IGNORED

Domating an Atari 2600 to a School

The title says it all and I have a Console and 25 games 2 sets of paddles and 2 joysticks.

I also am giving them a sealed copy of SpiceWare's Mideveil Mayhem. I want children to learn the origins of gaming and how great these old games are. I done this once before at a different school and it was well received but this time I would like to take it further. I was in hopes I could get a group of people interested in making a game that uses different controllers threw out a full adventure. Something like Sword Quest where it is an adventure that leads to rooms and each room has a mini game that uses different controllers from joystick to paddle and even the driving controller. This would give an opportunity for children to have a chance at each controller type with out having to swap games. I also think this would be a great way to fulfill the dreams people have of a finished complete version of Sword Quest Water world. Sword quest series had amazing ambition the comic book with hidden clues for in game happenings is a great way for children to learn in the classroom and respect playing a game with a lack of instructions. Modern games are so linear and tell you every moment what to do and where to go. Sword Quest was always about your own exploration. As good as adventure was Sword Quest had far more ambition even though most of its mini games were lack luster some of them had HUGE potential and other were SPOT ON! In modern times everything about the game could be SPOT ON!

I doubt there will be any takers as people who make games have their own idea but I would love to see a group of people band together and make this happen. It would fill the missing gap of driving controllers having only 1 game. It would fill the gap of Sword quest having its fall out and uncompleted waterworld. It would fill the gap for children to understand there is more to gaming then just graphics and I have shown many younger people these old games many like them but many more claim the graphics are too hard to look at. I really want to change this outlook as well as bring critical thinking back into the school environment rather then instant gratification. My goal would be to bring FUN & EDUCATION together. Which gives a idea of the foundation of map reading because a game like this could use a map but not in game but rather printed.

Sorry I have no programming skills but I got the ideas.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:08 AM, overgrouth said:

The title says it all and I have a Console and 25 games 2 sets of paddles and 2 joysticks.

I also am giving them a sealed copy of SpiceWare's Mideveil Mayhem. I want children to learn the origins of gaming and how great these old games are. I done this once before at a different school and it was well received but this time I would like to take it further. I was in hopes I could get a group of people interested in making a game that uses different controllers threw out a full adventure. Something like Sword Quest where it is an adventure that leads to rooms and each room has a mini game that uses different controllers from joystick to paddle and even the driving controller. This would give an opportunity for children to have a chance at each controller type with out having to swap games. I also think this would be a great way to fulfill the dreams people have of a finished complete version of Sword Quest Water world. Sword quest series had amazing ambition the comic book with hidden clues for in game happenings is a great way for children to learn in the classroom and respect playing a game with a lack of instructions. Modern games are so linear and tell you every moment what to do and where to go. Sword Quest was always about your own exploration. As good as adventure was Sword Quest had far more ambition even though most of its mini games were lack luster some of them had HUGE potential and other were SPOT ON! In modern times everything about the game could be SPOT ON!

I doubt there will be any takers as people who make games have their own idea but I would love to see a group of people band together and make this happen. It would fill the missing gap of driving controllers having only 1 game. It would fill the gap of Sword quest having its fall out and uncompleted waterworld. It would fill the gap for children to understand there is more to gaming then just graphics and I have shown many younger people these old games many like them but many more claim the graphics are too hard to look at. I really want to change this outlook as well as bring critical thinking back into the school environment rather then instant gratification. My goal would be to bring FUN & EDUCATION together. Which gives a idea of the foundation of map reading because a game like this could use a map but not in game but rather printed.

Sorry I have no programming skills but I got the ideas.

I think you might want the Atari 2600 section of the forums, this is for the new Atari VCS mini-PC.

Try here:   https://atariage.com/forums/forum/50-atari-2600-programming/