IGNORED

Best Multicart?

AniGamer

Sean Kelly's stuff is excellent. I've also tried the Super Vectrex Multicart which is also very good. It's inexpensive ($20 + $5 shipping in US, $18 international) but is circuit board only, no case. Contact Jason Kopp on Facebook for that one. Then there's VecMulti, which is an SD card based multicart. Each one does the job, and each has it's pros and cons.

As cjher pointed out, already, the Sean Kelly cart is quite good: It comes with plenty of binaries and is pretty much up-to-date. If you want to try out free and latest binaries, too, then a multicartridge with SD card like VecMulti should be your choice. And if you even want extra features and processor power for running arcade binaries you should go for a PiTrex or a VecFever.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:45 AM, AniGamer said:

What is the best multicart out there? Is Sean Kelley’s good? I’m looking into that one.

There are exclusive games on it that are worth playing, so I think it’s worthwhile.

The Kopp-Kornmann Super Multicart (only available via Facebook when Jason makes some) is far and away the best value ($20!) and the most usable.

The BEST multicart is a @Richard H. VecMulti, although for whatever reason the menu sometimes messes with my monitor. PiTrex can fill a similar niche if you have the appropriate Pi Zero laying around.

I really need to make a spreadsheet of the games that are exclusive to each multicart.

I have all of the recent ones and the Box, overlay and professional presentation of Sean Kelly's cart is pretty great.

Jason Kopp's cart and the VecMulti are great too, especially the price of Kopp's cart which s very affordable even though it doesn't have a box or overlay.

You can also use a PiTrex as a multicart but with the current Raspberry Pi Zero shortage that may not be a great option.

• Like 1

Ralf Kornmann developed the extremely useful and pretty menu system for the Kopp-Kornmann multicart. I think it is the most usable multicart because of the menus.

Jason certainly deserves infinite credit for doing all the physical assembly work and selling it for parts cost, but I think Ralf deserves a little credit too.

The only modern multicarts I don’t have are Madtronix’s. Is there anything exclusive to them? Maybe some Luchssoft demos?

• 2 weeks later...

The best one by far is the Vecfever, but they can be a bit tricky to get ahold of. The Vecmulti SD cart is a solid bet too and is the next best option. Vextreme and Pi-trex is good too.. Basically any one that allows you to add/remove games.

I would personally avoid the fixed-game multicarts like the S.Kelly & Kopp carts since you're stuck with whatevers on there. Games can not be added or removed. However, they're much cheaper and still have a nice selection of original & homebrew games, so they're still worth owning. In conclusion, YMMV.. it's all personal preference and depends on your budget, how serious you plan on getting, etc. Happy gaming!

• Like 1