IGNORED

Arcade edge pcb connector pitch

Yoruk

Hello there,

I'm sometimes working on vintage arcade pcb games, so I have to build specific harnesses to fit my jamma hardware (a supergun). But I have a very weird issue with some games : the edge connector seems to be NOT at a standard pitch of 3.96 mm.

On 2x18 or 2x22 edges connector, even if the pitch is different, it 'fit' enough, but I have this 2x28 pins game (NOT jamma) and as you can see, the small difference makes the connector completely unusable. I didn't have shorts between the pads, but the contact section is quite diminished. As it's the power pins, it may causes problems.

light.thumb.jpg.bc287fa9f9691d8f9f66b6b618e887eb.jpg

So to sum up, I do have some games with a perfect 3.96 mm pitch, some others seems slightly bigger (maybe 4 mm... I'll make accurate measurements) but a 'standard' female connector works, but on this particular 2x28 pins game, a standard female jamma connector doesn't fit.

I tried to make researches, I didn't manage to find information on other standard pitch values...

Thanks !

Edited by Yoruk
posting issues