IGNORED

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

CyranoJ

After finally getting some stuff working yesterday I uploaded a video in haste and happiness .. however not all was right, and something lurked in the shadows.

For you see, this is not a standing lamp, its actually a hanging lamp:

unknown.png   unknown.png

Ooops! LOL.

Anyway, here's another video from today showing slightly more progress!  Yes, there's a bullet glitch at the end, blah blah blah, we'll get there :)

We today have out first complete, working level :)

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Zerosquare said:

Yes, looks very nice, especially the lighting effects.

By the way, for the lamps, how about using a wedge shape with soft edges instead of a cylinder? I think it would look more natural:

image.png.5fe444b2b9ead59b2ae6ad9a1e32b92e.png 

(note: this is simulated with Paint Shop Pro, so the real effect will not look exactly the same)

We could try this but it would be a bigger sprite. Especially if you want it to spread wider. 

• Like 1

I must say that I love what you do here (even if you sometimes see me as your rival now). Your game has a quite unique look to it, and I hope it will also be fun to play.

On the lamp, have you considered having an interactive, animated lamp?

For example if you hit it, it will swing back and forth for a while, including the area it lights up?

This would give a very dynamic feel to the environment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyprian said:

is that the lighting lamp a hardware effects?

it looks cool and I first time I see practical use of that OP mixing colors  (I guess)

I am guessing it is, that's why I think it's so cool. @CyranoJ is the one that can give the proper answer. 

It's only the Blitter that can do that, and it's a challange to use that (a lot) in real-time, so that's why I also wonder if that could be used as an animated effect (e.g. done in real-time). I understand it's already done on the lit up area around the main character.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, phoboz said:

It's only the Blitter that can do that, and it's a challange to use that (a lot) in real-time, so that's why I also wonder if that could be used as an animated effect (e.g. done in real-time). I understand it's already done on the lit up area around the main character.

I'm not using the blitter at all yet...

The lighting is being done using RMW/CRY.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I am guessing it is, that's why I think it's so cool. @CyranoJ is the one that can give the proper answer. 

Actually the light is an animated sprite, there can be other animations and colors depending on art direction.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Level starts at 0:52.

New stuff: - Revamped Dash mechanics with visual feedback

- new tileset

- new backdrop

- 2 new robots: big "mech suit" (Big Sprite!) and "super bounce bot" (the 3rd new robot is not in the video)

- new laser trap

- more music and sound FX

- Current build has 12 levels playable

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1