IGNORED

Help diagnosing roller controller

timepilot

I recently received a roller controller.  I plugged a known, tested, working standard Coleco controller into the left ("player 1") port of the roller controller.  I connected the roller controller to my ADAM, making sure to plug "1" into port 1 and "2" into port 2.  The ADAM recognized the trigger buttons on the standard controller (being passed through the roller controller) and the buttons on the roller controller itself, but did not recognize the directional buttons (8 joystick positions) on the joystick, or the roller trackball itself.  This happened regardless of whether I moved the switch to "joystick" or "roller."  Same results.  I then tested the roller controller with the CollectorVision Phoenix.  Exact same results.

Before I ship it back to the seller, does anyone have any ideas as to other things that I might try in order to salvage this?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, allansim said:

I don't have one but looking at the manual, I think you need both controllers connected to it and most importantly a power source.  The Adam connecting part of the manual shows an adapter for the printer power cable connection to the Adam (page 7):

Roller Controller Manual

Thank you.  Tested it again and it still doesn't work.  Sending it back.