IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 15 - Round 1 - Bank Panic

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Season 15 Round 1

image.png.6dc0aac45b92def18a43856d3a470e3d.pngBank Panic for Colecovision Box Artimage.png.de9a7611bd2d888d6b3541c467cfd0cf.png

Game Information

Game Name: Bank Panic

Released by: Arcade: Sega/Bally Midway 1984. CV: Team Pixelboy 2011.

Settings: 1 Player - Level 1

CV HSC High Score: First time playing Bank Panic in the CV HSC.

Manual: cvaddict.com

This game was chosen by DuggerVideoGames.

Bank Panic Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Score 5,000= +2, Score 12,000= +3, Score 25,000= +4, Score 45,000= +5, Score 75,000= +7, 

Score: 125,000+10, Score 200,000 & up= +12

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

Round Ends: April 10th  at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well. Season 15 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rule

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Bank Panic Scores

1)253,350 DuggerVideoGames +3 +12 +10 Record Setter :-o

2)210,550 patbb +3 +12

3)185,450 Ikrananka +3 +10

4)108,800 mark griff +3 +7

5)  99,100 Colecovision +7

6)  72,200 ed1475 +3 +5

7)  60,200 zaphro72 +3 +5

8)   48,100 timepilot +3 +5

9)  44,050 Northcoastgamer +3 +4

10)  39,450 OriginalJohn +3 +4

11)  28,700 fakecortex +3 +4

12)  26,200 jblenkle +3 +4

13)  13,900 xdurable +3 +3

14)       300 JEFF31 +3

Round 1 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){125} DuggerVideoGames

2) {98}  patbb

3) {86}  Ikrananka

4) {53}  mark griff

5) {49}  Colecovision

6) {36}  ed1475 

7) {32}  zaphro72

8)  {27}  timepilot

9) {24}  Northcoastgamer

10) {23}  OriginalJohn

11) {18}  fakecortex
12) {17}  jblenkle

13) {11}  xdurable

14)  {6}   JEFF31

bank-panic-2011.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Update

109,450 pts.  They got me on round 5.  This is harder than the arcade version, in my opinion (I've had over 400k on arcade version), but a fun game to play!  I recommend you take your picture after losing your life; however, if you fail to do so, the game still shows your high score on the screen when you start a new game.

If any of you are confused by the controllers and how they're mapped by default, here's how it is mapped by default on my gamepad.

Left door = left fire

Middle door = up on d-pad

Right door = right fire

It can feel weird and take some getting used to with those button mappings, but enjoy.  Happy shootin', Tex!

Bank Panic 109,450 pts.jpg

• Like 2

Anybody else saw numbers between the white boxes?

I was wondering if it was for identifying the door number where a bank robber will show next.

In the arcade version, the number appears in the back of the customers after a deposit.

20220403_195427.thumb.jpg.ecd2c9c5a1f449c76065e0968310ee54.jpg

• Like 4

90% of the time, I find an arcade version of a game to be more difficult than a Colecovision game; however, this is one of those rare times where the Coleco is the most difficult version for me.  Haha.

My personal best on Sega Master System:  580,450 pts.

My personal best on Arcade:  483,500 pts.

My personal best on Colecovision so far:  134,250 pts.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, patbb said:

Anybody else saw numbers between the white boxes?

I'm currently playing the game on my Phoenix and I'm seeing a lot of corruption appear in and around the white boxes.  Makes playing the game even more difficult as often I don't know where I still need to collect money from.  I'll try the game on my normal CV and see if it does it on that too.

13 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I'm currently playing the game on my Phoenix and I'm seeing a lot of corruption appear in and around the white boxes.  Makes playing the game even more difficult as often I don't know where I still need to collect money from.  I'll try the game on my normal CV and see if it does it on that too.

What do you mean by corruption?  Awfully glitched graphics?  Or just a partial dollar amount in the box?  If you're seeing a partial dollar amount in the box, that means they're in the process of robbing that door.

2 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

1 hour ago, DuggerVideoGames said:

What do you mean by corruption?  Awfully glitched graphics?  Or just a partial dollar amount in the box?  If you're seeing a partial dollar amount in the box, that means they're in the process of robbing that door.

Personally, I see a number in a black circle between the white boxes.

Most of the time it's between 10 and 11 I think.

I will try to record a game.

I'm using MAME, what emulator are you using?

As Dugger said, when you see [...] at the bottom of a white box, it's because that door is currently getting rob.

If you go to it, a robber will appear with a bag in his hand.

If you shoot him and the timer is at 0.00 you will get 5000 points + a letter to spell EXTRA.

4 hours ago, DuggerVideoGames said:

They're graphical glitches with garbled tiles sometimes between white boxes and sometimes within the white boxes.  They are strange characters and definitely not part of the game.  This all rang a bell so I dug out my copy of the boxed game and Team Pixelboy did include a loose sheet with a warning that the graphical glitches are known bug but that they are minor and shouldn't interfere with being able to play the game.  So I just played the game on my original CV and the glitches occurred MUCH less.  Also, I couldn't get the cart to work on my Phoenix but it works on my original CV.  So, looks like the Phoenix (and some emulators???) exacerbate the problem.

13 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

They're graphical glitches with garbled tiles sometimes between white boxes and sometimes within the white boxes.  They are strange characters and definitely not part of the game.  This all rang a bell so I dug out my copy of the boxed game and Team Pixelboy did include a loose sheet with a warning that the graphical glitches are known bug but that they are minor and shouldn't interfere with being able to play the game.  So I just played the game on my original CV and the glitches occurred MUCH less.  Also, I couldn't get the cart to work on my Phoenix but it works on my original CV.  So, looks like the Phoenix (and some emulators???) exacerbate the problem.

Thanks for the info.

This is an example below.

bpglitch.thumb.jpg.dae1fd68ea66d5663eec3d4e9afb12ae.jpg