IGNORED

The official Super Scope thread

I bought mine at a retro video game store a few years ago. I just today brought it out of its home in the garage after a cold winter to see if it still worked. A few battery changes later, it FINALLY began working again! I have most of the games used with it, but would like to get a complete set. Also, has anyone made a homebrew game for use with the Super Scope? If so, I'd love to try it, but I need it on its own cartridge since I don't have a SNES Everdrive (and who knows when those will be available again.)

I keep the CRT TV hooked up for use with older consoles like the SNES. It fits the period (my TV was made in 1993. It still works except for if you turn it on, there's white stripes at the top that scroll updwards off the screen.) Let's share the Super Scope memories. Anyone have any?

Costs a bit more but the FXPak Pro(SD2SNES) isn't made by krikzz or in Ukraine, that would do it... and really given how limited the everdrive is it's a better choice as there are a lot of whoppers you're missing out on otherwise due to special chips it lacks.

That said I'm not aware of any SS6 homebrew, but there are a lot of less documented games that use it optionally in some way, or even as a non-enforced preferred choice.  I'm sure you've seen the wiki list on it.

I don't have a lot of memories, I had one, got it when it was new largely because I won a gaming competition at the local mall that put up a prize amount that basically covered it.  It was a shooter rush on Gradius III, best time posted in arcade mode in 5min and I destroyed it. ;)  Despite how awkward and tiring after awhile it is slinging the cannon around I really enjoyed the pack-in game and finding some of the hidden goodies to it too, though I think largely shooting down the missiles one I liked most.  The tetris game was weird, not bad, but wasn't as appealing as blasting stuff just is slow and not great for puzzle action.