IGNORED

Additional Fees on Ebay that caught me by surprise this year already

taxman

I already have my settings to not ship to international locations, but that doesn't stop a buyer who is registered outside of the United States from ordering and having it shipped to a U.S. location (e.g. freight forwarder). Well, I've come to realize now that Ebay will charge an additional 1.65% International fee in that circumstance. I don't know of a way to ship only to users registered in the United States.

Second issue I've come across was that UPS has charged me an additional $18 on top of my shipping that I paid through Ebay shipping. It doesn't state why, but from my research it appears that it is an address correction fee. I ran the address itself through UPS address validator website and it checks out fine. Now I will have to contact Ebay and/or UPS to find out what they had to change it to. This one really irks me. 

Do the 1.65% could be foreign currency exchange? that should charge to the buyer, You need to Ask Ebay more details on that.

I have used a lot of those freight companies and they don´t affect in any way the shipping, it's just a regular delivery in a industrial zone. You may have get charged additional fees due mistakes in the label, like size weight, etc. Also be aware of "Fuel price increase" charge, Some companies are charging that. you could ask for more details to Usps.

IIRC there's a setting that you can enable that will block buyers from countries you do not ship to, Check out the preferences in your seller account.

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2022 at 11:23 PM, taxman said:

I already have my settings to not ship to international locations, but that doesn't stop a buyer who is registered outside of the United States from ordering and having it shipped to a U.S. location (e.g. freight forwarder). Well, I've come to realize now that Ebay will charge an additional 1.65% International fee in that circumstance. I don't know of a way to ship only to users registered in the United States.

Second issue I've come across was that UPS has charged me an additional $18 on top of my shipping that I paid through Ebay shipping. It doesn't state why, but from my research it appears that it is an address correction fee. I ran the address itself through UPS address validator website and it checks out fine. Now I will have to contact Ebay and/or UPS to find out what they had to change it to. This one really irks me. 

Good evening 

I've used those freight companies and I have paid the shipping the freight company charges. Not the seller. 

But I didn't get anything from eBay that way. 

Be aware of oil prices etc.

D. 

Edited by delmero
  • Like 1

I think we are about to see a lot variety of stuff on the for sale area of forums.

Anything I list in the future will probably have a 5% charge for not using the friends and family option for paypal.

CL is a 50/50 chance of a quick sale or a long, drawn out PITA.

Haven't tried Facebook marketplace, because I hate FB.

Things are going back to when I was kid. Send somebody the money and wait 4-6 weeks.

• Like 1