IGNORED

Atari 5200 carry case on eBay

larrylaffer

I had created this thread here in AA when I had found in the wild an Atari 5200 carry case.

I am (like most of us) at the point that I need to save some space and raise some funds at the same time, so I decided to put it up for auction on eBay.

In case (pun intended) you are interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203872540234

Thank you!

Guys, I am in the west coast, so if you are on the east cost, yes, you will pay a premium for shipping...

When I created the listing on eBay I set the package weight 5lbs (about 2-3 lbs for the case + 2-3 for packaging) and dimensions 24'x20'x8'.

Then I looked at all the options and USPS Retail Ground was giving me the cheapest range (depending on the distance) and then I added Priority Mail as an option if someone wants to get it faster.

image.thumb.png.73061523777492cdce2d3eb46b3389dc.png

UPS and FedEx had very similar ranges, maybe one was a couple of bucks cheaper on the closer distances but then it was more expensive on the further ones... And FedEx is in my black list because of too many f@(k ups last year...

If anyone can find a cheapest option let me know and I will try to work things with you... But keep in mind that shipping has gone way up this year... I don't enjoy seeing people paying for shipping, I am many times on the receiving end... After all higher shipping costs mean less room for bidding...

• Like 1

I'm near chicago, but i just checked from me to California and your right...Wow.

They are starting to price out being able to sell anything online thats under$15....and if its big anything under $150.

Ridiculous.

At $78 to ship I'm out on bidding on shipping alone sadly :(

Screenshot_20220318-164836.thumb.jpg.7746cd2341090ee3ec7c3ca3229d36e9.jpg

Then magically if it was media they could do that same package for $5.71!!!!!

Maybe stick a book in the case and call the case packing material lol craziness

• Like 1

Yep... unfortunately this is becoming ridiculous... If I am not mistaken there was a price hike 2-3 months before Xmas and another one a month or so ago... Both were like 10-15% up for USPS. And if I remember correctly I think Fedex raised its prices like 30%... Or at least eBay offers the same Fedex services much higher now than before...

Well.. At least the west coast shipping is around $25 which is almost ok... Let's see next year... ?

Just now, roadrunner said:

Large USPS postal rate increases might lie ahead

Great, UPS rates are already competitive now compared to USPS Priority Mail, and UPS is a lot more reliable with their delivery estimates.  If they keep pushing their package rates up, they are going to lose a LOT of business.  Which is certainly part of the plan.  It's ludicrous that DeJoy is still head of the USPS.

..Al

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Great, UPS rates are already competitive now compared to USPS Priority Mail, and UPS is a lot more reliable with their delivery estimates.  If they keep pushing their package rates up, they are going to lose a LOT of business.  Which is certainly part of the plan.  It's ludicrous that DeJoy is still head of the USPS.

..Al

I find myself using UPS more and more lately.  

those far from the west coast let me remind you there is always the option of USPS Retail Ground (make sure you select it, default is Priority). That way it will take s bit longer for the package to arrive but it should be about $20-25 cheaper (but if course check through ebay before you bid).