IGNORED

Colecovision Super Famicom NTT Data Controller

Sonaru

18 minutes ago, Sonaru said:

Where can I purchase or find someone that can build a NTT keypad controller for the colecovision? I like how all keys are available making this a perfect replacement for the colecovision controller. 

i dont think anybody will build those for the colecovision since they work on the phoenix... and now they sell for high$$ ... there was someone who have done a direct fit pcb for them but didnt see him for a while ...

• Like 1

I think the OP was asking about the Super Famicom NTT Data controller on the ColecoVision.

AA user @atariguy1021 was the mastermind who made these incredible PCBs you can swap-in to an NTT Data controller. Haven’t seen him around much lately, but he used to sell stuff on eBay. I have one for the SFC NTT Data controller, and one for the original Famicom. They are incredible!

• Thanks 1

Do you know of anyone that might have a controller they would be willing to sell? I think it would be awesome if someone made new controllers that are replicas of the original NTT keypad controller for the colecovision. NES controllers and Genesis controllers for the Coleco are nice but nothing beats having both a D-Pad and all 10 keys on the same controller. It's really top shelf in my opinion. 

Just realized that a Atari Jaguar 3 button controller would accomplish the same task because it has a D-Pad and the 10 keys. It's also much cheaper to buy and modify one of those Jaguar controllers than the rare and expensive super famicom NTT keypad controller. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sonaru said:

Just realized that a Atari Jaguar 3 button controller would accomplish the same task because it has a D-Pad and the 10 keys. It's also much cheaper to buy and modify one of those Jaguar controllers than the rare and expensive super famicom NTT keypad controller. 

One question, how to make or buy?

23 minutes ago, thegamezmaster said:

One question, how to make or buy?

you could ask grisp03 if he is willing to share his gerber file for the mini pcb... but belive  me its a painfull work to build one of these controller... the direct fit pcb was a great solution but the guy just vanished from here... i saw someone a couple of years who was working on an arduino to read the jag controller to output for the cv... you could do the same with the snes .. code is aviable for the arduino... so clock 32bit data from the ntt data and output to cv via optocoupler...  this way you wont dedtroy the controller and if you ever buy a phoenix you will be able to use it on both console

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chart45 said:

you could ask grisp03 if he is willing to share his gerber file for the mini pcb... but belive  me its a painfull work to build one of these controller... the direct fit pcb was a great solution but the guy just vanished from here... i saw someone a couple of years who was working on an arduino to read the jag controller to output for the cv... you could do the same with the snes .. code is aviable for the arduino... so clock 32bit data from the ntt data and output to cv via optocoupler...  this way you wont dedtroy the controller and if you ever buy a phoenix you will be able to use it on both console

Thank you for the info! Wonder if anyone or place sells them.

• Like 1