IGNORED

New leak from Microsoft states new Xbox console is coming… soon.

ColecoGamer

On 3/27/2022 at 2:35 AM, H454 said:

Translation: Here Is a non-story with filled a couple of guesses about thing that don't exist.

I am reminded of the old Quarterman column in EGM of decades past. Much of what passed for industry "news" back then was rampant speculation too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

the Quarterman column name "Gaming GOSSIP" was at least up-front about what it was about.. i.e. Industry speculation and rumors. Nothing wrong with that. :) 

And of course they did have a lot of actual early info that turned out to be accurate. e.g. Turbografx, Lynx, etc.

image.thumb.png.977c4f79b4ef8188d8946dd0117309df.png

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2

My favorite Quarterman "gosip" was when EGM did an exclusive magazine previewing the Super Nintendo games that were only released in Japan so far (in 1990) and the last article claimed that the North American version will plug in the expansion port of the NES... :roll:

Anyway, if there were to be a mid-generation release, it'll probably be like a "slim" model version that's cheaper to produce and hopefully will bypass the global chip shortage crap.

• Like 2

I think I've got huge insider news for you guys. ?

My source at Microsoft told me he's 100% positive they're working on a new system that should be released in a few years. I can also confirm it will be more powerful than the Series X.

But please keep it for yourself and don't say it comes from me. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I'm excited for a new console.  I want a series X but in a more traditional form factor.  The odd rectangle cube shape doesn't do it for me nor does it fit in my TV stand. 

I would be nice if they cut the weight down too.

I think my Series x weighs MORE than the first xbox.

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2022 at 2:07 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

I'm excited for a new console.  I want a series X but in a more traditional form factor.  The odd rectangle cube shape doesn't do it for me nor does it fit in my TV stand. 

I wonder if we'll actually see more of the odd rectangular shapes in the future.  Allows for more efficient and quieter airflow for those heat pumping GPUs.