IGNORED

Season 12 ~ Week 18/19/20 ~ HomeBrew Weeks

Vocelli

Aardvark: 165530

From about Level 11 on, I seldom complete the board without getting killed at least once.  The game can be especially unforgiving when releasing an enemy on all rows at the same time or when a caterpillar (or whatever those green bugs are) shows up on the top row with the worm.  Most of my scoring comes from point pressing the early levels.  I can usually hit 16-18k after the first level and at least 30k at the end of the second level.  If I have time, I may continue my Easter Egg hunt to try and figure out the secret to higher scores on the earlier levels.

Most of my time this weekend will be spent on Stratovox since I've not even posted a score for that one yet.

image.thumb.png.7c8d345c311a5f531f31a0c41be01ce6.png

• Like 4

Stratovox doesn't seem to run right on Stella 6.6 either. Lots of disappearing enemies. anybody else stuck emulating?

15650 so far, but right now it seems really tough to get any further.

image.png

Oh boy, Aardvark is a challenge too. This is going to be a rough one... 9290 to start ?

image.thumb.png.a2e093bc136cafdcbfc073e5de2ba431.png

OK, this is going to have to be it for the night. 17910.

image.thumb.png.6887c31816e639372f3293960c94495a.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Stratovox doesn't seem to run right on Stella 6.6 either. Lots of disappearing enemies. anybody else stuck emulating?

There is nothing in emulation which can make enemies disappear. If the same does not happen in real hardware, then it might be a setup problem (e.g. enemies flickering too much for your monitor). 

Can you create and post a Stella save state when this is happening?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

15650 so far, but right now it seems really tough to get any further.

image.png

Oh boy, Aardvark is a challenge too. This is going to be a rough one... 9290 to start ?

image.thumb.png.a2e093bc136cafdcbfc073e5de2ba431.png

OK, this is going to have to be it for the night. 17910.

image.thumb.png.6887c31816e639372f3293960c94495a.png

You could try using the Phosphor effect in Stella, ALT + P

• Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 12:33 PM, kermit73 said:

I cannot seem to Stratovox to load on my console with a Harmony cart.  It just brings up a spinner when I select the game.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, McCallister said:

Yes, there were a couple games that shared this problem. I fixed it last year by reloading the latest firmware. Even if, like my encore, it had the latest version displayed already.

I finally got around to re-updating the firmware, but the issue persists.  At least for now, I'll be playing Stratovox on Stella.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kermit73 said:

I finally got around to re-updating the firmware, but the issue persists.  At least for now, I'll be playing Stratovox on Stella.

You should report your problem to @batari. I am sure he will be interested to find out and help you.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

There is nothing in emulation which can make enemies disappear. If the same does not happen in real hardware, then it might be a setup problem (e.g. enemies flickering too much for your monitor).

It happens when there are three enemy formations and sometimes when there are two. One of the enemies will disappear. The counter for the astronauts at the end of the level also disappears for the section of the screen where the Round Over message is displayed.

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

It happens when there are three enemy formations and sometimes when there are two. One of the enemies will disappear. The counter for the astronauts at the end of the level also disappears for the section of the screen where the Round Over message is displayed.

Sounds like flicker could be the problem. As already suggested, you should enable the phosphor effect and let us know if that helped.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kermit73 said:

Bummer. Is it version 1.06? Can’t remember if that was the latest or not, but it’s the one I used. 

Before the update, it was only a couple of games that wouldn’t load. I think they were 32k games, so the Quad games would not load either.

• Like 1

My first go at Raptor today.

All i can say is WOW, its one of those games you can just pick up and play!

Then you start to work out the strategies as you progress.

Ill definitely be looking at earning the patch on this one ?

Raptor : 494

494.thumb.JPG.ae0e785a13dcba22c4484aa3565bf58e.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, McCallister said:

Bummer. Is it version 1.06? Can’t remember if that was the latest or not, but it’s the one I used. 

Before the update, it was only a couple of games that wouldn’t load. I think they were 32k games, so the Quad games would not load either.

Thanks for letting me know the latest version number.  I had v1.05 (I somehow didn't see the newer .bin files at the bottom of the post on the Harmony thread the first time I looked for them).  With v1.06, it's working.

• Like 1