IGNORED

AS: Atari 800XL Home Computer (Tested & Working) with extras! Multicart & Joysticks!

donjn

I think $400 including shipping might be a little high for this what do you think?
I mean, a good working Atari 800XL is at least $200 but I also have an UNOCart preloaded with thousands of games and two joysticks in mint condtion.
Would $350 be more reasonable?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194926561450

Atari 800XL Home Computer (Tested & Working) with extras! Multicart, oysticks!.

This is a working Atari 800XL computer in excellent condition which includes:

• UnoCart, filled with a mini SD card with hundreds of games all organized (see picture)
  • New power supply, not the old standard brick
  • Connections to hook up to your CRT or other RCA monitors
  • Two joysticks, an original Atari joystick with a new button spring, and a SlikStik, both working great
  • Joystick extension cable 
  • Pictured Commodore 1702 monitor not included :(
  • Free shipping!
  •  

$200 for an 800XL? Prices have gone up, but even $200 is a little on the high side. Maybe not horribly so at the moment though. Prices have gotten a little crazy. $400 for a stock 800XL and an UNOCart is outright ridiculous though, in my opinion. I'd make an offer of $200 or $250, including shipping, and see where it goes.

If you look at completed listings, I see no less that 15 800XLs that sold for $150 or less in the last three months, more than half of those at $100. If you wait a bit, you'll probably find a much better deal.

Only you can say is what is too much.

9 hours ago, bfollowell said:

$200 for an 800XL? Prices have gone up, but even $200 is a little on the high side. Maybe not horribly so at the moment though. Prices have gotten a little crazy. $400 for a stock 800XL and an UNOCart is outright ridiculous though, in my opinion. I'd make an offer of $200 or $250, including shipping, and see where it goes.

If you look at completed listings, I see no less that 15 800XLs that sold for $150 or less in the last three months, more than half of those at $100. If you wait a bit, you'll probably find a much better deal.

Only you can say is what is too much.

$150 free shipping (untested)
$92 plus $27 shipping (untested for parts)

$124 plus $15 shipping (untested for parts)

$187 plus $40 in box (untested)

$245 tested and working.

Add two joysticks and an UNOcart filled, Im not THAT far off If I get this thing closer to $350 or $325.

Well, you can get back the cost of the UNO, but not the "filling" of it. That is worthless and questionable, anyway.

I would say $300 on a good day. It's a nice system- I would not take any less than that for it.

I would sit on it where you have it now. It will sell, just maybe not quickly. The right person has to come along.

Edited by R.Cade

1 hour ago, donjn said:

$150 free shipping (untested)
$92 plus $27 shipping (untested for parts)

$124 plus $15 shipping (untested for parts)

$187 plus $40 in box (untested)

$245 tested and working.

Add two joysticks and an UNOcart filled, Im not THAT far off If I get this thing closer to $350 or $325.

Well, I did forget about the UNOcart and the joysticks. The Unocart is worth $50. The software it's loaded with is worthless, but the cart itself should add $50. I don't think the joysticks add all that much value, but if they're working well, they may add $30. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it myself, but I watch the ongoing sales and wait for deals and buy "for parts" machines that I spend two hours cleaning up and have working and looking brand new. For parts is ebay code for I don't have the proper cables or the knowledge to check it out and confirm it works. More often than not, they're in perfect working order and need nothing more than a good cleaning. For someone just popping onto ebay and wanting to buy a machine guaranteed to work, assuming you're guaranteeing it to work, $350 isn't bad. It's more than I'd pay, but with the current insane retro rates, it's not bad. Leave the BIN at $350 for a week or two and see if you get any interest. I still think $400 may have been too high, but with the UNOcart and joysticks, maybe not. $350 is too rich for my blood, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for that. If it doesn't, you could always lower the price later. Not everyone has the skills to work on a machine for an hour or two and get it cleaned up and running. Many just want something to work right out of the box and that's definitely worth something to the right person.

Good luck!

Edited by bfollowell