IGNORED

Everdrives and the Ukraine crisis

Densetsu33

I recently ordered a mega ever drive pro from Krikzz. I did receive my order a couple of days ago. Since then I have noticed Krikzz's website says "out of stock" for all ever drives. As most of you know Krikzz is based in Ukraine. I'm just wondering what will happen considering the future production of everdrives. 

38 minutes ago, Densetsu33 said:

I recently ordered a mega ever drive pro from Krikzz. I did receive my order a couple of days ago. Since then I have noticed Krikzz's website says "out of stock" for all ever drives. As most of you know Krikzz is based in Ukraine. I'm just wondering what will happen considering the future production of everdrives. 

I checked out Krikzz's twitter account. Krikzz tweet on the 24th mentioned hearing shooting time to time and is hiding in the basement as of that tweet.

I got the information from this tweet link:

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1496965485111488518?cxt=HHwWjMC50a2LpcYpAAAA

All I have to saw is hopefully Krikzz is still alive.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can't be alone being disgusted by anyone asking about their everdrive orders or about future orders at this time am I?  That was really something that shouldn't even be asked right now.  I guess future production of everdrives are a bit more important than you know, getting wasted by russian scum trying to take more land back from their old satellite state puppet country iron curtain era.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TheDevil'sCompass said:

You're not alone Tanooki. The level of insensitivity is staggering.

AtariAge is actually one of the more agreeable places.  Other venues have casual discussions of pulling their existing orders.

I can't imagine having to hole your family up in your basement only to come out to a ruined business.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Densetsu33 said:

19 hours ago, Densetsu33 said:

I know that all male Ukrainians 18-60 have been drafted for combat. I really hope he's OK. This whole situation is scary. 

All and all Densetsu33, I think you are not alone in your reaction to what is going on in the Ukraine.   Had another ... I guess you can say friend... that wrote me on Facebook.  

Facebook friend wrote:

1612436210_ScreenShot2022-02-27at6_55_08AM.png.75d53e6ae599a6d1dbf2d1445275b281.png

No, a pretty big deal.   I think quite a few didn't realize how much so at first, but I think people are waking up.

19 hours ago, Densetsu33 said:

I know that all male Ukrainians 18-60 have been drafted for combat. I really hope he's OK. This whole situation is scary. 

368K women and children have fled Ukraine.   The men in those ages are not being allowed to leave Ukraine, so they get drafted.  While I am mostly on the side of the Ukraine in all this, that part I'm uneasy with.   But even if not conscripted into the defense, Russians are also attacking civilians in this.

And it sounds like you realize Krikzz is in the middle of all that so ...good.   Just put this hobby on hold for a bit, realize this is not a normal event by any means and just keep him in your thoughts and prayers for now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I saw Krikzz's Twitter post the other day, I hope he is doing well. Used to post at his forum a bit, and he's definitely one of the good ones. He spends a lot of his time answering questions and implementing requested features.

I know we can't get into politics, but it seems like this war won't last much longer.

• Like 1

On the bright side according to articles I have seen, it seems like Russia spread their attackers too thin/widely and have 3,000 casualties so far. They could actually lose simply due to poor tactics. And perhaps Ukraine has more well trained troops if the Ace keeps downing their war planes. A lot of Russian soldiers are being disarmed and taken prisoner too.

Hopefully he will pull thru but if you're desperate for the product right now, don't forget TerraOnion products and Gamedrives are still around. You could even still get an NES Powerpak from Retrousb even though the Everdrive had far surpassed it. So there's still some better-than-nothing solutions out there. Krikzz's products have been some of the best though and he really mastered the product line by making them for so many systems. Even if the war stopped tomorrow, getting the parts again could take quite a while because of all the necessary rebuilding.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

On the bright side according to articles I have seen, it seems like Russia spread their attackers too thin/widely and have 3,000 casualties so far. They could actually lose simply due to poor tactics. And perhaps Ukraine has more well trained troops if the Ace keeps downing their war planes. A lot of Russian soldiers are being disarmed and taken prisoner too.

Hopefully he will pull thru but if you're desperate for the product right now, don't forget TerraOnion products and Gamedrives are still around. You could even still get an NES Powerpak from Retrousb even though the Everdrive had far surpassed it. So there's still some better-than-nothing solutions out there. Krikzz's products have been some of the best though and he really mastered the product line by making them for so many systems. Even if the war stopped tomorrow, getting the parts again could take quite a while because of all the necessary rebuilding.

The resolve of the Ukrainians is very impressive. Now I'm hearing rumors of peace talks as well. Maybe they will weather the storm after all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Densetsu33 said:

The resolve of the Ukrainians is very impressive. Now I'm hearing rumors of peace talks as well. Maybe they will weather the storm after all. 

Hopefully people will find a way to support Krikzz or at least not buy Asian rip offs of his products.  Though, I don't know how to tell if a storefront is selling the real deal or not.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Hopefully people will find a way to support Krikzz or at least not buy Asian rip offs of his products.  Though, I don't know how to tell if a storefront is selling the real deal or not.

I ordered most of my ever drives from stone age gamer. They are the real deal. Just avoid Amazon. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sargon said:

We can worry about the future of Everdrives in due time. Now is not that time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah I imagine if the worst happened, TerraOnion would probably take over the flash cart market and start producing products for the Nintendo and other Sega systems. But the people in danger are more important. And emulation will always be there.

• Like 1

There is not one person in Ukraine right now reading AtariAge and thinking how horrible this thread is. The people wondering about Everdrives are not affecting anything going on over there. There are bad things happening somewhere in the world at all times. People can go about their lives without having to live in a constant state of sorrow for other people's hardships.

And speaking as a veteran who actually saw combat, nobody in the middle of that cares what you are doing unless you are somehow affecting the action taking place. I am not saying what is happening is not horrible, but people can wonder about what the effects will be without being a horrible person.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

There is not one person in Ukraine right now reading AtariAge and thinking how horrible this thread is. The people wondering about Everdrives are not affecting anything going on over there. There are bad things happening somewhere in the world at all times. People can go about their lives without having to live in a constant state of sorrow for other people's hardships.

And speaking as a veteran who actually saw combat, nobody in the middle of that cares what you are doing unless you are somehow affecting the action taking place. I am not saying what is happening is not horrible, but people can wonder about what the effects will be without being a horrible person.

Well said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1