IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

2 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Smash JT is trying to get clicks to make back the 10K he lost on his investment. 

He might get more clicks if he had a few IntelliBabes in the hot tub with him. 

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, cmart604 said:

Smash JT is trying to get clicks to make back the 10K he lost on his investment. 

I think Smash is milking it for as much as he can. It's a clickbait title for something that is really only about Amazon cancelling orders. I wouldn't be surprised if Game Stop does something similar. I think their generic date is the last day in march.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Go ahead and tell SmashJT that, who is very upset that he wasted $10,000 on a product he’ll never receive.

He invested $10K in a company that likely has failed. If he didn't understand the risks of investing in a startup company and wasn't prepared to lose his investment then that's on him. Should everyone who has lost money investing make a video whining about it? 

2 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

He invested $10K in a company that likely has failed. If he didn't understand the risks of investing in a startup company and wasn't prepared to lose his investment then that's on him. Should everyone who has lost money investing make a video whining about it? 

He said he was contemplating investing even more!

Edited by Rev
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I don’t have any problems with him making videos about it at all. He feels he was duped into investing that kind of money, and he has every right to speak freely about it. And you don’t have to watch his videos if you don’t want to. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

I'm fine with having an Amico thread here or in the modern console section, as long as it stays civil.  If it does devolve into the back and forth garbage we had before (loosely quoting Cmart) or the YouTube Amico dumpster fire spills over here, I'll be glad to see Albert lock or delete this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Go ahead and throw that assumption out there, but he is free to speak about whatever he wants with his videos to get clicks. Isn’t that the point of having a YouTube channel? And wouldn’t you try to earn your money back too?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

I'm fine with having an Amico thread here or in the modern console section, as long as it stays civil.  If it does devolve into the back and forth garbage we had before (loosely quoting Cmart) or the YouTube Amico dumpster fire spills over here, I'll be glad to see Albert lock or delete this thread.

To be honest, I’m shocked that it hasn’t been locked already.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Outside agitators from Youtube, exactly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I haven’t either, but other recent Amico threads were immediately deleted or locked after the first couple of posts, which is why I am surprised. 

Its a Christmas miracle. Enjoy it. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Back on topic of the “quiet time”, still cant believe they were supposed to give manufacturing/release dates at end of Feb, but instead went silent, so much for transparency.

As some other people have said, that StartEngine campaign was likely their final Hail Mary pass.  We would have likely received shipping targets if that Startengine Campaign was very successful, but we all know how that went down.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

Back on topic of the “quiet time”, still cant believe they were supposed to give manufacturing/release dates at end of Feb, but instead went silent, so much for transparency.

That's a big reason why I think they're quietly headed towards bankruptcy and liquidating/having a fire sale versus having an angel investor that just happened to show up out of the blue to save the day right as their StartEngine campaign was falling flat.

It's unfortunate they've never updated again at Republic for the investors there. Strange too that there's been virtually no comments from any of the investors there as well asking questions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I think the best move forward would be for someone to come in and acquire INTV, take the best games currently in development and port to other systems.   There are a couple of games I still want to play even if Amico never comes out. 

At least the Amico Breakout demo is on PC, where it will live forever. I'd love to have it actually completed, though.

• Like 2

It still sucks no matter how you shake it. Whoever the "blame" falls on (and I think it's counterproductive to spend too much time prognosticating on that issue), it started out as such a breath of fresh air for retrogamers and seemed like it had a ton of promise. Sad to see it likely become vaporware no matter the sequence of events - whatever "coulda woulda shoulda" been done differently.

• Like 6

My 5 cenys is that if the pandemic didn't happen we will now for sure if this is a scam or not, but all the plans go to the bin after covid and Chips sortage.

My personal opinion, was not a scam eben if it fails. There was a market void they could filll in. Their biggest failure was nor to oversee a pandemic who no one thogth off-. many starups fails with no intention to scam-

I would need more proof to Consider Amica an Scam.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1