IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

5 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Why the constant nitpicking? Maybe there's a "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead!" resignation at the same time I don't see how being a stickler makes anything any better.

The company and the now 2 CEOs said and then reversed quite a few statements, that is all in the open. The technicalities of different crowdfundings makes zero difference vis-à-vis they saying "no crowdfunding" etc...etc... 

I'd like to know if you are connected to IE in any way, sort or shape. Maybe you are an unofficial PR or something.

It's not nitpicking, people are using the term crowdfunding as a technicality.  They were clear that they want people to be able to play the thing before buying.  People here don't want them to raise money from investors either it's very unreasonable.

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I would like to know this too, because he is the only person here trying to defend the company at this point.  Not saying he shouldn't be able to, but it is very interesting how he has a way to spin every critique at IE, like he has a list of all critical talking points with IE's approved answers. 

I  might be the only one not dumping on the company, is how I see it. And I'd do the same for you or anyone else here if you or they were in that situation.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

He flat out said they wouldn't take money before you could play the console. You can try to split hairs about two types of crowdfunding but the fact is he lied about that. Also Fig is a rewards based system of crowdfunding, Republic is investing crowdfunding. Intellivision used both. 

Their plan was to bring the console to malls, stores for people to play.  Some people here have already played it.  Nobody has to preorder to get an Amico, it's completely optional.  Should they have waited until it's in production before taking preorders, I think so, but either way it's optional.  There's a big difference between customers and investors, I'm not splitting hairs.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 2

I don't understand how anybody can defend Intellivision. As a company and one that has taken in investor money you have to be held accountable for what your doing with that money and keeping the company profitable.  You can not run from 2018 until now with 0 dollars in revenue and expect that to be okay. At that point your stealing from investors to collect a paycheck.  

It's not dumping but people can't take an "oh it's okay I'm sure something will come out despite your track record" approach when there is evidence of mismanagement, poor planning, and outright misinformation, all the while using investor income and grant money to do so.  

I honestly believe from what I've read that certain leaders of the company and the Amico project were in way over their head, and after seeing the loan information there are some players from Intellivision who were knowingly taking advantage of the situation to profit. The whole things not okay. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

There are different types of crowdfunding.  In the video he's clearly talking about consumers buying Amicos and not revenue share investing or equity investing.

Fundable and Startengine are also crowdfunding. 

23 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I  might be the only one not dumping on the company, is how I see it. And I'd do the same for you or anyone else here if you or they were in that situation.

But their situation is rather transparent.  They are where they are at because of straight up mismanagement. That is not something that people should try and defend, especially when they aren't an employee at IE.  

If that 72 page SEC filing didn't make this rather apparent than I don't know what will.   All the millions of dollars they got from investors and what do they have to show for it other than a console that still isn't ready to be manufactured and ship anytime soon after 1.5 yrs delayed from original release date. The pack in games still aren't completed for goodness sake! It's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to defend this company and still give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.  I never considered the Amico project a scam, but it's definitely a mismanaged to hell shi* show. 

• Like 2

I never cared if they used crowdfunding. They should use crowdfunding, why not?  Do a Kickstarter and get this system complete and released. 

Just dont say you wont be using crowdfunding and then use crowdfunding.  

Sure things change, just make a nice statement and say: Hey guys, we reevaluated the situation and decided to use crowdfunding to get this system out. 

No big deal.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There's a big difference between customers and investors, I'm not splitting hairs.

You totally are and while that's okay just admit it. They've used both forms of crowdfunding with the Fig one being a rewards based version and Republic as investing.Screenshot_20210902-220828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac42f315950e6c68da62ca30dbaead12.jpg20210627_190627.thumb.jpg.ec24273cf7b0c72c2bb6547e5161a79c.jpgScreenshot_20210901-210814_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cbfb73ac22bf6bfc70972d57c88bc38a.jpg

They took money before people could play it. The things people have played are not retail units and are not representative of the final product.

They had specific games running on the different units because not each unit could properly handle each game. The games shown also had such things as stolen assets (Armor Battle) or copyrighted story (Moon Patrol/Star Fox). So no, nobody has had the chance to play an actual ready to go Amico.

26 minutes ago, Rev said:

Fundable and Startengine are also crowdfunding. 

Exactly and as further proof that no one has played a finalized Amico this was on the Fundable site.Screenshot_20211024-160753_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b987d08acc6653761ecb4277ebe452ab.jpg

So nothing but a board was complete. Still taking and asking for money.

To say those events checkmark a box is silly when it isn't finalized. Game Stop wouldn't even let him host one of those at their store in Boston/Boston area and that was supposedly a partner of theirs. 

They would have saved themselves a lot of problems if they would have shut up and put out a product. It isn't "dumping on them" to hold them to their word and promises. That is on them 100%.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Well sometimes we all need some outside perspective, including me at times. 

I love ya man, but what you say here is very close to what Pat and Ian have said in the past, and been called haters for it.    

31C2973E-3AFD-4560-9E0A-C5915971647F.thumb.jpeg.fcc55877b8329373a40ceee219b7c1d9.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

I never cared if they used crowdfunding. They should use crowdfunding, why not?  Do a Kickstarter and get this system complete and released. 

Just dont say you wont be using crowdfunding and then use crowdfunding.  

Sure things change, just make a nice statement and say: Hey guys, we reevaluated the situation and decided to use crowdfunding to get this system out. 

No big deal.

Exactly. It was all bravado and acting like we are better than VCS and Chameleon. But even the lies of exclusive and 2d chip tech were met with hostility if you brought it up. It is what soured a lot of people. It wasn't that people didn't want new console or hated family fun. It is that they continually moved goalposts and made less than truthful statements.

4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Why would someone buy in to a kickstarter and risk more money when they can put less money at a store at no risk.

Ask the people who got charged by Game Stop recently. 

Anyone got their March 31 release yet?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Well sometimes we all need some outside perspective, including me at times. 

I love ya man, but what you say here is very close to what Pat and Ian have said in the past, and been called haters for it.    

31C2973E-3AFD-4560-9E0A-C5915971647F.thumb.jpeg.fcc55877b8329373a40ceee219b7c1d9.jpeg

Some have been called worse than just haters too.

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

They took money before people could play it. The things people have played are not retail units and are not representative of the final product.

Anyone that has preordered could have waited to play it.  They could buy it from a store like walmart, play it, and return it if they want.

Just now, mr_me said:

Anyone that has preordered could have waited to play it.  They could buy it from a store like walmart, play it, and return it if they want.

That is ridiculous to say that. And you know it. 

Intellivision Entertainment needed the early support of Intellivision fans and the retro community. It helps build word of mouth and excitement. 

Build a base of support and expand out to the soccer moms etc etc. 

You really think the retro game collectors and fans wanted to not have that great looking wood grain founders?  It was difficult for me to cancel my founders, but I did. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rev said:

Here are the last two official newsletters sent:

March 2 2022

A789761E-C43A-4804-85AC-971EA856C284.thumb.jpeg.2bbba00f2966a666f0f04e462e99449a.jpeg

March 22 2022A3DB2A78-F868-4A9A-815D-97DF5E65F1BD.thumb.jpeg.e389649aa19d5a40699c22d02b90fbbb.jpeg

Translation: "We are looking for suckers but we don't have any bites."

"Here is a pretty video of us opening a box our intern made. Too bad you will never get to do it yourself."

Edited by Master Phruby
  • Haha 4

You can still pre-order at Best Buy Canada

6 available and three 5 star reviews.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/intellivision-amico-console-white/15622425

----

Amazing System.
Reviewed by GamerGurl909 - October 11, 2021
Im so hyped and excited to get this and start playing. I preordered my Amico and also pre ordered the limited edition 8 game bundle. It is very refreshing to have a new console choice.

Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.

so hyped for this console!
Reviewed by Geo - October 12, 2021
I have two of these systems on pre-order. There is nothing else out there with modern features such as wireless controller recharging and high definition controller screens. Nintendo really needs to up their game...

Great value
Reviewed by Jason - March 10, 2022
Can’t wait for this game console, finally something I can play with my family!

----

Pre-Order
Sold and shipped by Best Buy
Available for preorder

Release Date: December 31, 2022
6 available

This will be delivered on January 3, 2023

Enjoy free shipping on most orders over $35.

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rev said:

That is ridiculous to say that. And you know it. 

Intellivision Entertainment needed the early support of Intellivision fans and the retro community. It helps build word of mouth and excitement. 

Build a base of support and expand out to the soccer moms etc etc. 

You really think the retro game collectors and fans wanted to not have that great looking wood grain founders?  It was difficult for me to cancel my founders, but I did. 

Also you still can't play it anywhere and they are still taking money. Heck they can't even estimate when they can make them let alone when and where you could play them. Still makes his comment a lie.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

NSG does a deep dive on the cornhole GFX downgrade. Pretty interesting. 

My guesses would be downgraded that is easier to process and has fewer hiccups, or they didn't own every asset. One of the boards shown in a video had an asset on it from PNGWing.

1 minute ago, Hydro Thunder said:

No, but it will have Shark Tank on it, first season only, available through a $49.99/week subscription service called Nemico Plus.

Do you have the DATA showing that soccer grandmom's want it?

• Haha 3