IGNORED

Announcing - Hammer of the Gods

phoboz

1 hour ago, SlidellMan said:

Hey Krauser, have you thought about listening to the soundtracks to the Rastan series? I bet that a bit of Zuntata influence in HotG's music would go a long way.

Here's an example:

I had not thought about it, but it could be, I will listen to the soundtracks of this saga.

I would like to do something in the direction of Golden Axe 2 from Mega Drive

• Like 2

I know that pre-rendered sprites have gotten a bit of a stigma due to rapid oversaturation in the wake of Donkey Kong Country, but Hammer of the Gods actually looks on par with DKC3. If it isn't too much trouble, might I suggest adding weight to the character animation?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Robi-Wan said:

Dang this looks AWESOME! I hope this gets finished! With sped up gameplay and adding enemy AI this could be a killer title. I also hope it gets a legit box and manual. I would buy several copies. Keep it up! 

Yes work is being done, mostly on the art side right now.

We have so many game ideas in the making right now, but I hope we can narrow it down (this is definately one that will make it to the list). We also have a very interesting collaboration that I hope we can announce very soon?

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

This is a quote from Alexander Von Knorring's, Hammer Of The Gods thread

"We have so many game ideas in the making right now, but I hope we can narrow it down (this is definately one that will make it to the list). We also have a very interesting collaboration that I hope we can announce very soon."

It'll be cool to find out more about this collaboration.

21 hours ago, Gunther said:

It'll be cool to find out more about this collaboration.

Unfortunately I cannot say so about the collaboration yet, but we aim for a formal announcement later this year.

The result will definately bridge a gap in the Jaguar's library.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Any updates yet on this project?

Currently figuring out how to make good enemy AI. I didn't like the AI of Open BOR, e.g. all enemies walking the shortest path to the player (many enemies will overlap). Rather I would like to make something closer to the AI of Final Fight (where the enemies actually try to surround you from different directions)

• Like 2