IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

Where are the deep dive videos that were promised?   The quiet time is apparently over. I want my Night Stalker! Thats really the only game I want.  The rest of the shovelware like Care Bears, Farkle, Sesame Street, Evil Knevil, Talk Party can all suck it.    

Where is EarthWorm Jim, Burgertime, and the rest of the  retro game remakes.  Talk about bait and switch. 

My beloved Night Stalker!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

MrBeefy, this isn't meant to be a direct reply to your comment, but it did make me think of something.  If all collectors do is put it on the shelf to admire it, I seer that as wasting money.  Consoles and video games are meant to be played!  If you want to see it on a shelf collecting dust, go to the Video Game Museum in Texas! ?

image.jpeg.f8a120f4c793289870243f6e3bc41059.jpeg

Also, I wager alot of systems wont be opened and played. Perhaps causing very low sales in the online game store.  Possible??

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Where are the deep dive videos that were promised?   The quiet time is apparently over. I want my Night Stalker! Thats really the only game I want.  The rest of the shovelware like Care Bears, Farkle, Sesame Street, Evil Knevil, Talk Party can all suck it.    

Where is EarthWorm Jim, Burgertime, and the rest of the  retro game remakes.  Talk about bait and switch. 

My beloved Night Stalker!

Honestly the game I felt that had the most potential to show off the Amico controller features was Bomb Squad, but that game appears to be vaporware now.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

You can still pre order on Amazon Germany 

Intellivision Amico - Glacier White
Brand: Intellivision
Platform : Electronic Game, Intellivision
Price:    €279.99
Prices for items sold by Amazon include VAT. Depending on your delivery address, VAT may vary at Checkout. For other items, please see details.
Pre-order price guarantee. Details 

This item will be released on December 31, 2022.
Pre-order now.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/ITVA01-UK-61ST/dp/B089M6P1DJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=GSN8O7K94300&keywords=intellivision+amico&qid=1649366692&sprefix=intellivision+amico%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-1

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

So, the only place to order Amico in the USA right now is Intellivision.com?   Right?

Correct.  Although I don't trust or believe anything they say anymore.  Just look at the mountain of $hit they promised and didn't deliver...

EDIT: I forgot it was you that originally posted this video! ?

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

1. My color of choice is the black Tron looking console.  They are now not producing/taking orders for it.

4. With all these "games" they intend to make and software developers pulling out, why should I believe any of the games I want to play in the future will be made?

They've been in talks with Disney. Disney loves what they are doing.

Tron on Amico. Wouldn't that be something?

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So for the $0 down preorders.

Anyone think it's possible that they aren't asking for money because they know it's very likely they close shop before the PayPal deadline to dispute it is up?

Given how incompetent they have been all these years, can we even trust them to successfully manufacture Amico consoles in house?   Like, I just imagine people plugging in their consoles and nothing boots up or they see error messages. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Anyone think it's possible that they aren't asking for money because they know it's very likely they close shop before the PayPal deadline to dispute it is up?

I dont know. But you better hurry up.   That Dvdfever guy is hoarding all the preorders and cornering the market. 500 Amico orders!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I think it's a numbers thing. The more preorders they get, the better it looks to get new investors. That's all this is for. Its classic smoke and mirrors. Sounds like an idea for a new Amico game. Wouldn't that be something?!?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Me as well. Maybe you should get in touch with the developer, Mike Mika: https://twitter.com/MikeJMika

Actually, it would be interesting to hear what he would say in reference to what they told him regarding his game actually being released.  Was it even completed?  Did he sign a non-disclosure?   

Might give some kind of insight as to what happened...if he's allowed to say anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Honestly the game I felt that had the most potential to show off the Amico controller features was Bomb Squad, but that game appears to be vaporware now.  

I agree.  I was really looking forward to that one. 

I felt that one would have been an instant classic 

17 hours ago, Rev said:

All lies

Plus Kevtris can keep all production going single handed.  So, I am not worried about any supposed chip or supply chain issues.

I also don't believe in inflation, so I am still paying 37 cent per gallon of gas.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

FYI. Since there are no more white or black Amicos available on Intellivision.com……Zatu games is still selling the white Amicos for the low low price of 350.   

Scalpers, grab them quick!

99F7C691-EA00-49CB-ADF7-57EA2B1A32DE.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

It's a basic android box how hard can it be?

Yeah, you could make your own. All you need is a Raspberry Pi, a foot spa for the case, a couple of old phones with that app that lets you use them as game controllers and a roll of duct tape.

You'd get a better selection of games with that setup too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Yeah, you could make your own. All you need is a Raspberry Pi, a foot spa for the case, a couple of old phones with that app that lets you use them as game controllers and a roll of duct tape.

You'd get a better selection of games with that setup too.

find me a raspberry pi 4.    Need one.   Clearly it is easy as stated above.  I don't need any of the other pieces.  This should only take a few seconds.  THANK!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, masschamber said:

What difference does it make to you?  

Last I checked IE was not a charity or a not-for-profit organization.

In that light they are in this venture to turn a profit, like any for-profit business around.

They chose to do so by wanting to release a console donning an historical name of a glorious time in videogame history.

We kind of all know the original tri-force before the other tri-force was Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision, one made a mess (Chameleon), the other is released (VCS) but it's unclear if it made any difference, the third is IE and it seems some manner of mismanagement and some unlucky timing got it tangled into a quagmire ... by the outside it appears they are in a "by hook or by crook" mode ... but maybe I am exaggerating. 

Given the above, assuming they ship the Amico, if the market likes it they should be successful, if not they should fail, like any other business.

You stated that you know it'll not be good (I have no evidence one way or another) and yet you'll buy it anyway so it seems an "in spite" purchase. Obviously it is not rational, not in a business transaction sense, so there has to be more to it than meets the eye.

You wouldn't buy a TV "in spite" of it being bad ... you wouldn't buy a car "in spite" of it being bad etc...etc... so I was curious if what you want to buy in 202x (whatever the x may be) is something branded Intellivision or something Tommy made ... is it the brand? is it the man? is it something else? You do not go around and buy "bad" products "in spite of" so why is this any different? 

As I said IE is a business, treating anything a business does or is the same way we would treat our preferred sport teams, or even our beliefs, which almost always involve deep and hard to control emotions, is something I personally cannot relate anymore (I did during the home computer wars of the 80 [grew up in Europe so what we had was C64 vs ZX-Spectrum then Amiga vs Atari ST] but since then completely lost the understanding) hence why I asked the question.

The product itself at a reasonable price was at least intriguing, it's actually a pity they managed to dig themselves in such a hole.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

find me a raspberry pi 4.    Need one.   Clearly it is easy as stated above.  I don't need any of the other pieces.  This should only take a few seconds.  THANK!

https://www.pishop.us/product/raspberry-pi-400-complete-kit/

says it's in stock ... you even get a free integrated keyboard like it's the 80s all over again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, Flojomojo said:

This does not seem like the kind of move a healthy company would make. Remember how the shamwow guy used to come in here and (falsely) brag about how Amico was the only game console sold with 2 controllers?

QWXsjvzYzviomveSX54u1SiyKkThdq0_8Wkjf7He

So 339.99US$ - 289.99US$ = 50US$ ... I have to believe the removal of one of the controllers saves them more than the difference in price  .... or it would not make sense .... also it cannot just be a couple of dollars.

Am I too naïve thinking each controller costs maybe 70+US$ .... maybe more? 

[note that having to handle 2 SKUs instead of one adds some logistic issues of its own so the savings for them should offset all that as well, if you remember the unpacking video proudly shows the box mentioning 2 controllers ... I just don't see them physically taking out one controller from a 2 controllers packaging while applying stickers/whiteout over the packaging/literature to correct the "list of content"  in order to fulfil each purchase at the lower price point ... but maybe that's "the plan"]

PS: for some reason I can't quite explain when I see the Amico controller my mind brings me back to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_3650