IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

2 hours ago, SiberianSpForces said:

You could say they jumped the Shark! Shark! 

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Be careful, someone may have a Shark!  Shark! aversion. 

While I don't think it is feasible at this time a 'slim model' would be better for them. For it wanting to be a simple console, it really seems to have too much going on.

For a 'kids first console' it also seems to be lacking in those type of games. It kind of is like the Homer Car trying to be too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah found the weird PP about how it isn't software. At best it's a promise to maybe be a license in the future. If no Amico, no software, no revenue. Even says there is no set date it will become software. This is far from the physical media they were suppose to have.

*Collector’s Boxed Edition Bundles Disclaimer*

By purchasing any “Collector’s Boxed Edition Bundles,” you agree and understand what you are purchasing a collector’s item as described below:

• 4 or 8 game titles (depending on which bundle you choose) in the unique Collector’s Boxed Edition package

• Each Collector’s Boxed Edition will have:

• Collector’s packaging related to the game title

• One collector’s edition embossed metal coin related to the game title

• One collector’s edition lenticular trading card related to the game title

• One RFID digital media card to download the game license when the game becomes available on the Intellivision Amico Game Shop. (Dates TBA)

• A physical good and not a software license to the game title until the game becomes available to be downloaded on the Intellivision Amico Game Shop.

You understand that there are NO set dates of when these game titles will be available and that in order to use your RFID digital media card to download each game, you must have an Intellivision Amico and a secure connection to the internet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

1)Intellivision Flashbacks were stopped long before IE. Last I remember I think Bill L said it and the Coleco ome didn't do well enough to warrant a second one. AtGames has even stopped making the Atari Flashbacks at this point and are focusing on arcade like experiences. I don't think there is much demand for such a device or it would have made it past a 2nd iteration. Wasn't there suppose to be an Arcade 1Up device that had a TV that functioned like a Flashback? I haven't seen or heard anything about those in a long time. Did they ever materialize.

I had the Coleco version, it was crap.  The game selection was poor, and the quality of the controller, although it looked good, was very cheap.  Unlike the Intv version, I brought it back immediately.

Yes, Tommy boasted about a mini-tv with a micro Intellivision product that he claimed Arcade-1Up was going to produce.  It was a separate TV that you could link up each of the older min consoles they were floating the idea to make.  I mean, it was probably going to be a 7 or 5 inch LCD screen packed into a case that looked like a 70's style TV with mini-HMDI ports.  Would have been a hit with Retro-Gamers alike if they offered mini consoles from the early 80's to the mid-90's.  Who knows.  But Tommy went and made it sound like it was going to happen... which it didn't, along with a lot of other stuff that maybe was in the design stage, or just an idea to someone.  

Just seems like every decision TT made to bring in revenue failed.  An honestly, I felt $35 for a T-shirt was very expensive... especially for retro stuff.  The beanie hat is $25??  That's a lot.

• Like 1

I was going to buy those limited edition game things, but I had no money at the time. Then I forgot about them. If the Amico never gets released, a set of those might be worth like $20,000 USD or something in 50 years like Neo Geo games are now. Good thing I'm young enough to still be alive in 50 years!

Of course "might" = "might not", so...

Edited by Steven Pendleton

3 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I was going to buy those limited edition game things, but I had no money at the time. Then I forgot about them. If the Amico never gets released, a set of those might be worth like $20,000 USD or something in 50 years like Neo Geo games are now. Good thing I'm young enough to still be alive in 50 years!

Of course "might" = "might not", so...

I think you're underselling... I'm going to have it put into my will, that my Great-Great Grandchildren post them for sale on the future version of eBay called NutBay by then for a minimum of $650k each title.

These are the Babe Ruth rookie cards of the World Cup Soccer world... the Tom Brady rookie card of baseball... and the Jackie Stewart 1st Time win photo of Nascar short track racing!!!

4 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I think you're underselling... I'm going to have it put into my will, that my Great-Great Grandchildren post them for sale on the future version of eBay called NutBay by then for a minimum of $650k each title.

These are the Babe Ruth rookie cards of the World Cup Soccer world... the Tom Brady rookie card of baseball... and the Jackie Stewart 1st Time win photo of Nascar short track racing!!!

lol that just makes me wonder how much Neo Geo AES Neo Turf Masters will be worth in 50 years. It's ~$25,000 USD for a complete copy now (not that you're going to be able to find one, but...), so I wonder how much more it will increase by 2070.

23 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

lol that just makes me wonder how much Neo Geo AES Neo Turf Masters will be worth in 50 years. It's ~$25,000 USD for a complete copy now (not that you're going to be able to find one, but...), so I wonder how much more it will increase by 2070.

Havent checked NEO GEO prices on ePay in a long time. I assume they are sky high!

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

I had the Coleco version, it was crap.  The game selection was poor, and the quality of the controller, although it looked good, was very cheap.  Unlike the Intv version, I brought it back immediately.

Yes, Tommy boasted about a mini-tv with a micro Intellivision product that he claimed Arcade-1Up was going to produce.  It was a separate TV that you could link up each of the older min consoles they were floating the idea to make.  I mean, it was probably going to be a 7 or 5 inch LCD screen packed into a case that looked like a 70's style TV with mini-HMDI ports.  Would have been a hit with Retro-Gamers alike if they offered mini consoles from the early 80's to the mid-90's.  Who knows.  But Tommy went and made it sound like it was going to happen... which it didn't, along with a lot of other stuff that maybe was in the design stage, or just an idea to someone.  

Just seems like every decision TT made to bring in revenue failed.  An honestly, I felt $35 for a T-shirt was very expensive... especially for retro stuff.  The beanie hat is $25??  That's a lot.

But you got a golden ticket to use in the monthly giveaways right? :P

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

This Amico trailer was my favorite out of all them.  Just gameplay. Sure its simple games, but the trailer was cool. ?

It was fun and seemed well made when I played it!

What will be interesting to see is if it ever publicly sees the light of day on the Amico or any other system or format.

Which brings to mind if the Amico has totally tanked and it disapears,where will Tommy T. be able to reappear in the video game world without it being known that he already lost most of his credibility?

Or maybe there is still a ever so slim chance they will come through and be able to say"I told you so!" to everybody?

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

If things have improved and you have some cash, looks like you can still order them if you want.  Better hurry though, I saw an email some time back saying they were nearly sold out, going fast, or something like that.

37 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Which brings to mind if the Amico has totally tanked and it disapears,where will Tommy T. be able to reappear in the video game world without it being known that he already lost most of his credibility?

Personally, I don’t think that’ll be an issue.  I feel that such a small amount of people know about what went down, that his composing/Video Games Live type of stuff will be unaffected.    Unless he starts using that platform to flap yap about “them haters” and such, then it could tank the quality and bring awareness.

And I doubt that he feels any personal responsibility for it.  It’s always been and gonna be the best product idea ever, with focus groups data to back it up, and only failed because of naysayers and covid.  Nothing else.  And even the failure won’t tarnish all the records, awards, Aerosmith’s cousin, and those sort of things viewed as accomplishment.

37 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Or maybe there is still a ever so slim chance they will come through and be able to say"I told you so!" to everybody?

Something, Would That Not Be?™

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

If things have improved and you have some cash, looks like you can still order them if you want.  Better hurry though, I saw an email some time back saying they were nearly sold out, going fast, or something like that.

Personally, I don’t think that’ll be an issue.  I feel that such a small amount of people know about what went down, that his composing/Video Games Live type of stuff will be unaffected.    Unless he starts using that platform to flap yap about “them haters” and such, then it could tank the quality and bring awareness.

And I doubt that he feels any personal responsibility for it.  It’s always been and gonna be the best product idea ever, with focus groups data to back it up, and only failed because of naysayers and covid.  Nothing else.  And even the failure won’t tarnish all the records, awards, Aerosmith’s cousin, and those sort of things viewed as accomplishment.

Something, Would That Not Be?™

Blame it on those two drunken podcasters and a pot smoking Canadian hermit. ??

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Ah found the weird PP about how it isn't software. At best it's a promise to maybe be a license in the future. If no Amico, no software, no revenue. Even says there is no set date it will become software. This is far from the physical media they were suppose to have.

Like I said, that disclaimer has no relevance to the revenue sharing contract between RepublicFig and IE.  The disclaimer is clearly meant for customers who might be looking for physical media, and not for IE to avoid sharing the small amount of revenue from physical game sales.  It's also clear in the disclaimer that you are buying a software license, it's just that the license agreement is in the software once downloaded.

3 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

The mockups were much smaller than that.  Too small to play, a novelty.  Probably a good decision by Arcade1up not to proceed.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/300392-arcade1up-and-new-intellivision-devices/?do=findComment&comment=4426888

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Like I said, that disclaimer has no relevance to the revenue sharing contract between RepublicFig and IE.  The disclaimer is clearly meant for customers who might be looking for physical media, and not for IE to avoid sharing the small amount of revenue from physical game sales.  It's also clear in the disclaimer that you are buying a software license, it's just that the license agreement is in the software once downloaded.

Not so clear:

• One RFID digital media card to download the game license when the game becomes available on the Intellivision Amico Game Shop. (Dates TBA)
  • A physical good and not a software license to the game title until the game becomes available to be downloaded on the Intellivision Amico Game Shop.

It literally states you are buying a physical good until the sw becomes available, but there's no strong contract as to the fact it will ever be.

I understand they didn't mean to be deceiving and were just stating the reality that games ain't ready, e-shop neither, and that you're buying trinkets and a promise for a license in the case the game shows up in a thing called "Intellivision Amico Game Shop". The license ownership is conditional in this case (they owe you nothing in case the game or the store never comes to be), while the physical goods (not the games) were what came in the packages and are tangible and at that fulfil the purchase agreement.

It's indeed a way to get more pre-sales money, for better or for worse. But for people that are in those kind of physical goods (not the game licenses per se which are conditional to release and presence on the store) they are obtaining something in exchange to financing the company (which is in line to what Kickstarters were supposed to be, aka your money should not go towards the actual good but some other tangible that as an "investor" is worthy of your support no matter what happens to the campaign itself, they should have given out TT autographed/poster music compilations imho).

It's not like a Kickstarter.  With a Kickstarter people are required to prepay in order to get the product.  If enough people don't prepay the product doesn't even get made.  Nobody is required to prepay in advance of development to get Amico game software, you can wait until the games are available and then buy them.  These boxed games were meant for collectors.  They made them first, then offered them for sale once they were available to ship.  Anyway, the point was that the disclaimer is meant for customers and not a way to get out of sharing revenue with Republic/Fig.

Edited by mr_me