IGNORED

Will ColecoVision Flashback controllers work on a real C-V?

BIGHMW

I just bought a preowned C-V Flashback controller on eBay and I wonder if they happen to work the same or not, since doubledown seems to be MIA here, I am new to the ColecoVision scene and have almost 500 titles (thanks to CVaddict.com for most of the titles and also to CollectorVision in which I bought both of their ROM packages from this week) uploaded on my Atarimax SD cart to go alongside my 5200 I have had since 1983.

I also need to know if doubledown is still doing those modded C-V sticks or not so I can order a pair, as I like the stick extensions and also the custom colors he can do them in and the arcade-style knobs on them.

9 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I just bought a preowned C-V Flashback controller on eBay and I wonder if they happen to work the same or not, since doubledown seems to be MIA here, I am new to the ColecoVision scene and have almost 500 titles (thanks to CVaddict.com for most of the titles and also to CollectorVision in which I bought both of their ROM packages from this week) uploaded on my Atarimax SD cart to go alongside my 5200 I have had since 1983.

I also need to know if doubledown is still doing those modded C-V sticks or not so I can order a pair, as I like the stick extensions and also the custom colors he can do them in and the arcade-style knobs on them.

Both the Intellivision and Colecovision flashback controllers were PLANNED to be compatible with original consoles out of the box but it was not to be, perhaps rushing to market? Anyway, someone made adapters to make them compatible, I THINK they simply rewire the connections (I am NOT well versed in such things) and someone was selling such adapters at some point but I forget the details, I am sure someone else can chime in. Anyway real shame because they are nice replicas, had backwards compatibility been built in both flashback would have been far better. I have both Flashbacks, the Intellivision one is passable, the ColecoVision one, well it's OK but some of the emulation is spotty, for instance the game HEIST by Microvision runs about 1/2 speed making the music horrible.......

The CV ones will not work. Completely different insides. The Intellivision ones are another story. You can either buy the cable mentioned above or simply flip a couple of cables inside the controller. I have done that with one and use it with an Intellivision II console.

• 8 months later...

I would like to make some of these.  Does anyone know where I could find information of which wires would go where?  The intellivision forums had some nice illustrations showing what goes where..   I was able to create some new cords so i can use my intellivision flashback controllers with my original sears intellivision.  works great.  would love to do the same with my fb controllers.  

• Like 1