IGNORED

Elf Adventure

Tempest

Does anyone know the providence of the three Elf Adventure prototypes that surfaced several years back?  Did they come from Warren Robinett himself?  The more I dig into this prototype the more questions I have.  Also, does anyone know if there's a good dump of the 4/22/83 prototype?  The one that's floating around out there was dumped incorrectly.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/elfadventure/elfadventure.htm

9 hours ago, DeafAtariFromKansas said:

Look like he created 2 of 3 versions of ELF adventure in same chip (4/23 and 5/25), is it true? 

I have no idea.  I don't own those prototypes and I don't know where they came from.  At this point I'm not even sure if Warren was involved in programming them or not.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:02 AM, Tempest said:

4/22 is the bad one.  I think I had @Thomas Jentzsch look at it once and he said that the second 2K wasn't dumped, just the first 2K twice.

Nope, the whole dump is broken. It seems like several address lines were not working. Each 64 bytes block contains of 8x the same 8 bytes.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

6 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Nope, the whole dump is broken. It seems like several address lines were not working. Each 64 bytes block contains of 8x the same 8 bytes.

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

Sounds like the actual proto itself could be bad then. 

that's why it get corrupted..

On 2/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, Tempest said:

I have no idea.  I don't own those prototypes and I don't know where they came from.  At this point I'm not even sure if Warren was involved in programming them or not.

Thanks for input...

12 hours ago, 4ever2600 said:

Tempest, from what I understand, Joe, John and Sean from the classic gaming expo / video game museum obtained this from Warren himself.  Might be able to get more info from them.

Yep they came from the DP guys and yes Warren wrote it.  That answers my questions.  Thanks so much!

• Like 1

No problem man.  I specifically remember John telling me the story one CGE year asking Warren, something to the effect of, you've had this in storage all these years and are just telling us about it now??  Lol Not a direct quote mind you, but was still a cool story.

Glad to help!  Was just in the right place at the right time.