IGNORED

Replacement mouse cords?

dankcomputing

I can't seem to find a good source for new molded DB-9 mouse-type cords. The whole cable/cord has to have 9 conductors but be thinner/more flexible than the kind typically found in game controllers, so just cutting up extension cables is right out. And the connector has to be molded or it won't fit in every Amiga (see: the 600).

I've had some success using the cords from really really cheap third-party Genesis pads, the kind that are so cheap they don't bother populating the Mode button. For some strange (probably cost) reason they're really thin. The problem with those though is that the cord is usually too short.

Best Electronics has spare cords for the STM1, but I'd rather not deprive Atari ST owners of them, plus they probably don't have the third button line wired up.

There has to be a source for these somewhere, they'd be useful for other systems (i.e. pretty much any system that uses non-serial DB-9 mice). Anyone know?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...