IGNORED

How can this guy resell copyrighted materials as well as homebrews he does not have the rights to?

MMarcoux66

How the hell is this guy selling memberships and including COPYRIGHTED games as part of his club as well as other homebrews that he would not have the rights to. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past that he was doing the right thing, but this is really BAD!

Retro Gamers Club - Information (8bitmilligames.com)

What can I say about this guy that I haven’t already said? Clearly he’s in this for the quick cash grab. Just like Cardillo. It’s not about “quality” and it’s not about “community” it’s about scamming people for as much money as he possibly can as quickly as he can. 

His games are mediocre and his attitude sucks. 

I honestly do not understand why anyone supports and defends this guy.  He's literally the definition of a fraud and I would absolutely suggest that any homebrewers that have their games included in his club library should file a DMCA takedown on his page.  

Stay far away from him, his "club" and any of his games.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bomberman93 said:

This club is really weird.

And you pay for being a beta-tester!!

You pay to be a beta-tester? Geez!!! I've beta-tested many games from Pixelboy and didn't have to pay and was always rewarded with a new, in-box, copy of the game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

No missunderstand: you don't pay extra for beta-tester. It's a benefit due to the membershipment you pay for.

All members will be part of the exclusive beta testers group and have access to games months before they are finished and be able to offer game ideas and input through our private Discord server.

• Haha 3

You also have the "TPR clause"

Non-Disparagement (ie If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all)
Sadly we live in a world where people feel they can say anything they want on social media and believe there are no consequences when they are called out. Because of this: You agree not to disparage or denigrate the Retro Gamers Club orally or in writing, and that neither you nor anyone acting on your behalf will publish, post, or otherwise release any material in written or electronic format, make speeches, gain interviews, post reviews, or make public statements that mentioned the Retro Gamers Club, its operations, clients, employees, products, or services without the prior written consent of the Retro Gamers Club and / or 8 Bit Milli Games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bomberman93 said:

This club is really weird.

And you pay for being a beta-tester!!

There is an Info page which lists everything that is included. As with all these type of Clubs, it’s always best to thoroughly read through what is offered and included and then make a decision from there. If people decide to join, they are paying for the membership and automatically becoming a beta-tester is one of the benefits of membership. So if 100 people join the Club, that will be a potential 100 beta-testers compared to the normal handful that is usually the case for Homebrew games. That doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me.

From the INFO page of the Club:

All members will be part of the exclusive beta testers group and have access to games months before they are finished and be able to offer game ideas and input through our private Discord server.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NIAD said:

There is an Info page which lists everything that is included. As with all these type of Clubs, it’s always best to thoroughly read through what is offered and included and then make a decision from there. If people decide to join, they are paying for the membership and automatically becoming a beta-tester is one of the benefits of membership. So if 100 people join the Club, that will be a potential 100 beta-testers compared to the normal handful that is usually the case for Homebrew games. That doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me.

From the INFO page of the Club:

Milli just messaged me and he changed the wording on his site. Last night the site was worded a differently and had all the games I was questioning him selling. This morning, the games are no longer showing up and he has a disclaimer asking anyone who is not comfortable with him having their game up there, let him know and he will remove them. 

i would have been curious to see the list.     Now, we can see that mention MMarcoux66.

But speaking about "COPYRIGHTED" games... He is not the only one....   the notion of copyright seems to be at variable geometry in homebrew world. ?

milli.PNG

9 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

How the hell is this guy selling memberships and including COPYRIGHTED games as part of his club as well as other homebrews that he would not have the rights to. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past that he was doing the right thing, but this is really BAD!

Retro Gamers Club - Information (8bitmilligames.com)

The only games/rom images that I saw in the list are games that have been released freely to the community over the years by their developers or distributors here on AtariAge and are available on numerous other ColecoVision websites to download as well. If you are talking about Legacy rom images of games that were released in the 80s, well then, that is a ship that has sailed years ago throughout the Internet and even here on AtariAge (ie: the Clean Rom Dump project).

If there are any rom images listed that should not be available to download, you should list them here so that the appropriate people can learn of this and the Club can be informed to remove them.

3 minutes ago, NIAD said:

The only games/rom images that I saw in the list are games that have been released freely to the community over the years by their developers or distributors here on AtariAge and are available on numerous other ColecoVision websites to download as well. If you are talking about Legacy rom images of games that were released in the 80s, well then, that is a ship that has sailed years ago throughout the Internet and even here on AtariAge (ie: the Clean Rom Dump project).

If there are any rom images listed that should not be available to download, you should list them here so that the appropriate people can learn of this and the Club can be informed to remove them.

@NIAD, he made changes to the site as I mentioned so it looks different today. @TPR Perhaps we should close this thread since he made the changes and if anyone sees/hears that one of their games are out there...  just reach out to Milli?

3 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

Does someone have the list handy, to post here?

Edit: The fact that the list is hidden makes it difficult to determine if your game is on the list or not... .

I did not take a screenshot before they went hidden...  I know that J-F saw it last night and mentioned that some of his games were on it.

14 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Milli just messaged me and he changed the wording on his site. Last night the site was worded a differently and had all the games I was questioning him selling. This morning, the games are no longer showing up and he has a disclaimer asking anyone who is not comfortable with him having their game up there, let him know and he will remove them. 

I haven’t read thru the entirety of the latest version of the Info page, but what I did just know looks identical to what was originally posted. The list of available rom images to download looked “clean” to me, but it’s always a good thing to “police” matters such as this so as not to have an issue develop in the community.

As far as the game list being removed, that’s probably a good thing for now seeing how some seem to be reacting so far and the rom images are ALL legitimately available on numerous other sites on the Web to be downloaded freely.

19 minutes ago, youki said:

i would have been curious to see the list.     Now, we can see that mention MMarcoux66.

But speaking about "COPYRIGHTED" games... He is not the only one....   the notion of copyright seems to be at variable geometry in homebrew world. ?

milli.PNG

Rest assured Youki, none of your games were in the List and only game rom images that were released by their developers / homebrewers.

Now if someone like Team Pixelboy didn’t want his released to the community for free rom images available on the the Club site, they just have to contact the Club and request that they be removed. It’s a moot point now seeing as they seem to have all been removed so as not to create any undue conflict.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

@NIAD, he made changes to the site as I mentioned so it looks different today. @TPR Perhaps we should close this thread since he made the changes and if anyone sees/hears that one of their games are out there...  just reach out to Milli?

I don’t see any reason to close the thread as we are having an open and civil discussion about things.

if the need arose to lock this thread then it should really be completely deleted from AtariAge.

4 minutes ago, NIAD said:

I don’t see any reason to close the thread as we are having an open and civil discussion about things.

if the need arose to lock this thread then it should really be completely deleted from AtariAge.

No problem and it is civil :). I will add that all my dealing with Milli have been good.

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

I did not take a screenshot before they went hidden...  I know that J-F saw it last night and mentioned that some of his games were on it.

As far as CollectorVision releases, the only one I saw was A.E. by Coleco which is an unreleased Coleco game that I acquired from a former employee and gave freely to CollectorVision to make a CIB run about 8 years ago. After they sold out, I requested that the rom image be released for free for everyone to enjoy… which it was.

There were Demo versions of games that the programmer released freely here on AtariAge that later CollectorVision made a CIB run off after the game was completed. One such example is Plants vs Zombies by Chris D. He posted a demo a couple years ago and then last year CollectorVision released the finished games as a CIB.

38 minutes ago, NIAD said:

The only games/rom images that I saw in the list are games that have been released freely to the community over the years.

It’s one thing for those ROMs to have been posted for free on AtariAge or CVAddict, but he’s taken those ROMs and now put them behind a paywall and is using other peoples work as a marketing item for people to join his club. 

That’s wrong. 

You don’t see ROMs that CollectorVision didn’t publish in their club ROM vault.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NIAD said:

As far as CollectorVision releases, the only one I saw was A.E. by Coleco which is an unreleased Coleco game that I acquired from a former employee and gave freely to CollectorVision to make a CIB run about 8 years ago. After they sold out, I requested that the rom image be released for free for everyone to enjoy… which it was.

There were Demo versions of games that the programmer released freely here on AtariAge that later CollectorVision made a CIB run off after the game was completed. One such example is Plants vs Zombies by Chris D. He posted a demo a couple years ago and then last year CollectorVision released the finished games as a CIB.

The easiest way to remedy this is if Milli can post the list. That way all the authors can have their wishes honored. He has said that he would remove games if asked and I believe the he would.

2 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

The easiest way to remedy this is if Milli can post the list. That way all the authors can have their wishes honored. He has said that he would remove games if asked and I believe the he would.

The games shouldn’t be there in the first place. He shouldn’t be using that as a selling point for his club. He already has a repository of ROMs on his website, so there is no need to even have that as a “feature” to spend money joining his club. 

It’s just one more clear example of how this guy is using this community as a cash grab. 

44 minutes ago, TPR said:

It’s one thing for those ROMs to have been posted for free on AtariAge or CVAddict, but he’s taken those ROMs and now put them behind a paywall and is using other peoples work as a marketing item for people to join his club. 

That’s wrong. 

You don’t see ROMs that CollectorVision didn’t publish in their club ROM vault.

No where on the INFO page that describes what is included in the Club Membership does it state that “other” rom images are available to download if you join. It seems hard to use the fact that “other” rom images are available to download for members if you don’t advertise it.

EDIT: on the specific game system page, it’s stated that a large collection of free roms are available to download that are available on the Internet (ie: numerous websites) and made available as a convenience. So if you join and want to download any of them, do so, or visit numerous other websites if you want to download them…. links are provided to other great sites like CVAddict.com on the Links page.

So if one does decide to join, all freely available rom images are available to download on the appropriate system web page just like we can all download from numerous ColecoVision and ADAM websites. Seems like a nothing-burger to me, but I can respect your opinion even though I don’t agree with it.

Edited by NIAD

43 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

The easiest way to remedy this is if Milli can remove all the ROMs that don't belong to him, and then he can ask each owner individually, if they will allow him to host their ROMs on his site.

That sounds more than reasonable, but I have to ask for rom images that have been freely released (ie: Team Pixelboy News Bulletins every Christmas Day), does permission have to be asked to host them when Luc has already made them freely available for all to download and enjoy.

Also, seeing as Luc has returned or given the rights to numerous games to CollectorVision, Opcode Games and AtariAge, is it being said by some that those rom images are no longer free to be shared by all?

• Like 1