IGNORED

Oddware lcd and misc. hardware

emerson

Free for the cost of shipping. You pay shipping. Continental US only please.

This is a Telex MagnaByte 5080 LCD monitor designed for overhead projectors. It powers up to an internal boot menu but the screen has some dead lines. I suspect a bad zebra strip connection? As far as I can tell everything is included. l can gut this for some useful parts but I'm hoping it will go to someone who can repair and use it. 14lbs in 20x17x7 inch box from 44240

telex_lcd.thumb.jpg.0a8cc07a0329f05b521616b10f4c365d.jpg

These are a few lamps for a 55" rear projection tv I no longer own. Take 'em both.

tv_lamps.thumb.jpg.2dcfd20025e21191356dcfde3f4e6173.jpg

Toshiba Satellite 110CS Pentium I laptop. It boots but no OS installed or corrupt hdd. No battery as it had bulged so I tossed it when I received this. The screen looks funky and uneven.

110cs_1.thumb.jpg.c7e617d3d3a214a3e1c4180525d0df8a.jpg110cs_2.thumb.jpg.c4dc18a9089463a745447e6452c54909.jpg

This stuff will be up for grabs until May 23rd when Christmas with the Sanfords begins. Possibly more to come as I continue to clean.

Edited by emerson
  • Like 2

that Toshiba laptop doesn't really look funky on the screen, that's probably a DSTN screen (think game gear) that a lot of laptops featured back in the day as TFT screens cost a pile of money (my first tft monitor is, still have it, a 18 inch and it cost me a grand in the year 2000, just for the screen) 

for gaming though its going to smear like a game gear, maybe not AS bad but still ... if it lingers I might take it, does it have a sound card? I am guessing yes but the speaker grills are on the front of those era machines (looks like there is a mic on the screen) 

On 4/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, Osgeld said:

that Toshiba laptop doesn't really look funky on the screen, that's probably a DSTN screen (think game gear) that a lot of laptops featured back in the day as TFT screens cost a pile of money (my first tft monitor is, still have it, a 18 inch and it cost me a grand in the year 2000, just for the screen) 

for gaming though its going to smear like a game gear, maybe not AS bad but still ... if it lingers I might take it, does it have a sound card? I am guessing yes but the speaker grills are on the front of those era machines (looks like there is a mic on the screen) 

Yes it smeared when I tried playing Prince of Persia. No sound outputs that I see.

The laptop is pending as another party has expressed interest via pm.

@emerson  Those shells, are those broken famicom games that may be repairable or literally just the shell?  Either way I think I might be able to use them, have to see, original plastic clamshells could be useful in case of disaster.  But hey if the game is in there busted, might be fun to try and resurrect it.

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

@emerson  Those shells, are those broken famicom games that may be repairable or literally just the shell?  Either way I think I might be able to use them, have to see, original plastic clamshells could be useful in case of disaster.  But hey if the game is in there busted, might be fun to try and resurrect it.

Shells only. These were unfortunate donor victims.