IGNORED

Did they just not care?

Frozone212

ok, so i still play PS2 but I want to know just how stupid the devs at Rebellion had to be. Final fronts tends to run HORRIBLY on a stock PS2. It makes no sense. I can forgive the lowered graphics, but it can barely maintain 15 fps at times. Even Vanguard for all its faults can do better. It makes no sense. There's not caring and not knowing. Not knowing is something i'd expect from a new startup but Rebellion should know better. I know the game is old but dear god, why not just release for the Xbox instead?

No sense, makes no sensehow is that even possible season 1 GIF by Manifest

1 hour ago, Austin said:

PS2 had the largest marketshare back then. Any developer not prioritizing that platform first was off their rocker.

PS2's market share was so huge that I honestly wouldn't have blamed devs for not even bothering with the other 6th gen systems, and apparently a lot of them did just that, as the PS2 does have a massive amount of games that are still exclusive to it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

PS2's market share was so huge that I honestly wouldn't have blamed devs for not even bothering with the other 6th gen systems, and apparently a lot of them did just that, as the PS2 does have a massive amount of games that are still exclusive to it.

People definitely forget how big of a selling point the PS2 having a DVD player was at the time and the fact it was the cheapest DVD player on the market at the time. Man, i'm only 29 and have some coworkers 18-21 years old (One of them was born in 2003) and I tried explaining to them the allure of a $300 DVD player in a game console at the time with absolutely no luck ? 

On 2/9/2022 at 9:12 AM, Austin said:

PS2 had the largest marketshare back then. Any developer not prioritizing that platform first was off their rocker.

Indeed! Resident Evil remake (One of my favorite games of all time) and Resident Evil Zero were exclusive to GameCube at the time and sold absolutely horrendous as a result. And afterwards when Capcom ported Resident Evil 2 & 3 to the GameCube, very few copies were made and not a lot of stores carried them, making them extremely expensive for a used copy today much like the Sega Saturn version of RE1. 

Fortunately, Resident Evil 4 fared much better when that came along and released on GameCube.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

It was a 2008 release exclusive to the PS2. Rebellion were likely given a tight timeline and a low budget. In those days, it was pretty common for publishers to make a marquee console release (in this case, for the HD platforms) with quickly churned out tie-in titles (typically for handhelds or lower spec consoles) developed by outside studios. They were meant to piggyback off the attention the main version received, not be anything grandiose in their own right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...