IGNORED

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

CyranoJ

• 2 weeks later...

Just played through the demo and absolutely loved it! The game is absolutely visually stunning and as someone already said earlier in this thread it wouldn’t look out of place as an indie release on the PlayStation Store or similar, it really does look and play so so good. I’ll definitely be picking up the full release when it’s finished be it physically or a digital GD release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Loved it!! Felt a bit like a of a sort of hybrid of parts of child of light and unsung warriors with totally its own thing too (all in a good way!). And music sounded especially good hooked up through a KEF system! 😬

Haven’t really been following what’s normal these days but I like the idea of a digital release locked to the game drive that I can download!

Edited by Mr.JT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Jumping At Shadows demo on Wednesday's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

After Dark:

• Jumping At Shadows (2022 Demo | Jaguar) by Reboot / Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ (Code) / Ander Lex @agradeneu (Level Design, Art & Art Direction) / Ericde45 @Ericde45 (Sound Engine) / Ander Lex & Szadi Art (Artwork) / Roald Strauss (Music)
  • Stormbringer (2022 Exclusive Retail Premiere | Jaguar) by Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ (Jaguar Port) / David Jones (Original Programmer) / Benedikt Scheffer @Cabbage (Packaging Artwork)

(WATCH IN 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for playing and the compliments, although your struggles with the dash was painful to watch. 😅

We really thought the control scheme was straightforward - press left or right + A to dash horizontally, press diagonal to dash, well, diagonally.;-)

Some minor request for the cedits: I am not producing any code, I am the level designer and doing the art/ art direction. 

Thanks! 🙂

Edited by agradeneu
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Thanks for playing and the compliments, although your struggles with the dash was painful to watch. 😅

We really thought the control scheme was straightforward - press left or right + A to dash horizontally, press diagonal to dash, well, diagonally.;-)

Hahah, I think it was mostly due to the thumbstick mod on my controller messing with me. I'll be using a dpad next time which is probably more suited to more precision movements that are needed for the game. I got there in the end though!

6 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Some minor request for the cedits: I am not producing any code, I am the level designer and doing the art/ art direction. 

Thanks! 🙂

You bet, thank you for the updated information! I've changed it in the post above, the YouTube credits and on the Jaguar 2022 listings.

- James

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Time for a little update, it has been far too long.

We've been optimizing and working on new levels, new enemies, new... well, lots of stuff. 

We've also been working on a level hub where you'll select sets of levels to enter, which is what this video is. 

Again, this is a WIP of the hub from a WIP game, so please be gentle- Lots more to improve on here!

• Like 17