IGNORED

Game Genie and the 32X

atari2600land

Do you mean to use with Genesis games or 32X games?  I don't know for sure either, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use your GG with Genesis games through the 32X.  Not sure why you wouldn't want to though, other than having to disassemble your 32X rig.

Far as I know the game genie still works through a 32x since the 32x is basically a passthrough device for genesis game. But I have to remove my 32x because I don't physically have room to use the game genie with the 32x attached.

IIRC, the problem is that the 32X doesn't pass the DTACK line through to its cart port. You might want to google for that - I seem to remember someone making a mod to fix that. The other "solution" would be a flash cart that supports GameGenie cheats. I know the old NeoMyth MD cart menu supported many GG codes while loading games. The MED might as well... you might want to check the MED feature list/user manual.

• 4 weeks later...