IGNORED

How can this guy resell copyrighted materials as well as homebrews he does not have the rights to?

MMarcoux66

22 minutes ago, Tarzilla said:

Not to mention the game name many people would see as racist

Joe the Eskimo

Guide Joe and his pet seal through the frozen world in search of food and treasure. Defend yourself and try not to freeze to death. Can you deal with the cold?

Joe the Eskimo is a massive side scrolling platformer with over 64 levels.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2016/04/24/475129558/why-you-probably-shouldnt-say-eskimo

I know many people personally thru work that would be offended.

Is Frostbite now a racist game too?
From the manual -

LIFE AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD

The Arctic probably ranks as the area least chosen by homebuyers, and 
most of us know little, if anything, about this amazing land.  Yet, 
the Arctic has been home to some of the happiest and healthiest 
members of humankind for thousands of years--the Eskimos!

Traditional Eskimos believe that nature's gift belong to everyone.  
There is no private property except for tools and clothes.  
Everything else is shared--not only with community members, but with 
any stranger that travels by!

It is only while traveling that Eskimos live in their famous snow 
houses.  All houses are called "igloos" whether they are made of 
wood, fur, mud, or snow.  The snow variety can be built in about one 
hour.  Here's how:

A knife with a long, wife blade is used to cut snow into blocks 
measuring 36" x 18" x 6".  These are piled in a continuous spiral.

The entrance is a tunnel under the snow or, when the ground is 
frozen, a long hall, above-ground.  This keeps out the cold wind, and 
keeps the warm air inside.  A hole is made in the roof for 
ventilation.

https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=199

22 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

His original Facebook post had the email header with the sender's address, not sure if it's still up.

Edit: my bad, he only showed the subject and his address, not the sender.  He did post the guys purported name.

And that's the problem, it's easy to either copy headers from a previous email and doctor them so that most people couldn't tell unless they knew what to look for.

I would hate to think this is a reverse smear attempt, a way to get rid of your rival. Would be easy to do.  Plus, the person he accused has the game.  Why would they 'crack' the demo?
I hope that's not the case, and I bet Milli is probably a nice person but I noticed he isn't good a reading the room/EQ. And the internet can make it much worse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, evg2000 said:

Seems like he is stopping the club and selling off his inventory at a discount. I think he said he gives up and is quitting on colecovision stuff.  This is based on FB comments

4 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

So I'm just getting caught up on a lot of stuff after being gone most of the day...

First of all, based on everything I've seen, Milli is, without directly saying it, pointing the finger at me for both A) hacking and distributing his game, and B) his leaving of the ColecoVision community.

Let me say that both of these "implied accusations" really piss me off.  My background in the video games business is in project management, not programming.  I wouldn't know the first thing about hacking a game and if I were to distribute anyone's ROMs I could have done that a long time ago.  So that really upsets me that he would be trying to make it look like I was responsible for that. 

As for everything else he's creating drama about, aside from the crazy climber stuff that was the catalyst for this whole mess, which once again I just want to remind everyone that **HE ASKED FOR FEEDBACK ON HIS GAME** and I posted my comments. Since then, I haven’t even engaged with him directly. Yes, I did two video reviews for two of his games. And that was it. I wasn’t the only person to put out a negative review of his games either. But because I run the ColecoVision Lunatics group, because I am a moderator here on AtariAge, and because my social media outlets have a large following, he has chosen me to be his scapegoat.

He constructed a narrative that made me look like the bully and him look like the victim. But the reality is, he just made a bunch of, in my opinion, really mediocre games as a cash grab taking advantage of the ColecoVision community and now he's trying to get sympathy on top of it. And he couldn’t take personal responsibility for the fact that not everyone was going to like his games, and yes, I posted my honest opinions.  There was no bullying, there was no agenda, just my opinion. 

Everything since the crazy climber drama has been this insane one-sided fight that he has dragged out for months blaming me for his failures or shortcomings only because I had a valid opinion on something that he publicly released. I have even removed and closed topics on both my Facebook groups and the AtariAge forums, which I have consulted with @Albert on before doing so, as we both agreed we wanted to keep the drama out of the forums, out of the group, and focused on games.  And even after being banned from AtariAge, Milli just recently attempted to register for the AtariAge group for the sole purpose of spamming his website and his club.  He also sent me a personal message, and then almost immediately unsent it, which is the message he is posting around everywhere trying to say how he reached out to me, which technically he did, but then two hours later that message was gone. 

2101375591_MilliMessageunsent.png.6dba41b2159a82b16061dab194327758.png

I simply do not have time for his drama, and if he feels the best decision for him is to leave the ColecoVision community, that has nothing to do with me, no matter how much he is trying to blame me for it. I have said this before, and I don't really care if you disagree with my opinions, but that guy is not in this for the "community", he's not in it for "quality", he's only here for the quick cash grab he thinks he can make.  Personally, I think more people are starting to see that, and the fact that he's been kicked out of my groups, the CollectorVision group, AtariAge, and it would appear he's ruffled some feathers in the Coleco ADAM group as well, the problem here is not me as there is a behavior pattern in several different places. 

Had he released his games at $10 a ROM, or even did 4 ROMs on a cart for $25 you wouldn't see my reviews of his games or his club be as harsh.  Because that is what I feel the quality of his games are worth.  And that is my opinion.  But since he's continuing to sell his games at $59 and asking subscriptions to his club selling other people's game for $125, that just tells me he's here to make as much money as he can off the minimum quality he can produce.

Sorry not sorry, those are my honest thoughts. 

Now if you would excuse me, I have a lot better things to do in my life than discuss Milli.  Thank you. 

• Like 6

I think a lesson here (among many) is never overreact to a negative review.  There's nothing constructive to be had and made his relationship with the reviewer and community sour.

I did find the last review felt intentionally negative and tried to reinforce the negative points.  But, by that point the developer had used up all his mutual respect points. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

I did find the last review felt intentionally negative and tried to reinforce the negative points.  But, by that point the developer had used up all his mutual respect points. 

To be fair, I listened to the feedback (something Milli is incapable of doing) on my review and I went back and updated it giving just my bullet point thoughts on the game and including a 14 minute clip of gameplay where I actually do make a more honest effort to really "play the game" as it was intended.  You can see that post here:

https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan/posts/2070971699729275

2101253384_ScreenShot2022-03-04at6_18_21PM.thumb.png.c7648d78b619644537e4938bea193618.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TPR said:

To be fair, I listened to the feedback on my review and I went back and updated it giving just my bullet point thoughts on the game.  You can see that post here:

Yeah.  You had valid points from beginning to end - which I myself (in my own games) am trying to take to heart.

Comparing negative reviews I've had you sounded polite but angry.  Now I see why.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, TPR said:

So I'm just getting caught up on a lot of stuff after being gone most of the day...

First of all, based on everything I've seen, Milli is, without directly saying it, pointing the finger at me for both A) hacking and distributing his game, and B) his leaving of the ColecoVision community.

Let me say that both of these "implied accusations" really piss me off.  My background in the video games business is in project management, not programming.  I wouldn't know the first thing about hacking a game and if I were to distribute anyone's ROMs I could have done that a long time ago.  So that really upsets me that he would be trying to make it look like I was responsible for that. 

As for everything else he's creating drama about, aside from the crazy climber stuff that was the catalyst for this whole mess, which once again I just want to remind everyone that **HE ASKED FOR FEEDBACK ON HIS GAME** and I posted my comments. Since then, I haven’t even engaged with him directly. Yes, I did two video reviews for two of his games. And that was it. I wasn’t the only person to put out a negative review of his games either. But because I run the ColecoVision Lunatics group, because I am a moderator here on AtariAge, and because my social media outlets have a large following, he has chosen me to be his scapegoat.

He constructed a narrative that made me look like the bully and him look like the victim. But the reality is, he just made a bunch of, in my opinion, really mediocre games as a cash grab taking advantage of the ColecoVision community and now he's trying to get sympathy on top of it. And he couldn’t take personal responsibility for the fact that not everyone was going to like his games, and yes, I posted my honest opinions.  There was no bullying, there was no agenda, just my opinion. 

Everything since the crazy climber drama has been this insane one-sided fight that he has dragged out for months blaming me for his failures or shortcomings only because I had a valid opinion on something that he publicly released. I have even removed and closed topics on both my Facebook groups and the AtariAge forums, which I have consulted with @Albert on before doing so, as we both agreed we wanted to keep the drama out of the forums, out of the group, and focused on games.  And even after being banned from AtariAge, Milli just recently attempted to register for the AtariAge group for the sole purpose of spamming his website and his club.  He also sent me a personal message, and then almost immediately unsent it, which is the message he is posting around everywhere trying to say how he reached out to me, which technically he did, but then two hours later that message was gone. 

2101375591_MilliMessageunsent.png.6dba41b2159a82b16061dab194327758.png

I simply do not have time for his drama, and if he feels the best decision for him is to leave the ColecoVision community, that has nothing to do with me, no matter how much he is trying to blame me for it. I have said this before, and I don't really care if you disagree with my opinions, but that guy is not in this for the "community", he's not in it for "quality", he's only here for the quick cash grab he thinks he can make.  Personally, I think more people are starting to see that, and the fact that he's been kicked out of my groups, the CollectorVision group, AtariAge, and it would appear he's ruffled some feathers in the Coleco ADAM group as well, the problem here is not me as there is a behavior pattern in several different places. 

Had he released his games at $10 a ROM, or even did 4 ROMs on a cart for $25 you wouldn't see my reviews of his games or his club be as harsh.  Because that is what I feel the quality of his games are worth.  And that is my opinion.  But since he's continuing to sell his games at $59 and asking subscriptions to his club selling other people's game for $125, that just tells me he's here to make as much money as he can off the minimum quality he can produce.

Sorry not sorry, those are my honest thoughts. 

Now if you would excuse me, I have a lot better things to do in my life than discuss Milli.  Thank you. 

Thanks for posting this. What aggravates me about Milli is he pretends to be a good guy that wants feedback but whenever he gets feedback he doesn't like he whines about it like a child and then shortly after deletes the whole post! How about as a business owner you take some constructive criticism which is meant to help you and provide a thoughtful response. This has happened to me at least 5 times when trying genuinely to help the guy with some advice and perspective. I am starting to wonder if he is a narcissist or mentally ill. For example, here is what I posted on the Coleco ADAM Facebook group when he posted something like "wah, poor me, someone hacked my rom and sent me this message". Here was my response:

"You can't honestly be surprised at that Milli. I have tried to give you advice but you keep allowing yourself to get baited by "the entity" (as you call him or her - your word, not mine) and you are doing some questionable things that are alienating you from some of the most important people in the community. For instance adding other people's intellectual property - their games - into the roms that you have made available as an entitlement to your club. This is just wrong. The only roms you should make available in a club are your own. And then you are using Nintendo IP and a gold cartridge to lure people to your club without telling them what they are getting? Come on. This is all inappropriate and while the silent majority may not be speaking up, there are a LOT of people who you have really angered by doing all of this. You are doing the exact opposite of what these communities are about. While I don't doubt at all your passion and your value to the community with the other things you do, you need to seriously re-evaluate some of the recent things that you are doing. You have been blocked by some major websites and groups which is something that never really happens. You need to ask yourself why that is. It should not be a surprise at this point. And you posting stuff here looking for sympathy is just creating drama that most of us do not appreciate in this group or other groups. Deal with your issues privately. You don't need to make them public because the vast majority of us don't enjoy the negativity and noise. Now that may not justify what someone claimed they did to what might be your IP but you must understand that people are extremely upset and angry with you. If someone has done this, you might want to think about it because it may well be one of the people who you effectively did the same thing to by making THEIR games in rom format part of your "club".

Please realize that my comments are coming from a good place. I am trying to be helpful. I am just stating my opinion based on what I am seeing and hearing. I do not have any malice towards you or any ill intentions. Just responding to what I feel are the facts."

(shortly after this he posted something like "well it all doesn't matter anymore and pretty soon you will see why" and then he deleted the post like he always does).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Whomever is sending Milli emails like this need to stop. If you don't like his games, just don't buy them but this I cannot agree with.

"Thank you for the rom. It is now hacked to be full version for which will be spread around the internet because we all hate you."

3 hours ago, Albert said:

I agree that it was uncool for Milli to post various ROMs from other homebrew authors/publishers behind a paywall, regardless of whether these games have been distributed for free elsewhere.  The right thing to do would have been to contact these authors/publishers individually and ask if it was okay to use these ROMs as an incentive for people purchasing his club membership, as someone suggested above.

However,

Agreed, whoever did this should be shunned, and if I ever discover this was someone on the AtariAge Forum, I would ban that individual immediately. If you don't like what Milli is doing, fine, don't buy his games. But hacking his game to remove demo restrictions and then spreading that binary around is a major dick move.

..Al

It seems pretty obvious to me who the person is that sent Milli that message about hacking the demo into the full version and spreading it around the Internet. It's actually quite hysterical because that person actual has a CIB of Arkadion.

I know you Milli fans won't want to hear this, but...oh, yes god...please let Milli be gone!!!

I agree 100% with everything TPR has said about him. In fact even before he stated anything about his "money grab" scheme, me and a friend of mine had a discussion on that very topic.

He's been nothing but divisive and has a knack for pissing people off, but as usual, there are a handful of people who have drunk his Kool-Aid. If he is truly gone...good! I won't miss him. He's pissed me off multiple times and I'm tired of his arrogant know-it-all attitude.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NIAD said:

It seems pretty obvious to me who the person is that sent Milli that message about hacking the demo into the full version and spreading it around the Internet. It's actually quite hysterical because that person actual has a CIB of Arkadion.

Yeah, in the messages Milli sent to me today...  There were several offensive emails from this same person and he named him I believe on his FB. This person is not TPR. One email actually attacked his wife which again no one will condone on this forum. I choose to take the man at his word that he is getting these emails. At this point he has nothing to lose as he has exited the CV game homebrew business. If you don't believe him, that is fine. I choose to.

The reason I posted about the ROMs is that I thought it was completely wrong for him doing that. I am very sad if some people used that to pirate his games and attack his wife. That was NEVER my intent. I just wanted him to remove those ROMs and have his club stand on the merit of his games. The quality of his product then could speak for itself.

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Well if you are implying it is TPR, I would have to say you are flat wrong.  Say what you want but he wouldn't do that to someone regardless of his feelings for them.  He has stated on here and other places he does not condone that type of shit towards anyone, as none of us should.

He may seem harsh or brash to some but to be fair, he is honest in his assessments and I respect that.  Pretty sad that you want to keep perpetuating the hate flame, but hey to each their own.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NIAD said:

So then a disclaimer should be included with all rom images, whether they are demos or complete versions, that are posted by their developer/Homebrewer and honestly I have only seen a handful that have actually done this.

Mine does...

As such, please do not redistribute this ROM, please do not burn it to carts. 

It's not finished yet. But please feel free to share links and keep it for 
yourself, and I hope you like it!

I've still had to ask a few sites to take them down. Hell, someone went to the trouble of renaming and tagging them for those big ROM sets. Nobody ever reads the text to see if it's okay. Besides, copyright works the other way in the US - you should assume that you do not have permission unless explicitly told that you do. I recognize that's inconvenient in retro communities, but seriously, including the disclaimer does nothing. ;)

I don't know if my ROMs were up there or not... (edit: yep, they were. Every version of them, even. Thanks for the list! Guess it's moot now, unless he changes his mind and stays.)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, lawdawg710 said:

Well if you are implying it is TPR, I would have to say you are flat wrong.  Say what you want but he wouldn't do that to someone regardless of his feelings for them.  He has stated on here and other places he does not condone that type of shit towards anyone, as none of us should.

He may seem harsh or brash to some but to be fair, he is honest in his assessments and I respect that.  Pretty sad that you want to keep perpetuating the hate flame, but hey to each their own.  

Thank you for the support. And even in this latest round of drama today, I have gotten countless amount of emails, messages, and PM's via several different outlets with people sending me stuff that is being posted in other groups all blaming ME for this outburst and none of this was even started by me!

Have any of these people stopped to think that maybe... JUST MAYBE... I am not alone in my thinking and opinions?  it's completely unfair to me.  Milli HAS to be able to take responsibility for his own actions and not keep trying to point the finger at me. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, TPR said:

To be fair, I listened to the feedback (something Milli is incapable of doing) on my review and I went back and updated it giving just my bullet point thoughts on the game and including a 14 minute clip of gameplay where I actually do make a more honest effort to really "play the game" as it was intended.  You can see that post here:

And herein lies the problem and why a lot of people in the community have an issue with you on here and in some Facebook Groups... you have just openly admitted that you did not make an honest effort to really play the game as it was intended in your first review. The damage was done!

You keep pointing the finger at Milli, but ever since you have become a Moderator here on AtariAge and taken over the ColecoVision Lunatics FB Group, these type of threads have become the NEW NORM in the CV Community.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, lawdawg710 said:

If I had concrete evidence that TPR was involved, I would have no problem whatsoever posting on here that TPR was involved. As it stands, it's completely up to Milli if he wants to divulge the person's name.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NIAD said:

And herein lies the problem and why a lot of people in the community have an issue with you on here and in some Facebook Groups... you have just openly admitted that you did not make an honest effort to really play the game as it was intended in your first review. The damage was done!

I absolutely did make an honest effort to play the game in the first review.  And I felt that it was better to stay in one place and let the enemies come to you.  Hence my rubber band on the controller.  That review was just more "harsh" than my second one. So maybe my choice of words I just used there was incorrect.  But people had told me "you weren't really playing the game, you were just standing on one place" so fine, i took that feedback and criticism to heart, and the second time I played the game more, but the outcome of my thoughts from both videos still remains the same. 

I actually managed to get more points and get farther in the game using the rubber band. ?‍♂️

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, NIAD said:

You keep pointing the finger at Milli, but ever since you have become a Moderator here on AtariAge and taken over the ColecoVision Lunatics FB Group, these type of threads have become the NEW NORM in the CV Community.

Absolutely not true. Maybe in other groups there is drama, but you will not find any drama like this on ColecoVision Lunatics and for the past year and a half I have been trying to REMOVE posts and topics from AtariAge that devolve into drama because neither @Albert or myself want that. 

Here you are pointing the finger and me, yet this topic wasn’t even started by me. 

How exactly is that fair? ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NIAD said:

If I had concrete evidence that TPR was involved, I would have no problem whatsoever posting on here that TPR was involved. As it stands, it's completely up to Milli if he wants to divulge the person's name.

Here is one of the problems, he didn't say who it was, but said enough for people to believe it was him. 
I have found that Milli may stretch the truth at times.
Today he posted on FB that someone (once again not naming names) sent a very rude message to his wife after his wife 'basically' asked this person to leave her f****** husband alone, and nothing more. Since he used basically, I felt that there might be more to the story.  When I asked what she really said he posted a picture of his wife's email, message she sent :"YOU'RE A PIECE OF F****** S***." So slightly different than how he originally made it sound.
So that does show that you can't take everything at face value.
I'm not saying who is right or wrong (since I don't know), but there are always two sides to the story. So unless you know the absolute truth on both sides, be careful with throwing stones.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tursi said:
30 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Mine does...

I've still had to ask a few sites to take them down. Hell, someone went to the trouble of renaming and tagging them for those big ROM sets. Nobody ever reads the text to see if it's okay. Besides, copyright works the other way in the US - you should assume that you do not have permission unless explicitly told that you do. I recognize that's inconvenient in retro communities, but seriously, including the disclaimer does nothing. ;)

I don't know if my ROMs were up there or not... (edit: yep, they were. Every version of them, even. Thanks for the list! Guess it's moot now, unless he changes his mind and stays.)

Yes, you are one of only a handful that I have seen include such a disclaimer throughout the years. Even all but one of 5-11under's rom image contributions here on AtariAge don't include such a disclaimer except for the final version of JetPack (post #100).

Ultimately, it comes down to just being respectful of people's generosity whether a disclaimer is included or not.

10 minutes ago, TPR said:

I absolutely did make an honest effort to play the game in the first review.  And I felt that it was better to stay in one place and let the enemies come to you.  Hence my rubber band on the controller.  That review was just more "harsh" than my second one. So maybe my choice of words I just used there was incorrect.  But people had told me "you weren't really playing the game, you were just standing on one place" so fine, i took that feedback and criticism to heart, and the second time I played the game more, but the outcome of my thoughts from both videos still remains the same. 

I actually managed to get more points and get farther in the game using the rubber band. ?‍♂️

See, if I were Milli I would have jumped on that and offered an "official Arkadeon rubber band" on his website. I am being serious. That would have downplayed things but that is just my style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MMarcoux66 said:

See, if I were Milli I would have jumped on that and offered an "official Arkadeon rubber band" on his website. I am being serious. That would have downplayed things but that is just my style.

respect GIF by Jaz Dhami

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Well to be honest, the tit for tat shit gets old.  If he has "concrete proof", then he should show said proof.  I feel since he has basically made the CV community have a completely vested interest in all of this bs, then he should at least lay proof of claims to us.  It's real easy to just make vague and pointless claims about anyone and have people believe it until they feel said claims are absolutely the truth.  I however don't work like that and even if something seems likely, I need absolute proof.  Otherwise it is all ultimately fodder.

But based on how ridiculous Milli has been acting, his behavior in his videos and his interactions on here and other communications I have seen, it leads me to think, and this is ONLY my assessment....that he is creating a much bigger issue out of things then they ever needed to be.  I have seen MANY critics of hia games other than TPR and yet, he focuses solely on TPR and even thinks any critics are friends of his.  I find that line of thinking to be highly dubious.  

Like I said, even if I didn't like someone, or borderline hated them, I wouldn't blindly assume they are the sole reason for my inneptitude or for my releasing something people didn't like.

Again, these are my opinions only!!?‍♂️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

The damage was done not by a review, not by any review. The damage was done when the game had a price tag of $59.00 but the quality of $3.99 game for a cell phone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clark Murdoch said:

Thanks for posting this. What aggravates me about Milli is he pretends to be a good guy that wants feedback but whenever he gets feedback he doesn't like he whines about it like a child and then shortly after deletes the whole post! How about as a business owner you take some constructive criticism which is meant to help you and provide a thoughtful response. This has happened to me at least 5 times when trying genuinely to help the guy with some advice and perspective. I am starting to wonder if he is a narcissist or mentally ill. For example, here is what I posted on the Coleco ADAM Facebook group when he posted something like "wah, poor me, someone hacked my rom and sent me this message". Here was my response:

"You can't honestly be surprised at that Milli. I have tried to give you advice but you keep allowing yourself to get baited by "the entity" (as you call him or her - your word, not mine) and you are doing some questionable things that are alienating you from some of the most important people in the community. For instance adding other people's intellectual property - their games - into the roms that you have made available as an entitlement to your club. This is just wrong. The only roms you should make available in a club are your own. And then you are using Nintendo IP and a gold cartridge to lure people to your club without telling them what they are getting? Come on. This is all inappropriate and while the silent majority may not be speaking up, there are a LOT of people who you have really angered by doing all of this. You are doing the exact opposite of what these communities are about. While I don't doubt at all your passion and your value to the community with the other things you do, you need to seriously re-evaluate some of the recent things that you are doing. You have been blocked by some major websites and groups which is something that never really happens. You need to ask yourself why that is. It should not be a surprise at this point. And you posting stuff here looking for sympathy is just creating drama that most of us do not appreciate in this group or other groups. Deal with your issues privately. You don't need to make them public because the vast majority of us don't enjoy the negativity and noise. Now that may not justify what someone claimed they did to what might be your IP but you must understand that people are extremely upset and angry with you. If someone has done this, you might want to think about it because it may well be one of the people who you effectively did the same thing to by making THEIR games in rom format part of your "club".

Please realize that my comments are coming from a good place. I am trying to be helpful. I am just stating my opinion based on what I am seeing and hearing. I do not have any malice towards you or any ill intentions. Just responding to what I feel are the facts."

(shortly after this he posted something like "well it all doesn't matter anymore and pretty soon you will see why" and then he deleted the post like he always does).

Wow.  A lot to digest there!  

Your initial paragraph is EXACTLY how I felt about Crazy Climber.  My initial intentions were not "harmful" in any way, but the reality is, I volunteered a great amount of my money, time and effort to help promote his campaign because I honestly believed he was making a port of one of my favorite arcade games.  The word "Redux" never appeared anywhere in any of his initial Kickstarter postings.  So when I found out he wasn't actually making a port of that game, I gave him the feedback that I felt was deserved. But that feedback was treated like I had created a smear campaign against him, which wasn't the case at all.  I just provided my honest feedback as to what I thought would make the game better based on what his initial pitch was. His reaction was absolutely not what I would have expected it to be and when I realized he was not going to be making a port of the arcade game like his original Kickstarter implied, I felt it was my responsibility to let all those people know whom I had recommended his campaign to, that the end result is not what I thought it was going to be, and had I known that from the beginning, I would not have suggested to anyone to back that project. 

Your point about him being blocked from several different groups and websites is also correct. I can only think of one other person who has been blocked from just about every FB group and website out there, and then was probably 5-6 years ago now. Clearly if several different groups are reacting to him in the same way, there is a pattern of behavior there, and you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions. 

And like you said, "my comments are coming from a good place" that is 100% what my original intentions were.  I, too, was trying to be helpful.  And what has transpired since has created an entire chapter of drama that I feel I have been unfairly painted as the instigator, which is completely inaccurate. 

Anyway, great read and some fantastic points.  Thanks for posting that. 

• Like 3