IGNORED

Arcade 1up - Atari 10-1 Couchcade

negative1

A dedicated wireless system intended for play on the couch. has an ok trackball and spinner on it,

unlike most other plug and play:

https://www.popmarket.com/arc1up-atari-couchcade/195570015773

Product Image

ARC1UP ATARI COUCHCADE

Arcade1up Atari Couchcade

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again™ with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap!

When looking back at the history of video gaming, there is no doubt which company was the trailblazing pioneer: Atari. A name that became synonymous with the arcade boom, and a powerhouse in broad entertainment.

Atari titles captivated the world with vibrant graphics, easily learned yet challenging gameplay, and instantly recognizable imagery.

Now, relive an amazing Atari line up from the comfort of your own couch…no matter what your age! Packed inside this Couchcade, you’ve got ASTEROIDS® and ASTEROIDS DELUXE. CENTIPEDE® and MILLIPEDE®. Yes, MISSILE COMMAND® and TEMPEST® are here. Oh, and yeah, you’ve also got MAJOR HAVOC®, LUNAR LANDER®, CRYSTAL CASTLES®, and GRAVITAR®!

Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus.

Ten games, unlimited retro gaming fun. If there is any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

Features:

• 10 games in 1
  • Wireless Control Deck
  • HDMI Micro Game Console
  • Soft bean bag bottom
  • Built in carrying handle
  • Real feel arcade controls

Games:

• ASTEROIDS®
  • ASTEROIDS DELUXE
  • CENTIPEDE®
  • MILLIPEDE ®
  • MISSILE COMMAND ®
  • TEMPEST ®
  • MAJOR HAVOC®
  • LUNAR LANDER®
  • CRYSTAL CASTLES®
  • GRAVITAR®

Specifications:

• Assembled Dimensions: 19.6”L x 11.2”W x 4.5”H
  • Box Dimensions: 21.3” Lx 6.0”W x 13.6”H
  • Weight: 7.0 lbs
  • 2.4Ghz Wireless Control Deck
  • Control Deck powered by 4 “AAA” (Not Included)
  • Adjustable Volume
  • HMDI & USB cables included
  • 30ft Wireless gameplay range
  • Real feel Trackball, spinner, and buttons

later

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slikatel said:

No joystick? Wireless? IDK.

While I don't think that the A1U micro consoles are as bad as people say, It's going to be a hard pass for me on this "Joystick".

this is the 'ATARI' couchcade, with trackball and a spinner game, specific to that, that you can't play well with a joystick.

for those, you can get the pac-man couchade, with the namco games. that has the classics, galaga, dig dug, pac-man, etc.

--

i had their earlier plug and play,  pac-man wireless with a game controller, and it works fine. i didn't have any problems with it.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

The A1U micro consoles in the past had a sd card slot that played atari 2600 and 7800 roms. would have been nice to have a joystick on this couchcade and add all of those roms as well.

the older pacman and mega man micro consoles (and the giant disney and pacman joysticks) had usb ports on the console and I think you could get some limited number of other controllers to work. So maybe after some thinking, this isn't as bad as I initially thought. All depends on the price point now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Slikatel said:

I very much like the micro center stick, but I think it is sold out. Atari Single Player Fight Stick - Review - YouTube

that spinner is way out of the way.

and that red trackball looks terrible. and too small. ugh.

this has to be one of the ugliest looking joystick control panels i've ever seen.

the 2 stick one looks way better.

when i checked the site, they still have some.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

agreed about the spinner placement, although, I hear good things about that spinner. im sure all the trackballs are subpar, have to swap in a happ one. But, I have to say, the trackballs on these two sticks look to be about the same size. Is it a 2 and a half incher??? but its hard to tell, maybe A1U is larger? Im not a huge fan of sticks with padding or memory foam on the bottom, I have to disagree and say the micro center sticks looks better. the couchcades look like an A1U control panel, kind of cheap style.

The double/tank stick style one they makes does look okay, kind of plain and old school, and that is just fine. The last i looked on the newer single stick, it was only available in stores. The nice thing about it is how tall it is and you can get happ parts inside it.

Edited by Slikatel
clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slikatel said:

agreed about the spinner placement, although, I hear good things about that spinner. im sure all the trackballs are subpar, have to swap in a happ one. But, I have to say, the trackballs on these two sticks look to be about the same size. Is it a 2 and a half incher??? but its hard to tell, maybe A1U is larger? Im not a huge fan of sticks with padding or memory foam on the bottom, I have to disagree and say the micro center sticks looks better. the couchcades look like an A1U control panel, kind of cheap style.

the spinner is awesome. you can buy it separately. which is why i put in the dual atari stick one.

this looks like a 2 1/2 one also, same as arcade 1up.

the microcenter one looks like a tank, and is about twice as thick as it needs to be.

i want the soft bottom part to put on a lap, with every joystick i have now, i end up using a pillow anyways.

1 hour ago, Slikatel said:

The double/tank stick style one they makes does look okay, kind of plain and old school, and that is just fine. The last i looked on the newer single stick, it was only available in stores. The nice thing about it is how tall it is and you can get happ parts inside it.

the double stick is $130, and refurbs for $100

https://www.microcenter.com/product/623129/atari-ultimate-arcade-fightstick-usb-dual-joystick-2-player-game-controller-powered-by-raspberry-pi-3b?ob=1

a way, way better value, bigger trackball, dual sticks, and superb build quality.

later

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 12:12 AM, negative1 said:

A dedicated wireless system intended for play on the couch. has an ok trackball and spinner on it,

unlike most other plug and play:

https://www.popmarket.com/arc1up-atari-couchcade/195570015773

Product Image

ARC1UP ATARI COUCHCADE

Arcade1up Atari Couchcade

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again™ with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap!

When looking back at the history of video gaming, there is no doubt which company was the trailblazing pioneer: Atari. A name that became synonymous with the arcade boom, and a powerhouse in broad entertainment.

Atari titles captivated the world with vibrant graphics, easily learned yet challenging gameplay, and instantly recognizable imagery.

Now, relive an amazing Atari line up from the comfort of your own couch…no matter what your age! Packed inside this Couchcade, you’ve got ASTEROIDS® and ASTEROIDS DELUXE. CENTIPEDE® and MILLIPEDE®. Yes, MISSILE COMMAND® and TEMPEST® are here. Oh, and yeah, you’ve also got MAJOR HAVOC®, LUNAR LANDER®, CRYSTAL CASTLES®, and GRAVITAR®!

Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus.

Ten games, unlimited retro gaming fun. If there is any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

Features:

• 10 games in 1
  • Wireless Control Deck
  • Soft bean bag bottom
  • Built in carrying handle
  • Real feel arcade controls

Games:

• ASTEROIDS®
  • ASTEROIDS DELUXE
  • CENTIPEDE®
  • MILLIPEDE ®
  • MISSILE COMMAND ®
  • TEMPEST ®
  • MAJOR HAVOC®
  • LUNAR LANDER®
  • CRYSTAL CASTLES®
  • GRAVITAR®

Specifications:

• Assembled Dimensions: 19.6”L x 11.2”W x 4.5”H
  • Box Dimensions: 21.3” Lx 6.0”W x 13.6”H
  • Weight: 7.0 lbs
  • 2.4Ghz Wireless Control Deck
  • Control Deck powered by 4 “AAA” (Not Included)
  • Adjustable Volume
  • HMDI & USB cables included
  • 30ft Wireless gameplay range
  • Real feel Trackball, spinner, and buttons

later

I just purchased this because I saw it for sale for $99. with free shipping off the Forty Boxes website. 

Once I discovered they are supposed to be the arcade versions and not the Atari 2600 versions, I jumped on it.

Just for the chance to play Crystal Castles,Tempest,Major Havoc and others on my big screen for the first time,feels like it should be worth it.🤞

I certainly was not ever going to pay $179. for that opportunity. 

I hope it's cool with the spinner,trackball and all!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I find the idea of the Couchcade format appealing, but as far as I can tell the Atari version was never sold in Canada (we just get the Namco Pacman version).  I finally said 'what the hell' and purchased one from an eBay seller in the US.  The price was $140 US plus shipping to Canada, so it wasn't cheap IMHO....  

It arrived today, and I've spent about two hours trying out the included games.  Honestly, I really like it.  No issues at all connecting it.  The games are all the arcade version, not any home console.  I really appreciate that the controls are more like the arcade than the console versions of these games.  The buttons are decent and certainly playable, but not quite on a par with arcade quality buttons.  The trackball?  I've tried Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, and Crystal Castles.  It's been a long time since I've played any of these on a genuine arcade machine but I thought the trackball worked great.  It's really sweet to play these games on a real trackball instead of a joystick or D-pad.

Now the spinner... It's been at least 25 years since I've played Tempest on an arcade machine.  I recall the arcade machine as having more heft and weight to it.  This spinner works fine, it just feels very light and takes a bit of getting used to.

My favorite game after only two hours of play?  Lunar Lander!  I played this in the 'cade only a couple of times as a 12-year old kid, and never managed to land without dying.  Playing this, I loaded up with plenty of extra fuel, and actually managed to land it a couple of times without a crash.  I can see spending loads of time playing it.

All of the games have configurable settings: you can modify the number of lives per coin, bonus scores, difficulty level, etc.  You can also turn on/off the wood grain side borders you see in the pics below.  Overall, I am really pleased and I think I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this machine.

CC2.jpg

CC1.jpg

CC3.jpg

CC0.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I picked up one of these earlier in the year. Worth it to me just to play Tempest with the spinner, which is decent, however the trackball sucks ass. I still need to try greasing the thing to see if I can get smoother motion out of it; replacing the trackball looks non-trivial however, so I don’t know if anyone has ever tried that. I note there’s a micro SD card slot on the base - can you load MAME-compatible arcade ROMs that way and if so can you pair other Bluetooth controllers? Seems like that would be a good idea if so!

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 4:09 PM, Sean_1970 said:

I picked up one of these earlier in the year. Worth it to me just to play Tempest with the spinner, which is decent, however the trackball sucks ass. I still need to try greasing the thing to see if I can get smoother motion out of it; replacing the trackball looks non-trivial however, so I don’t know if anyone has ever tried that. I note there’s a micro SD card slot on the base - can you load MAME-compatible arcade ROMs that way and if so can you pair other Bluetooth controllers? Seems like that would be a good idea if so!

Took it apart again and lubricated the posts the trackball rollers sit on and it’s like it should have been out of the box. Nice to be able to play a game of Centipede or Missile Command without struggle and frustration 😁

Edited by Sean_1970
  • Like 1