1. 1. Should my game have music?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2022 at 03:29 PM

5 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

Do you want your game to have music?

Yes, I wanted to use the Slocum player but that would require making it a superchip game which it needs more variables.

However, Atari Dev Studio has trouble compiling the rom as it has trouble recognizing "superchip.h"

14 minutes ago, ZippyRedPlumber said:

Yes, I wanted to use the Slocum player but that would require making it a superchip game which it needs more variables.

However, Atari Dev Studio has trouble compiling the rom as it has trouble recognizing "superchip.h"

If you would need to make it a superchip game just to have titlescreen music, then I would say it's not worth the tradeoff just for that.  However, it's probably possible for you to reuse existing game variables on your titlescreen for use by your music routine. These could be used on the titlescreen for music, then initialized for use in the game like normal without any conflicts. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ZippyRedPlumber said:

Can't you reuse some of the ZP variables for the titlescreen music?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, ZippyRedPlumber said:

Anyone here wanna help me extract the plane crash sound in Sky Skipper & translate it to bB?

If there was a commented disassembly for that one I'd try pulling it out of there, but there doesn't appear to be one. My suggestion would be to play it in Stella, then right before the plane crash hit the tilde key to enter the Stella debugger. You can then advance frame by frame with Control-F while watching the sound registers on the audio tab to see what their values are every frame. You can then use this info to recreate the sound data yourself.

943776491_ScreenShot2022-03-28at9_31_31AM.thumb.png.2d46a1dfadca47b0abd429bd8e1616ac.png

• Like 2