gem.?

Quick edit:

I played briefly, 30 minutes or so, on a K but most of the time has been on an M. No problem on either.

Didn't save my game on the K though so should probably use that console again. Will take the cart with

me to my other place next week and give it some play time.

Edited by Saturn
Added console info
  • Like 2

Thanks for the feedback and we are trying to isolate where the crash is triggered in the game ROM. Yes, please post it send me info on your Jag console K versus M (check bottom sticker) if you don't mind. So far it seems like no M unit ever has a failure, but some K's crash and some don't. Of course it could also be something like old / failing capacitors causing GPU to misbehave, in which case there may not be an easy correlation.

Thanks for being patient everyone! We'll get this sorted out eventually.

• Like 3