IGNORED

Atari Flashback 11 Confirmed

SJD69

17 hours ago, Mockduck said:

I agree! For anyone of those folks out there, I think this year's Flashback seems like it'd be a decent enough purchase, and with a few new Activision games like Robot Tank it's even better (although very slightly) than last year's. So, yeah, not for me, but seems like a decent enough one. Also unsure on that price, but hey, 2022.

Not if the built-in emulator still stutters like mad on River Raid due to an underpowered CPU.

1 hour ago, Rodney Hester said:

Not if the built-in emulator still stutters like mad on River Raid due to an underpowered CPU.

True. The only Flashback I have is the 2nd, and that was a recent flea market purchase. I'd assumed by this point it was running things fine through essentially Stella, right? Seems weird that it could even have an underpowered CPU in 2022.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have an 8 gold which was good but the player one stick fell apart.  I was gonna see if I buy a replacement from atgames but not sure if I would still be able to or how much it would cost.  So I was wondering if the 50 flashback would be worth it.  Game list looks decent. I'd get the gold cause paddles are a huge plus. If homebrew could be unlocked that would make it more worth it.

Nice to have replicas of the joystick though there is the vcs classic joystick available too.   Anyone find any alternative paddle controllers to work with pc?   A huge reason I'd use this over pc emulation is the controllers and paddles. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with others here, there is enough 2600 versions of flashback. Make a 7800 one and a 5200 one. It is what the customers what....

As for filling landfills, I just watched a video of the trash we are now leaving on Mars...It is what humans do, pollute a world ,move on to pollute the next one, repeat ,repeat, repeat....

6 hours ago, dwh said:

I agree with others here, there is enough 2600 versions of flashback. Make a 7800 one and a 5200 one. It is what the customers what....

It would be nice if they made a 5200 & 7800 flashback.  Hopefully it happens someday.  

Edited by Intellivision Master