IGNORED

Inufuto does Atari 8-bit!

carlsson

On 7/5/2022 at 1:23 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

...Inufuto's newest game Cacorm...

There's seems to be a bug in this latest game from Inufuto.

If I'm down to my last guy and I finish a level, winning an extra guy, my player doesn't respond to joystick movement after that. The enemies are active, music plays -- and, of course, death ensues.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MrFish said:

There's seems to be a bug in this latest game from Inufuto.

If I'm down to my last guy and a finish a level, winning an extra guy, my player doesn't respond to joystick movement after that. The enemies are active, music plays -- and, of course, death ensues.

I haven't been able to recreate that bug using Altirra, everything acts as normal if I do what you describe. I haven't tried it on real hardware yet but I'll give it a try during the show.

If I'm able to recreate it during the show I'll post the video to his Twitter with a timestamp.

- James

On 7/5/2022 at 5:54 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I haven't been able to recreate that bug using Altirra, everything acts as normal if I do what you describe. I haven't tried it on real hardware yet but I'll give it a try during the show.

If I'm able to recreate it during the show I'll post the video to his Twitter with a timestamp.

I described the problem wrong. I was under the impression that I should be receiving an extra guy when the "UP" block appears. I found out you have to get the block after it appears to receive your extra guy. So, the actual problem was: I'd finish a level with the "UP" block appearing (encircling all stars on the level at once), when on my last guy. Then upon starting the next level, no control over my character.

I'm now having another error too, wherein my guy refuses to operate starting from level 7 -- regardless of what I've done prior to arriving there.

I noticed in your stream that you were having some other strange issues with the game. I didn't watch the whole stream, so I'm not sure exactly what was triggering your problem -- or if it was just random; but I saw the playfield graphics were jittering up and down continuously, after some point.

15 hours ago, MrFish said:

I described the problem wrong. I was under the impression that I should be receiving an extra guy when the "UP" block appears. I found out you have to get the block after it appears to receive your extra guy. So, the actual problem was: I'd finish a level with the "UP" block appearing (encircling all stars on the level at once), when on my last guy. Then upon starting the next level, no control over my character.

Ah, that makes more sense. I just tried what you described on level 2 where there's an UP available. I lost all my reserve lives and encircled all the stars. The UP appeared but the game went to the next level like normal, so unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate the bug you saw.

I'm now having another error too, wherein my guy refuses to operate starting from level 7 -- regardless of what I've done prior to arriving there.

Hmm... that's very strange. I didn't experience that either. On the show I was able to loop around back to the first level as level 11, there appears to be only ten levels.

I noticed in your stream that you were having some other strange issues with the game. I didn't watch the whole stream, so I'm not sure exactly what was triggering your problem -- or if it was just random; but I saw the playfield graphics were moving up and down continuously, after some point.

I'm able to replicate that issue consistently on both Altirra and my 800XL so I sent the developer a note on Twitter with a timestamp to the video. Hopefully they'll be able to update it!

- James

50 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Ah, that makes more sense. I just tried what you described on level 2 where there's an UP available. I lost all my reserve lives and encircled all the stars. The UP appeared but the game went to the next level like normal, so unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate the bug you saw.

Actually, I think because I hadn't noticed the bug on level 7 before, that it was just coincidental I was losing all except my last guy and getting the stranded "UP" at the end of level 6 every time. I really wasn't paying attention to which level it was happening on; I just recall being at least more than 4 levels in.

50 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Hmm... that's very strange. I didn't experience that either. On the show I was able to loop around back to the first level as level 11, there appears to be only ten levels.

Yes, I noticed you looped around in your video.

My Altirra config is nothing unusual (I also tried it with all the patches disabled too -- "H:", etc.).

I also tried downloading another copy -- which came up with an identical checksum. 

1719852216_AltirraConfig.thumb.png.ec4960b927e3bd511a810a7f47d4a43e.png

I also noticed there's a graphical glitch in the upper border, whenever you obtain the "UP" block. A chunk of border disappears directly vertical from wherever the "UP" block was positioned.

1242735780_borderglitch.thumb.png.317c605c6a0c0ed06f3d522a35753b72.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFish said:

I also noticed there's a graphical glitch in the upper border, whenever you obtain the "UP" block. A chunk of border disappears directly vertical from wherever the "UP" block was positioned.

The first time I saw that I thought it was an escape route but nothing happens when you go through it.

- James

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I'm able to replicate that issue consistently on both Altirra and my 800XL so I sent the developer a note on Twitter with a timestamp to the video. Hopefully they'll be able to update it!

Inufuto updated the file and the problem with the shaking screen is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yautja said:

Inufuto updated the file and the problem with the shaking screen is gone.

Thank you for the update! I just played it via Altirra and the shaking screen issue is gone.

Unfortunately I just played through to level 7 and experienced what @MrFish had happen to him where I couldn't move. I hadn't lost a life (or picked up one) and when level 7 started I couldn't move, even after dying multiple times I couldn't move.

I've tweeted the developer with the information.

- James

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Unfortunately I just played through to level 7 and experienced what @MrFish had happen to him where I couldn't move. I hadn't lost a life (or picked up one) and when level 7 started I couldn't move, even after dying multiple times I couldn't move.

I've tweeted the developer with the information.

Ah, good (not the bug); I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to experience the same problem.

After he takes care of that problem, maybe he can look into the minor graphical glitches. I picked up on another one. When you initially get a 3rd extra guy, the "3" is printed, but the left side of a leg (where the 2nd extra guy was formerly represented) remains. When you finish the level, it (left part of a leg) goes away and just the "3" and the full character to the left of it remain (as intended).

1012066436_cacorm-graphicglitches.thumb.png.6e293adccfafe6893f059557de1106bf.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...