IGNORED

SWUtils (SimCheck, SimTest, OSDump)

Panther

2 hours ago, spicyjack said:

?

Any chance you can add that URL to your first post, so people find the working URL first?

All the current files are attached to the first post, so this URL isn't really necessary, but I'll try to keep both updated.  I'll add the link to the first post next time I publish updates.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4 is mostly improvements in existing features, including a bit of a rewrite of how variables are stored, improved Mosaic memory detection, and a couple of display changes, but I did add GTIA/CTIA detection, now shown in the "Video System" line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reifsnyderb said:

What does SimTest show when the memory fails?

Either just the address of a failed base memory location, or preceded with X and two digits for extended memory, showing the PORTB byte, or preceded by A and two digits for the Axlon bank number.  It will continue showing each failed byte until the dedicated screen area is full (56 locations).

• Thanks 1

SimCheck 1.5 has been released.  This version includes a few fixes and adds 65C816 high memory detection.

How much RAM can one shove into an Atari 8-bit??

SimCheck-1.5.thumb.png.2af1576051dbbfe1b0b75ee710d27c9b.png

Of course, this is emulated, but I did test on real hardware with a Rapidus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because I wrote it to detect the versions of standard BASIC that might be included internally or at least a regular Atari cartridge, which Basic XE is not.  SimCheck isn't meant to detect any loaded programs that wouldn't normally be internal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ndary said:

does SIMTEST also test the 16k memory behind the OS? (shadow os memoery)?

Yes, all except the hardware register space at D000-D7FF.  Of course, if you have a cartridge installed then that memory area is impacted as well.  It even tests the memory occupied by SimTest.

• Like 1

OSDump 1.2 has been added, which now gives a menu with the following options:

XL/XE:

1 - Dump full XL/XE OS
2 - Dump 5000-57FF (self test)
3 - Dump C000-CFFF (interrupts, international charset)
4 - Dump D800-DFFF (floating point math)
5 - Dump E000-FFFF (main OS)

400/800:

1 - Dump full standard 800 OS
2 - Dump full extended 800 OS (with C000 range)
3 - Dump C000-CFFF (Omni, etc.)
4 - Dump D800-DFFF (floating point math)
5 - Dump E000-FFFF (main OS)

And X for exit.

Files are saved to D: (must exist) under the following filenames:

OS_XLXE.BIN = Full XL/XE (C000-CFFF, 5000-57FF, D800-DFFF, E000-FFFF)
  OS_800.BIN = Full 800 (D800-DFFF, E000-FFFF)
  OS_800X.BIN = Full 800 Extended (C000-CFFF, 0x00 x 2K, D800-DFFF, E000-FFFF)
  OS_5000.BIN = 5000-57FF
  OS_C000.BIN = C000-CFFF
  OS_D800.BIN = D800-DFFF
  OS_E000.BIN = E000-FFFF

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Would it be possible to update the OS via upload ? Kinda like when your phone gets a OS update, laptop, etc. Sorry if this is a stupid question,  thanks.

You alrady asked this question in an earlier post and it was answered.

I've been using your SimTest and it's working great.  I'd like to post a feature request for banked memory:  When there is a failure, also display the bank.  i.e.  A05:4FFF for Axlon bank 5, location $4FFF

This way we may be able to figure out which chip the problem is in without having to watch the screen the whole time.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, reifsnyderb said:

I've been using your SimTest and it's working great.  I'd like to post a feature request for banked memory:  When there is a failure, also display the bank.  i.e.  A05:4FFF for Axlon bank 5, location $4FFF

This way we may be able to figure out which chip the problem is in without having to watch the screen the whole time.

Are you using the latest version?  This exact feature was added already, you can see it in the screenshot in the first post.  Axx for Axlon or Xxx for Extended.  Glad it's useful!

8 minutes ago, Panther said:

Are you using the latest version?  This exact feature was added already, you can see it in the screenshot in the first post.  Axx for Axlon or Xxx for Extended.  Glad it's useful!

Oops.  I guess I am not using the latest version and need to upgrade.  Keep up the great work!

• 2 months later...