IGNORED

Anyone know where to buy Switch parts?

Shawn

Hey,

Anyone know where to buy parts for the Switch? I'm specifically

looking for the motherboard connector for a joycon rail as pictured

below. Had a situation where that tiny brown latching clip broke. I

plan to replace the whole female connector, obviously. SMD work, so fun!

198082126_switchfixphoto.png.4dd7678f9aee71ef718a3ac67215d333.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shawn

Does not look like a switch to me unless you are referring to it being used for the switch connections, considering what is plugged into it I would say it is an FCC (Flexible Circuit Connector) connector.

I can't tell the number of ways or pitch (pin spacing) from that image, you will need to measure the later.

If as you indicate it has a moving latchable clip that flips up and down to make it easier to get the FCC ribbon in and out it will be a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) version which can be harder to find that the push fit ones.

On 3/9/2022 at 3:15 AM, Stephen Moss said:

Does not look like a switch to me unless you are referring to it being used for the switch connections, considering what is plugged into it I would say it is an FCC (Flexible Circuit Connector) connector.

I can't tell the number of ways or pitch (pin spacing) from that image, you will need to measure the later.

If as you indicate it has a moving latchable clip that flips up and down to make it easier to get the FCC ribbon in and out it will be a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) version which can be harder to find that the push fit ones.

Yes of course, it's for the NINTENDO SWITCH.

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking to fix it properly.

Don't, it's not worth it, use something like Bondic or SuperGlue.  And yes, Stephen is right, those are just FCC connectors and you need to know the pitch to get a replacement.

4 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Don't, it's not worth it, use something like Bondic or SuperGlue.  And yes, Stephen is right, those are just FCC connectors and you need to know the pitch to get a replacement.

I know it's FCC connectors. I think he misunderstood and belived I was looking for a switch not parts for the Nintendo Switch. I'm not supergluing this. I'm doing it right. I'll find the proper part and do it that way.

Was able to find the connector. They are also known as FPC not just FCC it seems. Dude on ebay has them

but they don't ship to Canada even at the high price of $7 each. They are worth about 50 cents to a dollar.

Aliexpress has them but that is a crapshoot on quality and it would take a good month or more to get to me

in the mail from China.

EDIT (link):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143656604995

Edited by Shawn

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

Was able to find the connector. They are also known as FPC not just FCC it seems. Dude on ebay has them

but they don't ship to Canada even at the high price of $7 each. They are worth about 50 cents to a dollar.

Aliexpress has them but that is a crapshoot on quality and it would take a good month or more to get to me

in the mail from China.

EDIT (link):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143656604995

FPC is what I meant to type. LOL, I use slightly bigger ones myself.

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.41.22 PM.png