IGNORED

Is Doubledown still making custom ColecoVision controllers???

BIGHMW

If so then I am interested in getting a couple of them, with inverted-colored keypad buttons (all-black, same numeric font as stock), black fire buttons and a black extended stick with a black ball knob. My PayPal account awaits.

If not, then is there any place I can get my 4 OEM C-V controllers refurbished and fitted with non-coiled cords, the coiled cords are really a pain in the (you know what!).

Just now, Pixelboy said:

He hasn't been seen on the AtariAge forums since July 23rd 2021, as I write this.

Then how about the other option of getting my controllers worked on and fitted with non-coiled cords, like I said the coiled cords are a pain in the (you know what!).

• Confused 1

@Pixelboy I was just looking into getting all 4 of my stock ColecoVision controllers rewired with non-coiled cords as opposed to those annoying coiled ones like they have on them, that and also recondition the joystick contacts, fire buttons and the keypads on then as well.

There shouldn't be much confusion about it, all I wanted to just find out was where I can ship them to get them all done.

Not sure the exact method for uncoiling the original cables, but likely easier to just buy some extension cables and either plug the CV controllers into those or use those extensions to replace the original cables in the controllers. The rest for refurb is a matter of using a fiberglass pen and some fresh solder along with some liberal contact cleaner into the fire button switches.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

There shouldn't be much confusion about it, all I wanted to just find out was where I can ship them to get them all done.

Three lengthy videos, Controllapalooza 2022, were recently made available on Youtube that cover cleaning and repairing the CV controller. It's not complicated at all, just takes a little time and effort. I do recall someone discussing here on AtariAge how they went about straightening the coiled cable and hopefully someone saved that information and can post it here. However, purchasing a DB9 controller extension cable would be much easier and that would keep the coiled cable original.

8 Bit Milli - YouTube

3 hours ago, NIAD said:

Three lengthy videos, Controllapalooza 2022, were recently made available on Youtube that cover cleaning and repairing the CV controller. It's not complicated at all, just takes a little time and effort. I do recall someone discussing here on AtariAge how they went about straightening the coiled cable and hopefully someone saved that information and can post it here. However, purchasing a DB9 controller extension cable would be much easier and that would keep the coiled cable original.

8 Bit Milli - YouTube

Thanks, I already have 2 DB9 extension cords already, so, in a way, problem solved

• Like 1

8 Bit Milli - YouTube
I straightened my cables with a heat gun and a lot of patience. They aren't perfect, but they are straight enough.

Another option is to buy a straight cable and replace the entire coiled cable. I know someone was selling the straight cables at one time and they probably still are.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1