IGNORED

Tempest 4000 (Switch)

digdugnate

On 3/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, digdugnate said:

I picked this up today and felt like it was $20 well spent!  I'm slowly getting used to the controls using a Pro Controller- they're a little squirrely but doable, I think.

Has anyone else picked it up, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Whaa... when did this come out?

I might finally need to buy a copy... granted, I'll wait for the first price drop, but still...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DavidD said:

Whaa... when did this come out?

I might finally need to buy a copy... granted, I'll wait for the first price drop, but still...

It's worth twenty bucks if you like this kind of game and want to support Jeff Minter. And even Atari, when they're doing the right thing. I've bought it 4 times now and this is definitely the last time I'm doing that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

It's worth twenty bucks if you like this kind of game and want to support Jeff Minter. And even Atari, when they're doing the right thing. I've bought it 4 times now and this is definitely the last time I'm doing that. 

True, but knowing that Atari has dropped their Switch games to 50% discounts not THAT long after launch, I might wait a few weeks, just in case....

(I've never actually PLAYED the Minter Tempest titles, but I keep meaning to.)

8 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Indeed, it's out now. But I'll wait for a sale. It's not like I have a NeoGeo compilation on Switch, Control on PC, several games for the Pocket to play already, with Kirby and Andro Dunos 2 releasing this week, and a Genesis game I'm supposed to get soon.

• Like 2

Definite pickup at some point for sure.  

I'm still mad at Atari for not allowing the PSVR version of this, but i have to support Jeff M whenever I can!

I'd really like to wait for a physical release of this; i'm sure LRG will do it in about a year or so.  Thanks for the tip i didn't even know this was out! 

• 2 weeks later...

I planned to wait for a price cut but after watching some footage I just bought it at £14 eshop, 100 levels is going to be tough! Never played 2000 but love the original, well I only ever played it on Atari Anthology and Atari Classics collection.

I keep wondering if a Major Havoc remake will ever happen.. im rubbish at it but a new version could be soooo good!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... this is interesting...

Tempest 4000 is about 50% off in the Mexican eShop compared to the US eShop, based on standard pricing:

US: $19.99

Mexican: 185.99 mx, or $9.37 in usd.

All of Atari's other titles appear to have pricing parity... it's just Tempest 4000 that is significantly cheaper on the Mexican eShop.