IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 16 - Game 4 - Buzz Bombers

Rickster8

[ Intellivision HSC Season 16 ]

(Game 4)

Buzz Bombers

Buzz_Bombers.jpg.9e38d751a6332de8e243e6d8ebd5a915.jpg

Buzz Bombers by Mattel 1982
Little Buzz Bombers keep barreling down towards your spray can. Blast one with a spray that sends him into a tailspin. Now you've got a honeycomb and 100 points, but KEEP MOVING. Moment by moment your spray can is being hemmed in by flowers. Make every shot count. You hit two bees with one shot....but the Buzz Bombers have other tricks up their little bee-sleeves. Here come the worst bees of them all ---- the Buzz Bomber KILLER BEES. Spray them all and watch the points pile up. 

buzz_bombers.gif.1a0d9599564ca517e18a95fa556640c6.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21479/intellivision/Buzz-Bombers-1982-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Buzz Bombers

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PRESS DISC

Game Objective

Spray bees as quickly as you can with your spray can before they fly down and pollenate the flowers. Survive as long as you can and score as many points as you can in the process. 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 100,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 150,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 200,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +3.  

Season Theme: Maze Craze and Critters. This game falls into the 'Critters' category.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 27TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

909,300 - Popsicle [+3 SET NEW HSC RECORD][+3 Bonus Points][+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE]

210,800 - Rickster8 [+3 Bonus Points][+12]

160,900 - CParsley [+2 Bonus Points][+11]

---------------------------------------------------

159,900 - Lupovax [+2 Bonus Points][+9]

155,600 - Crade [+2 Bonus Points][+8]

141,000 - Mark Griff [+1 Bonus Point][+7]

134,600 - jimblargh [+1 Bonus Point][+6]

60,900 - Gar0u [+5]

17,100 - PlayerOne [+4]

16,200 - wolfy62 [+3]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Mouse Trap

51 - Mark Griff

39 - CParsley

36 - Rickster8

32 - Crade

30 - Lupovax

27 - jimblargh

22 - Fakecortex

21 - IntyFanMatt

18 - Wolfy62

14 - Mr_Me

11 - Gar0u

1 - Jblenkle

Games Won

2 - Mark Griff - Tutankham / Mouse Trap

1 - IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark!

Sneak Preview:

Night Stalker

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores

1 hour ago, mark griff said:

Ill put up the first score 11000 remember playing this as a kid and remembering my thumb needed a bandaid. I liked the Steve Martin king tut dance Rick I even remember the Saturday night live when he performed it wow am I getting old

P_20220215_072026_HDR_p.jpg

Lol, were you performing that King Tut dance when you took this pic? ?

• Haha 2

My First Entry for Buzz Bombers: Lol, there won't be many more cuz this game is EXHAUSTING!!!! ?

BUZZ BOMBERS - [LEVEL 11] - 171,700 POINTS!!! (+2 BONUS POINTS!!!) ?

BUZZBOMBERSEMU(171700)SCORE.jpg.3312b14859e80cbccba0fe3940c46e63.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 4

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Mouse Trap

51 - Mark Griff

39 - CParsley

36 - Rickster8

32 - Crade

30 - Lupovax

27 - jimblargh

22 - Fakecortex

21 - IntyFanMatt

18 - Wolfy62

14 - Mr_Me

11 - Gar0u

1 - Jblenkle

Games Won

2 - Mark Griff - Tutankham / Mouse Trap

1 - IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark!

• Like 1

If it's not obvious, you need to shoot bees in a pattern that traps the yellow ones so they make beehives (easiest way is to start from the edge and work out from there). Once I have the whole row made, I stay still and shoot between them to try to pick off the white bees, which don't get trapped. Usually, the hummingbird when she enters will fly right in front of you if you are still, and you should get rid of her right away. If she eats one of your crucial honeycombs, it's not easy to recover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/21/2022 at 11:52 PM, popsicle said:

If it's not obvious, you need to shoot bees in a pattern that traps the yellow ones so they make beehives (easiest way is to start from the edge and work out from there). Once I have the whole row made, I stay still and shoot between them to try to pick off the white bees, which don't get trapped. Usually, the hummingbird when she enters will fly right in front of you if you are still, and you should get rid of her right away. If she eats one of your crucial honeycombs, it's not easy to recover. 

I tried to do what you are talking about. I managed to get some beehives going and the points mount up fast, but then that damn hummingbird comes and kills my nest and then everything goes to shit...... :(