IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

32 minutes ago, kevtris said:

tommywhine.PNG

tommywhine2.PNG

I remember those accusations. Tommy Tallarico was attempting to smear @kevtris for reasons I don't understand. They were bullshit then and are still bullshit, just more of the Amico guy's tactics to try and discredit people and publications pointing out the many obvious flaws in Intellivision Entertainment's product and business. 

Kev has made at least 5 successful FPGA consoles that sell out by popular demand. Amico can't seem to get its pants on, let alone approach the starting gate, let alone compete in a race with Analogue, to say nothing of finishing. 

Tommy Tallarico would frequently talk about "misinformation" while dealing in it himself. The Discord where that conversation took place was conveniently erased a week or two ago (sound familiar?) but it pissed me off enough that I took a screenshot of every time Kev mentioned "wife" in there. Note the timestamps, this is ancient history, but it looks different in light of what we've seen. 

I don't like to talk about Amico on AtariAge anymore because of the way the mods here allowed themselves to be manipulated. I see no need to rub salt into the wound, what's done is done. Maybe now that it's clear who was right and who was wrong, we can have some more honest and open discussion about the shysters at Intellivision Entertainment and the way they've cheated people who deserved better.

CG = "Classic Gaming" Discord. 

1605621494_Screenshot2022-04-086_13_34PM.thumb.png.8ec4797ce8e67cc40a93d84bf5eb8f19.png

kev.thumb.jpg.a13090d06068e7a6371736c54d9c046d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I remember those accusations. Tommy Tallarico was attempting to smear @kevtris for reasons I don't understand

Because he's a bully with a massive ego and pathetically thin skin that has no idea how to respond to people other than to attack and/or make fun of them. Hence why he surrounded himself with people who kissed his ass and who he could manipulate easily.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, youxia said:

The combo of the new "strategy" and the old obnoxious screencaps on this page is just too surreal.

I need to process it in some simple visuals...

TrainIV.jpg

I think "Silver Streak" would be more appropriate. It's from the 1970s, has Gene Wilder (some dude's favorite Willy Wonka), and a comedic touch to the disasterous proceedings. 

silver-streak_u-L-F4S8EC0.jpg?artHeight=

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

This does not seem like the kind of move a healthy company would make. Remember how the shamwow guy used to come in here and (falsely) brag about how Amico was the only game console sold with 2 controllers?

QWXsjvzYzviomveSX54u1SiyKkThdq0_8Wkjf7He

OMG IS THIS REAL!?

If it is stick a fork in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

You know they purposely priced at $289.99 and $339.99 to be $10 cheaper than OG Switch at $299.99 and OLED Switch at $349.99.  You know the console that "isn't direct competition".   Funny

I can buy a Switch with two controllers at $300. ?

Who wants to make the banner for Safe Family Entertainment? SFE just doesn't have the same feel. Pity they killed the 'A'.

17 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Can't tell if they're just showing (who? investors? regulators?) that they tried to get more orders? Or do they honestly think anyone would want that? 

It is a last desperate attempt at trying to maximize preorders to get it out the door. There were many 'haters' who said offer one controller to try and knock the price down. Not raise the price and take away acontroller.

Notice they didn't mention those $50 gift cards they promised with all the GS orders. That will most likely be the excuse for honoring the $299 price.

3 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

"We're like Rocky Balboa up in this bitch"

Tommy should have watched the end where Apollo Creed won.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

This does not seem like the kind of move a healthy company would make. Remember how the shamwow guy used to come in here and (falsely) brag about how Amico was the only game console sold with 2 controllers?

QWXsjvzYzviomveSX54u1SiyKkThdq0_8Wkjf7He

I just saw this too.

I am glad after all the chatter good and bad in here,mostly bad that they still actually may physically get a system out.

That's most of all I personally really want at this point,so the little particulars about how and why, the changes and what not-if I just spend my time nitpicking everything about it and how it turns out, that is a huge waste of my time and energy.

So hopefully it comes out in whatever form it is soon,and I can enjoy at least some pretty cool games,however many they manage to get out there!?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

I just saw this too.

I am glad after all the chatter good and bad in here,mostly bad that they still actually may physically get a system out.

That's most of all I personally really want at this point,so the little particulars about how and why, the changes and what not-if I just spend my time nitpicking everything about it and how it turns out, that is a huge waste of my time and energy.

So hopefully it comes out in whatever form it is soon,and I can enjoy at least some pretty cool games,however many they manage to get out there!?

I hope for all the people who were roped into giving money get some return. I doubt they see anything back.

I hope for all the believers get a console. I'm not sure they can and even if they do the support life is probably not great.

• Like 2

So does anyone do ANY checking of anything over at IE?

They can't get simple things right.

20220408_183149.thumb.jpg.3a7a977fd3580033cae871f8cc616873.jpg

They can't even spell their company name correctly on the insert. Do we think they will even be competent enough to make software that won't brick the console, or competent enough to keep the lights on?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

As with the "unboxing" video, I assume this is another very desperate last ditch attempt at, a) Stopping anymore people cancelling their pre-orders, and b) Material for the last attempt at getting an investor.

Guy I know said Intellivision has yet to respond to his PayPal dispute.

It is also an attempt to cut out most if not all consoles priced at $250 (black and white). I think they said they would only honor the purple one right? 

20 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Guy I know said Intellivision has yet to respond to his PayPal dispute.

It is also an attempt to cut out most if not all consoles priced at $250 (black and white). I think they said they would only honor the purple one right? 

Since the money was taken more than 2 years ago, isn't it long gone now?  I don't think any dispute would go through now since it's been so long. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kevtris said:

Since the money was taken more than 2 years ago, isn't it long gone now?  I don't think any dispute would go through now since it's been so long. 

Yeah I think I mentioned that in the Q&A thread or one of mine about that. 100% refundable until it isn't and we would like you to spend $100 more.?

• Like 1

Catching up on the Amico after not paying any attention to it for the last couple of years. I subscribed to their email updates but I've deleted pretty much everything I've gotten from them unread.

I remember being at Tommy's presentation at PRGE back in 2019 (2018? When did they introduce this thing?) and thinking "This could be pretty cool. I hope he brings in someone who knows what they're doing."

I guess he didn't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Tommy Tallarico would frequently talk about "misinformation" while dealing in it himself.

I don't like to talk about Amico on AtariAge anymore because of the way the mods here allowed themselves to be manipulated. I see no need to rub salt into the wound, what's done is done. Maybe now that it's clear who was right and who was wrong, we can have some more honest and open discussion about the shysters at Intellivision Entertainment and the way they've cheated people who deserved better.

It's so fascinating going back and reading old posts in hindsigh that Tommy has made in regards to the Amico with everything we know now. There's quite a few out there that still exist on Atariage, and you can find some more if you care to search yourself. Also agreed 100% in regards to the mods allowing themselves to be manipulated. 

Edited by Pink
  • Like 3

As others mentioned, Intellivision really needs to update their main FAQ page given the price increase for any pre-order requests from this moment onward.

It does not feel practical to be asking more than a Switch for a system that admittedly will have only 6-15 games at launch and others perpetually on hold until they see if the system is a success. And the IP of Intellivision is not highly sought after or notably profitable on its own, with the biggest flagship announced title being Earthworm Jim but that too is indefinitely delayed.

3 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Yeah I think PayPal has like a 40 day window to dispute. 

It has been expanded to allow up to 180 days (6 months).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

4 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Yeah I think PayPal has like a 40 day window to dispute. 

It has been expanded to allow up to 180 days (6 months).

Still won’t cover many of the early supporters. I brought this up to tommy in the heavily censored/“modded” and now deleted thread and he reassured his followers that they would honor the refunds after the PayPal limit expired but as we have heard some people are having difficulties getting in touch with them regarding their refund requests. 

Edited by ColecoJoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2