IGNORED

Best AV Mod for Colecovision?

Sonaru

What is the best Colecovision mod/kit I can buy for my Colecovisuon that offers the cleanest video and audio signal? Is there a AV mod that doesn't require cutting any traces or removing any components like capacitors or resistors? I know there are no cut mods like those found on the Intellivision and Odyssey2.

No cut is up to you, but the best you can get signal wise is the TMS-RGB which, as the name implies will provide you with an RGB output signal that you can further convert from there. However the expansion module 1 will not go through the TMS-RGB so for that you would still be relegated to RF or add an additional composite upgrade as well. All of the composite upgrades I've used, pretty much provide the same results and I've been using the really small composite board kits you can guy at console5. But you do have to put them together yourself and they are comprised of SMD components. 

The ONLY component that has to be removed for the TMS-RGB (and it is optional) is the inductor located near the center top of the board at position L9 to help with image clarity a little bit more.

But if you plan to add in composite, you have to keep the RF intact since the composite signal comes from the logic inside the RF modulator.

• Thanks 1