IGNORED

Juwel Opcode Error Loop when compiling

Evad97

With all apologies if this is something that I should know (or should have founding using better search skills) but I am very new to writing on the TI994/a and using the system itself. 

I am part way through a game that I'm writing in xb256 as a way of teaching myself about the TI99 and, when I go to compile it, the compiler hangs during pass one at "L20."  (If I'm be totally honest, I don't know what this means - but I was able to follow the tutorial and I have been able to successfully compile other shorter programs).  I've grabbed a couple of screenshots if they are of any help.  I am writing on the original hardware and using classic99 for compiling.

I have tried some other suggestions in the forums (removed comments) and, although I was /am using long variable names in basic, I've trimmed them down to four letter or smaller variable names).  I don't think that I'm using any parts of basic that the compiler doesn't support. 

Here are a couple of screenshots.  If anybody has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

E.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Thank you so much for that reply!

I (sigh) never stopped to think that the error message might be pointing me to the line where the error was. Turns out I had a "::" that went nowhere at the end of the line.  (There must have been a declaration there at some point that got moved).  It now compiles fine.

Thanks again - I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

• Like 6