IGNORED

Season 20 Round 5 - Tetris

asponge

Back by popular demand...

TetrisCartridge.png.ace32132a75750999d99c058879f64b8.pngTetrisScreenshot.png.c38a2435184847eac9a16a1fa2f2e289.png

Game Rules:

A-Type

Start on any level you would like.

Manual

Score Post Deadline: Sunday March 13 at 11:59 PM CST.

AtariAge High Score:

599,000 by agb posted on 11/10/2017

Scores as of 3/11:

mbd39         567,388
agb           505,300
fakecortex    156,979
wongojack     132,600
Frozone212     52,313
asponge        50,754

Season Standings:

Scoreboard.png.94f6be8329eb83ece108c76e78d50616.png

General HSC Season Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • Do not exploit game glitches, take advantage of 1-up loops or intentionally die in order to replay a level.
  • If "point pressing" is not specified in the game rules you should be moving forward in an attempt to complete/loop the game and not "camping" for points.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • Season points are awarded according to the following chart:
    1110848006_ScoreChart.png.e4e6c238b16cc1de0a8133d7d8dfa42d.png
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Frozone212 said:

well, at least i tried

Tetris_001.png

Are you starting on level 0? Try starting on a higher level such as 7. It still won't be that fast, and you'll be able to clear a lot of lines (I think it's 80 lines on level 7) before speed increases. Should give you a nice boost in score.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

why thank you?

If you can handle the speed at level 9 (which is still kind of slow), you can clear 100 lines before moving on to level 10. It's actually one of the better starts for high scores. Although the top players usually start at 18.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

level 18 is impossible

the only way you got that high score?

two possibilities

1: You are god's second cousin

2: Game genie

Not sure if you figured it out, but you can start at level 18 by holding A while starting at level 8.

I got my score with a level 9 start, but I have gotten similar scores on level 18. It just takes practice. It's all muscle memory.

• Like 2

I can't get any more points, nor will i do so. If the following games are picked, I will not participate

Thunder and Lightning

Adventures of Lolo series 

Fire and Ice

The Punisher

Castlevania (any game)

Adventures of Bayou Billie

Any sports game that is NOT baseball simulator 1000

regardless of what is suggested, all I ask is for a fair competition. If anyone has knowledge of the game completely or dare, I say home field advantage, I ask that they be barred from competing. If only to keep it fair for others (and myself) to catch up because let's face it, I'm on the lower rung and Feel like crap enough already. If I have to do higher difficulties to stay competitive, I might as well not play at all.

some of these game traumatized me as a child, so keep this in mind

Edited by Frozone212
Bored of playing already, starting to get pissed off

6 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

I can't get any more points, nor will i do so. If the following games are picked, I will not participate

Thunder and Lightning

The Punisher

Castlevania (any game)

Adventures of Bayou Billie

Any sports game that is NOT baseball simulator 1000

regardless of what is suggested, all i ask is for a fair competition. If anyone has knowledge of the game completely or dare, I say home field advantage, I ask that they be barred from competing. If only to keep it fair for others (and myself) to catch up because let's face it, I'm on the lower rung and Feel like crap enough already. If I have to do higher difficulties to stay competitive, I might as well not play at all.

I want those who are already good at a game to compete against me so I can have a challenge.

• Like 1