IGNORED

New Retron 77 NTSC Cartridge Compatibility List

SmartSped

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just checked your list. To me it makes little sense, even for the uninformed. IMO it may be even more confusing than helpful.

• For some games there is a note regarding the missing pin connection. Since you cannot have tested all cart variations of all working games (currently marked as green), why did you not add the same note there too? Theoretically no game in the list should be green following that logic.
  • Also, there are some <=4K games marked red (e.g. Bridge and Checkers). Have you tested tested them with your switch and they failed there too (which would raise the question why this is happening)? Else they also should be marked yellow, because other cart variations might exist and work

I would suggest that you only mark games red which use an unsupported bankswitching. Green would makes sense for all others (with the note regarding the pins added). And no yellow anymore.

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I just checked your list. To me it makes little sense, even for the uninformed. IMO it may be even more confusing than helpful.

• For some games there is a note regarding the missing pin connection. Since you cannot have tested all cart variations of all working games (currently marked as green), why did you not add the same note there too? Theoretically no game in the list should be green following that logic.
  • Also, there are some <=4K games marked red (e.g. Bridge and Checkers). Have you tested tested them with your switch and they failed there too (which would raise the question why this is happening)? Else they also should be marked yellow, because other cart variations might exist and work

I would suggest that you only mark games red which use an unsupported bankswitching. Green would makes sense for all others (with the note regarding the pins added). And no yellow anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regarding the fist note, I can only mark yellow on the games that I know have variations that don't work (ones that I've tested). On the other green Atari made games, I'm not 100% sure that variants exist with the pin configuration that makes them incompatible with the Retron 77.

On the second note, I just didn't know that those games should normally work. If you think they should normally, I can mark them yellow.

15 minutes ago, SmartSped said:

Regarding the fist note, I can only mark yellow on the games that I know have variations that don't work (ones that I've tested). On the other green Atari made games, I'm not 100% sure that variants exist with the pin configuration that makes them incompatible with the Retron 77.

Ok, but then you should a that info to the sheet.

15 minutes ago, SmartSped said:

On the second note, I just didn't know that those games should normally work. If you think they should normally, I can mark them yellow.

Assuming the pins are connected, any game <= 4K should work. And also all games using Atari's F8 or F6 bankswitching. All other games will not work.

You can find info (incl. size and bankswitching) about the original games here

4 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Ok, but then you should a that info to the sheet.

Assuming the pins are connected, any game <= 4K should work. And also all games using Atari's F8 or F6 bankswitching. All other games will not work.

You can find info (incl. size and bankswitching) about the original games here

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...