IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2022

ZeroPage Homebrew

18 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Please don't motivate the battlesphere guys, the 'scene' is far better off without them.

Yes, but I somehow like their dedication, as they continued to develop their game in a small team, even after Atari stopped supporting them, and finally they managed to release the game long after the Jaguar was proclaimed dead.

I understand from you that have been active way before me that theses people might be a little bit hard to deal with? Personally I can accept that from teams who also deliver, as opposed to other people who just tend to talk about something great that never materialises. 

Imagine how great it would have been if the teams behind Deathwatch, Conan and even the team behind Native demo would have been as dedicated as them?

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

They were and still are dedicated. And in the homebrew world, they delivered 2 masterpieces. Just not on the Jag ^^

Yes, but unfortunately they gave up on the Jaguar, and that is what counts here (according to my opinion)

The Battlesphere team didn't give up on the Jaguar, and that's why I think they deserve recognition.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Thru just gave up on being decent human beings. 

I just think that it is better to have an objective view of the work they did, without the political aspects being assessed as part their product.

I don't think that anyone of us here fulfill the definition of being a saint ? 

Edited by phoboz

2 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

See? According to the authors, their games aren't homebrew. So no reason to include them in the contest.

I also remember some other authors here that disliked that some their games were called homebrews.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I also remember some other authors here that disliked that some their games were called homebrews.

If I remember correctly, one of them diffamed/attacked devs who did emulators and free libraries, notably people of Jagware. 

Not sure what you are trying to suggest...

Edited by agradeneu

6 hours ago, phoboz said:

Imagine how great it would have been if the teams behind Deathwatch, Conan and even the team behind Native demo would have been as dedicated as them?

Native turned into Sturmwind on the Dreamcast, which is a really great game. It would have been nice to have it on the Jag, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

If I remember correctly, one of them diffamed/attacked devs who did emulators and free libraries, notably people of Jagware. 

Not sure what you are trying to suggest...

Maybe they didn't like competition ??

I don't know, it was before my time as suggested earlier.

54 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Native turned into Sturmwind on the Dreamcast, which is a really great game. It would have been nice to have it on the Jag, though.

Yes, unfortunately they decided to finalize the game on a platform 3 times as powerful as the Jaguar. That is not really pushing the limits, which seems to be a constant argument everytime a new Jaguar game is released.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, phoboz said:

Yes, unfortunately they decided to finalize the game on a platform 3 times as powerful as the Jaguar. That is not really pushing the limits, which seems to be a constant argument everytime a new Jaguar game is released.

Sturmwind is not a finished version of Native, it's a new engine for Dreamcast. For an 2D game, it's among the best on the system that has a lot of excellent 2d games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phoboz said:

Probably even more than just 3 times ;)

But to be fair, I don't think the final game is doable on Jaguar.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

Probably even more than just 3 times ;)

But to be fair, I don't think the final game is doable on Jaguar.

10x at least? Anyone who actually played "Sturmwind" would agree ;-)  No way this would run on the Jaguar. They already pushed the system very hard with that sprite 2d engine, but they stated that "Native" is merely a subset of the new engine for the DC.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

10x at least? Anyone who actually played "Sturmwind" would agree ;-)  No way this would run on the Jaguar. They already pushed the system very hard with that sprite 2d engine, but they stated that "Native" is merely a subset of the new engine for the DC.

Nevertheless it is a big dissapointment that they couldn't finish what they stared.

Especially as the developers still seems to be making games for other systems.

Still no point to just sit here and complain, rather I can focus on making new games for the Jaguar instead.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, phoboz said:

Nevertheless it is a big dissapointment that they couldn't finish what they stared.

Especially as the developers still seems to be making games for other systems.

Still no point to just sit here and complain, rather I can focus on making new games for the Jaguar instead.

You don't know the background, so....