IGNORED

Am I crazy? Controllers now only work with Atarimax!

rennervision

I could use some help understanding what is happening here.  I have four 5200 controllers that I had restored a few years ago (two of them by Best Electronics), but as of today not a single button or function seems to work with a number of different games I tried.  So I inserted my Atarimax cartridge to access a diagnostic ROM and see if any commands could be seen in that program.  Much to my surprise, the test responded to all my inputs.  So I tried starting up some games off Atarimax that I already couldn't play off their original cartridges - and they all work!  Just to make sure I haven't gone insane, I popped the original cartridges back in and they're all stuck on the opening screen with me unable to even start.  I have the four-port version of the 5200 by the way. 

Does this make sense to anyone?  ?

Edited by rennervision

Since about a week has passed I just thought I would check it again.  Exact same issue with all four controllers.  But I noticed if a game allows me to start with the fire button, it's at least playable and I can confirm the joystick and both fire buttons still work.  Start/Pause/Reset and the keypad still do not respond... unless I play the exact same game rom on the Atarimax cartridge!  :?

Edited by rennervision